Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hurray for IA4! Need opinions on protagonist and party!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Mongerman
Woo hoo IA 4 is out! I played IA many months ago, gave up halfway due to work committments, and came back to find this. What a pleasant surprise! Anyway, I would like to ask the opinion of experienced players, what would be the best protagonist, assuming I use only bioware NPCs. I dislike pure magic classes, so no pure mages for me! I prefer to use the following classes

1. Blade
2. berserker 13/ mage
3. Multi fighter/mage
4. Fighter/thief
5. f/m/t
6. Multi R/C

Thanks all!
Sikret
Hi, Mongerman!

Nice to read from you again.

In order to see one of the two expanded strongholds (i.e. Mage stronghold or Ranger Stronghold) it is recommended that you choose either a ranger protagonist (any kit or even R/C) or a mage/sorcerer protagonist (doesn't need to be a pure mage. Multi and dual will also do).

Cheers
Mongerman
Hello again Sikret =). I remember I had to give up my playthrough at sorcerers.net with great reluctance, but it was simply so addictive that I had to drop it or compromise my work. Hopefully I'll be able to finish it this time. Seems like a R/C is the way to go. Any other suggestions if seeing the new expanded strongholds is not a priority?

Sikret you seem to place great emphasis on the ranger stronghold quest. Does the player get something amazing out of it?
Sikret
QUOTE(Mongerman @ Apr 19 2007, 12:14 PM) *
Any other suggestions if seeing the new expanded strongholds is not a priority?

No, if seeing the expanded strongholds is not priority, then you can pick whatever class you like. Just note that the "Post-Firkraag adventures" requires a non-evil protagonist, but it doesn't have class restriction.
Sikret you seem to place great emphasis on the ranger stronghold quest. Does the player get something amazing out of it?

Well, I don't know what sort of special thing you may be looking for. Playing the quest and solving the puzzle and mystery behind it will be a new gaming experience. You will, of course, gain XP, items and reward as well.

thetruth

@Mongerman

All of the classes you mentioned are powerful in IA4.
F/M or a R/C would be a good choice for the stronghold quests.

Also although I prefer a B-M (13-28) to a F/M, in IA4 the F/M is more powerful because of the better THACO.

As for the rest of your party:

- Jaheira
- Keldorn
- HaerDalis (assuming that you don't take a Blade as PC)
- Aerie
- Anomen
- Imoen or Nalia

all of them are good choices for a good-neutral aligned party.
Mongerman
Thanks guys. I'll be getting started today/tmr
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.