Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: De'Arneise Keep - forged flail supposed to vanish?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Fillian
Sikret, yes indeedy, I'm getting a tactical workout. biggrin.gif

Question about Nalia's keep - is Frostreaver supposed to disappear when you leave the "residence" level of the keep? I can't keep it from disappearing out of my hands when I return to the lower level.

The same thing happens when I forge all three pieces of the flail of ages - it says that the party has received an item, but there's nothing there.

As my protagonist forges the flail, he has nothing in his inventory except the three flail heads. He doesn't have any weapons in his weapon slots either. But when I click the forge the second time and get the experience points + "Your party has gained an item" - the forged flail is just not there. It's not in the inventory of any other person either.

So, if the Magic Weapon Fairies came along and swiped it with no clues and took it down to TorGal's lair, cool -- I just want some indication that I'm not waiting patiently to retrieve the weapon as I advance through the game when it's actually gone missing as a result of a bug.
Raven
I have had Frostreaver disappear from my inventory (although I can't be sure exactly where it happened it was definitely while I was inside the keep).

Surely this is a bug? I installed all the mods mentioned in the readme exactly as suggested (and no others) so I can't see it being some incompatibility issue.

thetruth
Do you have the 4.1 version of the mod guys?

It is a small bug fixed in the 4.1 version. You just have to return to a saved game where you haven't entered D'Arnise Hold yet in your game.

From Sikret:

We had tested these areas before and all of the features used to work seamlessly. But just a few minutes before the public release I hastily added something (containing a typo) which has caused all these problems. I fixed it in V4.1.

So after installing V4.1 just return to a saved game before D'Arnise keep and everything will work as intended.
Fillian
Thanks, Thetruth! That was one of the gentlest "RTFF" reminders I've ever gotten.

wink.gif
Sikret
After installing IA 4.1, return to a saved game before D'Arnise keep's main area (not simply to a saved game before the secret door which leads inside the building).
Toxeus
I play IA v4.1, have just forged flail and it has disappeared!
"Party has gained item"
"Party has gained expierence" - and nothing in my inventory sad.gif
I tried to add flail with SK, but it still simply does not appear in inventory.

If i can fix flail myself (with NearInfinity or any other tool), please explain how to do it. I don't have patience to wait the next version of mod wink.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Toxeus @ Apr 29 2007, 10:16 AM) *
I play IA v4.1, have just forged flail and it has disappeared!
"Party has gained item"
"Party has gained expierence" - and nothing in my inventory sad.gif
I tried to add flail with SK, but it still simply does not appear in inventory.

If i can fix flail myself (with NearInfinity or any other tool), please explain how to do it. I don't have patience to wait the next version of mod wink.gif

The flail doesn't disappear in IA v4.1 if you forge it without cheat. How did you gain the flail heads? Did you cheat any of them into the game? If not, had you visited the keep with IA v4 and didn't return to a saved game before D'Arnise keep after installing IA v4.1?

Toxeus
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 29 2007, 11:08 AM) *
Did you cheat any of them into the game? If not, had you visited the keep with IA v4 and didn't return to a saved game before D'Arnise keep after installing IA v4.1?

No and no. I have taken away flail heads from Glacias, greater yuan-ti in the yard and from a chest near to golems. And I did not install the previous version of IA at all.

Part of IA readme file in my game folder:
Improved Anvil mod for BG2 & TOB
VERSION 4.1
Sikret
Then, send your Weidu.log file. It's not bad to see which other mods you have installed. Noone else has experienced such a problem in IA v4.1, so it may be a conflict with some other mod.
Mongerman
You might considering stickying this Sikret, considering how many people have encountered the problem
Toxeus
This time it was my fault: i have installed some mods after IA. So uninstalling IA and installing it anew as the last mod in weidu.log have solved the problem.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.