Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problem with Anvil Installation
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
elric13
hi,
how do you know if the Anvil is properly installed? I followed the instruction, installing the patch and proper fixpack, but when I try to download anvil, I get the black and white ms-dos like screen for a split second and then it disappears, so I can't install it!! does anyone know what's wrong here? thanks. for info I have windows vista
Sikret
Welcome to BWL, elric13!

Try downloading the mod from the download center once again. Perhaps you've had an incomplete or corrupted download. Then unzip it in your main BG2 folder afresh (if asked if you want to replace anything, reply "yes") and try to install it.

If it fails, try uninstalling your other mods one by one and try to install IA each time. Let me know the result.
Sikret
It's not bad if you also send me your Setup-ImprovedAnvil.Debug file.
elric13
Hi Sikret,

Thanks for your replies. I'm really looking forward to trting out the anvil -heard much good about it!.
OK, so I'll try that tonight -don't hav BG2 at work unfortunately wink.gif .

So, if I understand you correctly:

- I need to download the Anvil program directly in the area where BG2 is saved rather than just run it? Do I need to do it within a specific BG2 file or just the first main file containing all the other stuff.

- How can I verify Anvil was installed? If it is installed properly, then I should be able to selec the Vagrant kit at character creation right - if I can, then this means Anvil is installed, if not it means it's not installed?

Thanks much for your time and advice!

Sikret
QUOTE(elric13 @ Apr 30 2007, 07:33 PM) *
So, if I understand you correctly:

- I need to download the Anvil program directly in the area where BG2 is saved rather than just run it? Do I need to do it within a specific BG2 file or just the first main file containing all the other stuff.

You download a zip file. It doesn't make any difference where on your computer you put this zip file, but you need to unzip it inside your main BG2 folder. If you unzip it correctly, then two files and one folder will be added into your main BG2 folder. The folder is "ImprovedAnvil" folder and two files are Setup-ImprovedAnvil.EXE and Setup-ImprovedAnvil.tp2. In order to install the mod, you need to double click the exe one. (It is possible that due to different versions of WeiDu programs in your different mods, you may read the message on the Doss screen that it can't be installed and you need to double click it for one more time. This time it will install properly.)
- How can I verify Anvil was installed? If it is installed properly, then I should be able to selec the Vagrant kit at character creation right - if I can, then this means Anvil is installed, if not it means it's not installed?

You can open the Weidu.log file and see which mods are installed. The weidu.log file is a simple notepad text file inside your BG2 main folder. And yes, having Vagrant kit as an option is also a good criterion to verify that the mod is installed.
Thanks much for your time and advice!

You are welcome. Just let me know whether you finally managed to install the mod or not. If not, I will explain more.

sturmvogel
I got the following message when I tried to install IA 4.1 on my Mac:
ERROR: COPY ~ImprovedAnvil/2da/Vagran.2Da~ ~override/IMPROVEDANVIL/2DA/VAGRAN.2DA~ FAILED: cannot open target
Stopping installation because of error.

The file name seems to be correct when I open up the folder so I dunno what's going on. sad.gif
Sikret
As far as I know, IA has no Mac version; but I may be wrong, has anyone made a Mac version of the mod? I've heard that some people are experts in converting mods to be usable on Mac systems, but nobody has (yet) consulted/contacted with me about making a Mac version of the mod.
sturmvogel
Since you're using WeiDU there's no really no difference between Mac and PC versions other than which way the slash faces in file names. And that doesn't seem to be the issue here because the rest of the mod installed just fine.
Sikret
If you are sure that the rest of the mod can be installed fine on your Mac system, I can send you a private version of the mod which contains everything except the new kit, so that you can install and play it. What do you say?
sturmvogel
That would be most generous. I was going to try and comment out that section if I couldn't do it any other way. But given how little I know about Weidu files that was likely to be very chancy.
Sikret
Ok sturmvogel, first of all download IA v4.2 (but don't try to install it). I will send you a fixfile through a PM and will tell you what to do.

Stay tuned!
sturmvogel
Tried the revised .tp2 and no joy. Although I did have a new error message.

ERROR: error loading [ImprovedAnvil/itm/boot01.itm]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB], rolling back to previous state
Will uninstall 192 files for [SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component 0.
Uninstalled 192 files for [SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2] component 0.
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "ImprovedAnvil/itm/boot01.itm")

There is no boot01.itm file in the itm folder of IA.

I'll email you the bug file.
Sikret
But there is a boot01.itm file in the " itm" folder. Are you sure that you have downloaded IA v4.2 first? I guess that you have applied the new tp2 to the old IA v4.1. Check it again please.
sturmvogel
I could have sworn that I'd already replaced the old folder with 4.2, but I guess not. At any rate it installed fine and I should be playing here in a bit.
sturmvogel
And now I crash constantly whenever I get to the battle where I have to take the guy's body to the Harpers. Sigh. I don't think that's anything that IA has modded unless it was part of the general upgrades to the random encounters.

