Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auramaster questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Roy
Hi

Could someone explain why is the auramaster useful excatly and how to
properly use it?
I read the kit and abilities and it seems to me it's a druid with a bit more
spells and the special abilities don's seem that good.

I'm not sure if to continue with cernd after trademeet instead of getting
some other NPC?
angiras
I picked up Cernd early on, and he now has a little over 2 million exp. He has been exceptionally useful for me, because he has the fastest cast speed of anyone in my party, (especially with aura cleansing), and can get off creeping doom at the very start, which helps a ton with enemy casters.

He also gets some nice mage spells, including saving throw reducing spells (doom and greater malaison) as well as some other mage protection removal spells, which frees up my mages for other things. In addition, he gets chaotic commands (cc), which I use regularly.

Basically, hes like a druid-mage multi-class. Unlike Jaheria, who Ive mainly used for melee, and an occaisional spell here and there (her casting time is soooo slow), Cernd is a back-row caster, support class, who I rarely send into melee. So far, Im very happy with him.

Roy
Thanks for the reply.What about his other special abilites like regeneration
and improved aura of invulnerability,what are they usful for?
angiras
Well, the regeneration spell is very useful. It is basically a heal over time, (lasts for seven rounds), which can be cast on other party members. Cast it on your tank, and he wont have to stop to drink in the midst of a hard fight, where he is taking constant damage.

The perfect camoflauge spell is a good scouting or get out of jail free spell--kinda like the cleric's salvation. It will make the druid invisible, and improve his AC by 4, even if the enemies have true sight going. So its a good spell to cast if and when the druid gets unwanted agro. Basically, it makes him untargetable by spells--except area of effect spells.

Not sure if it works against golems, however, which have the innate ability to see invisibility. Ill have to test that.
Roy
Thanks.I meant the regeneration ability that come with the kit,actually
if it's making a difference.

And the his improved aura of invulnerability with the physical
resistence and AC bonus and immunity to 5th level spells or less.
Semms kind of weird because he is probably not used as a front
line fighter.

rbeverjr
I traded in Keldorn for Cernd, the Auramaster. I didn't like Keldorn because I wasn't having much success with his Dispel Magic - the primary reason I chose an inquisitor. I'm liking Cernd just fine so far. I think Sikret did a good job in jazzing up the power of the druid. I expect (hope) that he will continue to be useful in ToB.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.