Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Congratulations are in order.... (spoilers, probably)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
leonidas
I've just completed my maiden run-through of IA 4.1 (easter break; lots of free time), and I wanted to offer a heart-felt thanks to sikret and co for producing such an outstanding mod. When I first found the site, I did rub my eyes in disbelief; that people would still put so much legitimate effort in making new content for a 6 year old game shocked me, but I'm glad you do. It's also nice to see a genuine tactical challenge over vanilla BG 2 and other so-called difficulty-enchancing mods, because lets face it, it's easy to make a battle that's impossible, it's quite another matter to make a battle that you only think is impossible for the first few goes and then you realise, hey, it's just very very difficult. Personally I think IA treads this line well with stuff like epic divine encounter and imp yaga shura.

As for my favourite parts, well I like the new scripting. It's nice to see intelligent spell use and along with that liches that don't immediately cast time stop when you engage them. I was also pleasantly surprised to see that, in addition to the new features, some of the previous battles had been retooled (enjoyed the new sewer party a lot). On the downside: golems. I must of killed at least....200 golems, during the course of the mod, and every fight seemed to have golems added. Felt like a freaking country golem jamberoo. Imo, there could be more variation.

So, anyway, to sikret, and all the lost hair that I forcefully tugged out of my scalp in frustration. Keep up the good work, sir.

(Oh yeah, because I won't be picking up the BG 2 reins again for a while, to sate my curiosity, where is the lord of hordes encounter? I managed to miss it completely. And who is limak and why do you take his brain? smile.gif).
leonidas
And thanks to thetruth as well for rapidly responding to me whining about bugs wink.gif .
Sikret
Did you complete the game so quickly, leonidas?! It sure calls for a big congratulation to you. I should add you to the list of my testers, then. wink.gif

Yes, golems are many but they are distributed along the entire game and they have a good variety in respect to their powers and types, didn't they?

What was your protagonist's class? With a non-mage protagonist you cannot meet Limak.

Your question about the horde surprised me. You have surely encountered them in TOB portion of the game. Think more and you will remember.
thetruth
Congratulations leonidas .thumb.gif

Wow completing the game in a such a brief time is certainly a new record (at least for IA). And I am very glad that you liked it.

because lets face it, it's easy to make a battle that's impossible, it's quite another matter to make a battle that you only think is impossible for the first few goes and then you realise, hey, it's just very very difficult. Personally I think IA treads this line well with stuff like epic divine encounter and imp yaga shura

I agree with this. The important thing is to enjoy this kind of difficulty and not get frustrated (it's not easy, I know).

On the downside: golems. I must of killed at least....200 golems, during the course of the mod, and every fight seemed to have golems added. Felt like a freaking country golem jamberoo. Imo, there could be more variation.

Hehe I concur. But what can we do, it's Sikret's favourite type of monster tongue.gif

But what is good about Golems is that you can give them as many resistances and abilities you want and they can be justified since they are magical constructions.
This way players won't complain about unjustifiable resistances/abilities. wink.gif

where is the lord of hordes encounter

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-

Horde of Lords are the Sk.Lords that respawn in the area of the Temple and Nyalee (Yagashura's mother).

About Limak, I don't remember this name, though I think I have seen his brain somewhere tongue.gif .

Sikret
QUOTE(thetruth @ Apr 22 2007, 04:13 PM) *
Hehe I concur. But what can we do, it's Sikret's favourite type of monster tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

leonidas
QUOTE(thetruth @ Apr 22 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Congratulations leonidas .thumb.gif

where is the lord of hordes encounter

SPOILERS
-
-
-
-
-

Horde of Lords are the Sk.Lords that respawn in the area of the Temple and Nyalee (Yagashura's mother).

About Limak, I don't remember this name, though I think I have seen his brain somewhere tongue.gif .

Haha, boy is my face red, i was looking for a lord of a horde wink.gif .

Thank you, dyslexia.
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2007, 11:40 AM) *

What was your protagonist's class? With a non-mage protagonist you cannot meet Limak.

Yeah I had a mage protagonist, and i'm a pretty thorough player, but I couldn't for the life of me find limak.
Sikret
Did you forge "Memory of the Apprenti"?
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 22 2007, 12:35 PM) *

Did you forge "Memory of the Apprenti"?

Ran out of those memory boosting scrolls, wasted them all on haer'dalis' fecking vest.

Ah well, that clears that up, thanks sikret.
Baronius
I've just completed my maiden run-through of IA 4.1

Congratulations, leonidas!
Sikret
Just curious, leonidas!

Did you have Pasha Mahmoud at your side during the Epic Divine Encounter?
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 23 2007, 03:04 PM) *

Just curious, leonidas!

Did you have Pasha Mahmoud at your side during the Epic Divine Encounter?

Aye, and he was my favourite character of IA 4.1v, probably because he managed to kill 5 horrid rakshasas by himself, but certainly it was nice to have an event that could be influenced by a decision made earlier in the game.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.