Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple stronghold and planar sphere mod
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Roy
I'm reinstalling BG2 now and wanted to ask if I'll see all the new stronghold
quests with the multiple strongholds component from ease of use.

Is the new mage stronghold quest compatible with the planar sphere mod?

One tactic in battles I have been using lately when on one tough boss
who uses melee or some other tough monster is running the character
he is attacking.

Usually he runs a little after him before choosing another target,
than I do it again and it helps.
Mongerman
1. No you wont. Your protagonist has to be a ranger or mage pure/multiclass to see the new quests.

2. What do you mean by planar sphere mod?
Sikret
QUOTE(Roy @ Apr 25 2007, 02:27 AM) *
I'm reinstalling BG2 now and wanted to ask if I'll see all the new stronghold quests with the multiple strongholds component from ease of use.

The mutiple strongholds component of Ease of Use is compatible with Improved Anvil, but it won't help you see the new quests added to the strongholds by IA. Their compatibility means that for example, with a non-mage protagonist the multiple strongholds will allow you to have the mage stronghold and too see the game's own standard quests of that stronghold, but, as Mongerman said, to see the new features IA adds to each stronghold you need to have a protagonist with the right class.
Is the new mage stronghold quest compatible with the planar sphere mod?

Yes, they are most probably compatible (never actually tested in practice). I just recommend two things if you want to install the Planar Sphere mod:

First, Planar Sphere mod has a feature which allows you to forge items by those furnaces. Do not go for that feature before completing IA's "Furnaces can Malfunction" feature.

Second, do not start Planar Sphere mod's main quest before completing all of the quests Improved Anvil has added to the mage stronghold.

Also do not install the PS-tele mod (the mod which allows you to teleport into planar sphere). It's not part of Planar Sphere mod, but most players who install Planar Sphere mod usually install it as well. As mentioned in IA's readme, you should not install it or any other mod which grants teleporting abilitites (or spells) to your party.

Roy
Thanks for the replies.

Sikret,how will I know that I finished all the additional IA quests?
Do the quest givers say it or disappear on anything like that?

Mongerman,the planar sphere mod adds additional quests to the planar
sphere mod,and lots of new items and spells and one though boss fight.
It's in the download center of BWL.
Sikret
QUOTE(Roy @ Apr 25 2007, 06:38 PM) *
Sikret,how will I know that I finished all the additional IA quests?
Do the quest givers say it or disappear on anything like that?

I think you can easily realize when a quest is finished; but whenever in doubt, you can just drop a line and ask. (If you think that a question may include heavy and unnecessary spoilers, you can always send it as a PM to me).

Razfallow
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 25 2007, 09:18 AM) *

... you should not install it or any other mod which grants teleporting abilitites (or spells) to your party.

May I know why?
Sikret
In some areas, the exit is sealed and the party should not be able to leave the area till some specific thing happens. With such teleporting abilities (such as the one PS-tele mod grants), the player may exit the area without knowing that he has ruined a plot.

Dimension door spells may cause the same problems Ctrl-J may cause. In cases, some events will happen if the party stands over or passes through a certain piece of map. bypassing those areas or jumping over them will cause problems.
Sikret
@Roy

Since you opened this topic, I am asking you. Are you playing the game with a mage protagonist and with both IA and the Planar Sphere mod installed? A player has reported to me that the two mods are incompatible. Have you encountered any conflict or compatibility problem either?
Roy
Sikret

I just started a new game today after reinstalling.When I'll get to the
stronghold I'll post about it.
Sikret
Ok, but keep saved games at each stage inside the stronghold; so that if you encounter a problem, you can return to an appropriate saved game without needing to start the entire game afresh. Keep even one save before entering the planar sphere for the first time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.