Later:: It must have been modded because the battle played through just fine when I uninstalled IA, although the thugs were total idiots and went down very easily, unlike the portions of the IA version that I got before crashing.

I've been very careful not to install anything on Sikret's incompatible list so I dunno what's going to. Other than the fact that I'd already started this game before I got Sikret's modified .tp2, although I was careful to avoid any of the modded battles.

Should I post my Weidu.log file?
sturmvogel
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #5 // Baldurdash Fix Pack for ToB, v1.6 WeiDU
~SETUP-BDTOBV16.TP2~ #0 #6 // Textupdatepack -> Baldurdash English Text Update Pack for ToB, v1.4 WeiDU
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ascension v1.41 (requires ToB)
~SETUP-ASCENSION.TP2~ #0 #2 // Original Tougher Demogorgon (optional, requires ToB)
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Kalah and What He Was Promised
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #3 // "Cat and Mouse" (Bodhi hunts you in Spellhold) by Ghreyfain
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #4 // Gorje Hilldark and the Extended Illithium Quest
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #6 // Restored Crooked Crane Inn
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #7 // Restored Encounters
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #8 // Artemis Entreri in Bodhi's Lair
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #9 // Corrected "Xzar's Creations"
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #10 // Restored Hell Minions, by SimDing0
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #11 // Gorf the Squisher Fix, by Gebhard Blucher
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #12 // Item Restorations
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #16 // Corrected BAMs and Scripts
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #17 // Corrected Character Names and Biographies
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #19 // Restored Bhaalspawn Powers, by David Gaider
~SETUP-UB.TP2~ #0 #24 // Sarevok's Remorse
~SETUP-SPSTUFF.TP2~ #0 #4 // Creslyn's BG2 Item Pack
~SETUP-ESERIES.TP2~ #0 #0 // eSeries v1.8
~SETUP-GMINION.TP2~ #0 #0 // gMinion v1.8
~SETUP-DBG.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.4
~SETUP-KELSEY.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey v2.1: for BG2 - SoA
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Kelsey: ToB - Version 2
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #2 // Ascension-specific dialogue (Requires WeiDU Ascension, v1.4.12 or greater recommended)
~SETUP-KELSEYTOB.TP2~ #0 #3 // Install Default Kelsey portrait set by Wynne Lurty? (set 1 of 3)
~SETUP-CELESTIALS.TP2~ #0 #0 // PnP Celestials
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #1 // Improved Statue of Riddles
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #2 // Transfer Yoshimo's XP to either Imoen or the Party
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #21 // Auto-Sell Script
~SETUP-Z#MISC.TP2~ #0 #22 // XP Evener Script
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.0
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dark Ritual
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #2 // Improved Harper Fight
~SETUP-DARKRITUAL.TP2~ #0 #3 // CoM Store 1
~SETUP-RUAD.TP2~ #0 #0 // Ruad Ro'fhessa (SoA)
~SETUP-RUAD.TP2~ #0 #1 // Ruad Ro'fhessa (ToB)
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #0 // Rolles Safyer
~PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER/PICKS_OF_THE_LITTER.TP2~ #0 #0 // Plasmocat's Picks of the Litter Portrait Pack
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #0 // Divine Remix Core Components (Required for Everything)
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #100 // Cleric Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #106 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Cleric Kit
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #200 // Druid Remix
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #605 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~DIVINE_REMIX/SETUP-DIVINE_REMIX.TP2~ #0 #610 // Install Nightcloak of Shar Kit for Viconia
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1040 // Improved Athkatlan City Guard
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1070 // Improved Kick-out Dialogues
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1120 // Stores Sell Higher Stacks of Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1160 // Multiple Strongholds (Baldurdash) -> No Restrictions (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1170 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1190 // Romance Bug Fixes
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1200 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2040 // Universal Clubs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2050 // Description Updates for Universal Clubs Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2090 // Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2151 // Wear Multiple Protection Items -> No Restrictions
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2160 // Alter Weapon Proficiency System -> Rebalanced Weapon Proficiencies
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2210 // True Grand Mastery (Baldurdash)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2220 // Change Magically Created Weapons to Zero Weight
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2230 // Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2231 // Description Updates for Make +x/+y Weapons Consistent Component
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2241 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table -> Capped, Best THAC0 is -10 (PnP/BG1 Table)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2250 // Un-Nerfed Sorcerer Spell Progression Table
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2260 // Alter Mage Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2270 // Alter Bard Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2280 // Alter Cleric Spell Progression Table -> Un-Nerfed Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #2296 // Alter Druid Spell and Level Progression Tables -> Use Cleric Level Progression Changes With Un-Nerfed Cleric Spell Table (Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3000 // Higher HP on Level Up -> Maximum
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3012 // Maximum HP for NPCs (the bigg) -> For Party-Joinable NPCs Only
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3020 // Identify All Items
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3031 // Easy Spell Learning -> 100% Learn Spells and No Maximum Cap
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3050 // Remove fatigue from restoration spells
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3060 // Remove "You Must Gather Your Party..." Sound (Weimer)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3080 // Unlimited Ammo Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3090 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3100 // Unlimited Potion Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3110 // Unlimited Scroll Stacking
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3120 // Happy Patch (Party NPCs do not fight or complain about reputation) -> NPCs are never angry about reputation
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3140 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams -> Originals from EoU (Karzak, Blucher)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3170 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3190 // Rest Anywhere (Japheth)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #3200 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4010 // Improved Fate Spirit Summoning
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4020 // ToB-Style NPCs
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4031 // Consistent Stats: Edwin -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4041 // Consistent Stats: Jaheira -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4050 // Change Jaheira to Neutral Good
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4061 // Consistent Stats: Minsc -> Use BG2 Values
~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #4071 // Consistent Stats: Viconia -> Use BG2 Values
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #0 // Xan NPC MOD for Baldur's Gate II, v4
~XAN/SETUP-XAN.TP2~ #0 #1 // Install alternate class for Xan? -> Change Xan's class to Fighter/Mage
~SETUP-AMDK.TP2~ #0 #0 // Auramaster druid kit
~BWQUEST.TP2~ #0 #0 // Black Rose Part I: Market Prices
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB
Sikret
I can only guess two possible causes for your problem. It's either a general issue with Mac systems or it's a mod conflict.
If it's the former, there is nothing I can suggest to solve the problem because I'm not familiar with Mac systems. In order to test whether my second guess is correct, you need to uninstall all of your other mods and install Improved Anvil alone. Then check to see whether the same problem occurs or not. If the same problem occurs again, then it is a general issue with Mac systems, but if it works fine, then it is a mod conflict which can be solved. We will then do other tests to find the mod whih causes the conflict. For now, try it with no other mod and let me know the result.
sturmvogel
I was afraid you were going to say that; I was really kinda hoping that I'd installed something that already had a known conflict so I could just slap my forehead in disgust and uninstall it. I'll roll everything back and see if I can identify the conflict.
luan
I successfully installed IA today but just wanted to give a few notes.

