Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Strongly Not Recommended EoU Components: Why
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
nataben1314
I was going through the readmes before starting, just to make sure I install correctly and all that, and saw the following components of ease of use are strongly recommended against by Sikret:

X- Multi-Class Grand Mastery
X- Invisible Cloak of Mirroring Animation
X- Bottomless Bag of Holding
X- Shapeshifter Rebalancing
X- No Traps or Locks

Now shapeshifter rebalancing I definitely can understand, because it's overpowered and I am going to use auramaster anyways. But I wonder about the others? Like are these recommended against because they will cause bugs with IA, or because they are just, in sikret's opinion, unbalancing or overpowered or whatever?

Also, will it cause the game to go buggy if I CLUA in containers (scroll, ammo belt, gem bag, bag of holding) right when I start? I really detest inventory management.
Mongerman
Multi-class GM - cheat/overpowered, since all multiclass monsters are restricted to 2 pips.

Bottomless bag of holding - causes lag when there are too many items

No idea about the rest
Sikret
Thanks, Mongerman!

As for, Multi-class GM and the bag, it is as Mongerman said.

X- Invisible Cloak of Mirroring Animation

This component will make the game much more difficult and unrealistic for you, because it eliminates the animation not only from the cloak (which is changed anyway and doesn't have that annoying animation anymore) but also from all spells which have an d require to have that animation. Without the animation, it will be much more difficult for you to detect when the duration of those spells (such as SI) have been expired.

X- No Traps or Locks

It's bugged. It will allow you to open even those locked doors which do not have conventional locks and require some special key or some special event before being opened (such as the door to Bodhi's lair and the door to planar sphere).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.