The Weidu Ease-of-Use mod is currently deprecated and replaced by the newer G3 BG2 tweak pack. However, after installing the newer G3 tweak pack, IA gives some odd feedback messages such as "there is a typo in line XXX". It continues with the install and reports to complete "successfully" but I didn't run the actual game to test. I'm not sure of what the conflicts are, but I decided to use the older Weidu Ease-of-Use which installed without a hitch.

The same "typo" messages can be reproduced with Cirerrek's eSeries AI Scripts which I also opted to omit from my installation.

Sturmvogel, I notice you have both of these aforementioned components installed, perhaps you can start investigating with those.
Cheers.
sturmvogel
luan,
Those errors are minor and really mean nothing other than something isn't formatted exactly as the latest WeiDU prefers; there's been lots of comments about it over on the G3 forums.

Got IA installed and working fine with Dungeon be gone and Divine Remix although I had a problem with the pit fight with Amalas. Some global didn't fire when I killed him and I only got the 1800 xp and was trapped in the pit. I dunno if anyone else has had this problem; what global to I need to change to get it to work properly?

I'll probably install the additional mods while I work on the early quests while I'm still weak. I'll probably try the AI mods and the Tweakpack next.
Sikret
sturmvogel,

Be careful to keep Improved Anvil as the last mod in your weidu.log file each time you install a new mod. Improved Anvil should always be the last mod you install. In other words, each time you install a new mod, you have to uninstall IA and install it afresh to make sure that it is the last mod installed (hitting the Re-install option will not do; you need to uninstall IA and install it again each time you add a new mod).

PS: Is your problem with the harper guy solved?
sturmvogel
I'm doing exactly that. It's a bit of a pain in the ass, but the only way to be sure.

Harper-guy? Do you mean Amalas? He's the guy in the CC who challenges you to a fight. I reloaded and he made no challenge both times. IIRC he initiates dialog whenever you get close, but not this time. I started it this last time and got stuck in the pit after winning. So some trigger isn't firing properly.
Sikret
QUOTE(sturmvogel @ May 6 2007, 01:39 AM) *

Harper-guy? Do you mean Amalas?

No, I was asking about a problem you had reported earlier. Here I quote from your post:

And now I crash constantly whenever I get to the battle where I have to take the guy's body to the Harpers.

sturmvogel
Oh, that was before I purged my installation and started all over again in a effort to identify the cause of all the crashes. Which now appears to be the eSeries AIs. I installed them on my last round of installs, but forgot to turn on the party AI so I was thinking that they were OK. But when I flipped the AI on I would only go a minute or less before crashing. Switched AIs and left party AI on without any problems, but the first eSeries I gave one of my NPCs and boom, down it went.

I'm still puzzled about the trigger failure in the CC with Amalas as I've walked by repeatedly and no disrespectful talk has ensued. I also haven't seen Wellyn in the Graveyard at night, but I have seen him in one of the earlier incarnations so I may just not be timing things right.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.