Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone else noticed enemies can't use scrolls?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
leonidas
Been playing IA 4.0 a bit, and it seems whenever an enemy goes to cast a spell via a scroll, the emote appears then nothing happens. Kinda curious as to whether my installation is buggered or it's just a script issue.
thetruth
QUOTE(leonidas @ Apr 13 2007, 08:32 PM) *

Been playing IA 4.0 a bit, and it seems whenever an enemy goes to cast a spell via a scroll, the emote appears then nothing happens. Kinda curious as to whether my installation is buggered or it's just a script issue.

Do you remember some specific enemies/battles where you have seen this ?

I remember something similar happening with an enemy mage (can't remember who now), but Sikret had fixed that.
leonidas
So far i've noticed the issue with the fighter/mage/cleric bounty hunter in the planar prison and with the grave lich. Seems to mainly affect casters who like to beat you up between casting spells.

edit:city gates grave lich.
Sikret
This is strange. Just checked their scripts and didn't find any errors. Can you test those two battles once again, thetruth?
thetruth
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 13 2007, 09:58 PM) *

This is strange. Just checked their scripts and didn't find any errors. Can you test those two battles once again, thetruth?

Just tested the Bounty Huntress of the P.Prison and Leonidas is right.
The uses scroll message appears, but she attacks in melee immediately after and no spell is cast.

Edit: Yep the same happens with the Gate's Lich as well.
Sikret
Ok, we need to find the cause of the problem before we can start to think of a solution. Please test a few other creatures with similar fighting methods and report to me if their scripts work properly, thetruth! (We had tested all these battles before, right?) I sent you a PM containing a few other creatures who use scrolls to be tested. Thanks.
leonidas
Ah phew, at least it's not just me then.

Sikret
Did that problem make those two battles too easy (or not challenging enough) for you, leonidas?
Sikret
I think I found out the cause of the problem. I sent fix files to thetruth to test the battles again. Once he reports to me that everything is working fine with those fix files, I will release a new version (V4.1) of the mod. Fortunately, you won't need to start a new game after installing that new version, because you have already started a new game with v4.
leonidas
QUOTE(Sikret @ Apr 13 2007, 09:18 PM) *

Did that problem make those two battles too easy (or not challenging enough) for you, leonidas?

The grave lich I can't speak for, he stomped my level 9 party. The bounty hunter was a little on the easy side though, without the pomw from the scrolls she just kinda.....died.
Sikret
Ok, thetruth reported that my fix files have successfully solved the problem. A new version will be released within the next 24 hours, I hope. Just slow down the speed of playing the game till the new version is released. As I said before, you won't need to start a new game after installing V4.1 and can continue from your saved games. You have already started a new game with IA v4. (Starting a new game was only necessary for the randomization program. That program remains the same and will not change.)
leonidas
excellent stuff, cheers sikret.
leonidas
Oh one more thing, the flail of ages didn't appear in my inv when I forged it with the third head, and the greater yuan-ti seems to drop a second cold head (in addition to the cold head from the lion statue thingy).

Edit: Tried to add it with shadow keeper and that doesn't work either.
Sikret
There should be no flail head in the lion statue.

The forged flail should not disappear if you have killed Greater Yuanti, the whisper Spider (at bridge) and Glaicas.
Sikret
QUOTE(leonidas @ Apr 14 2007, 04:14 PM) *
excellent stuff, cheers sikret.

Welcome smile.gif

I just sent the new version of the mod (IA v4.1) to Baronius. It's just a matter of time (hours) when he will be online to upload it for download. If I am off-line, Baronius will inform you that it is uploaded and that you can download it. (I updated the mod's documents and version number in the forum, because I'm going to be offline for a few hours. It doesn't mean yet that the new version is uploaded. Baronius will tell you when it is ready to download.)

Your name (leonidas) is also added to the credit section of the readme for detecting and reporting the problem of some enemies not using their scrolls in IA v4. The problem is now completely solved. I also wish to thank thetruth again for performing the required tests so quickly. Without his help fixing the problem would take more time for sure.

Romulas
As I reported to sikret in a private message, I also found the first part of the flail in the room with the elephant and lion. I have very few mods installed and will put the weidu file in this message.

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Infinite Weapon, Potion and Ring/Amulet Stacking
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #3 // True Grand Mastery (extra half-attack, etc.) (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #4 // Shut Up "You Must Gather Your Party Before Venturing Forth"
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #5 // Faster Chapter 1&2 Cut-Scenes and Dreams (Karzak, Blucher) (SEE WARNINGS)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #6 // Wear Magical Armor AND Magic Rings (etc.)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #9 // Un-Nerfed THAC0 Table, Saving Throws, Grand-Mastery, and Arcane, Divine Spell Progression (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #10 // XP Cap Remover
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #11 // Allow Multi-Player Created NPCs to "Wait Here" When Kicked Out
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #13 // Unlimited Bag of Holding (Blucher)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #15 // Bonus Merchants (Baldurdash)
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #17 // No Drow Avatars On Party In Underdark
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #18 // Imoen ToB Dialogue Fix
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #20 // Female Edwina
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #21 // Romance: Bug Fixes (required for later components).
~SETUP-EASE.TP2~ #0 #26 // Low Reputation Store Discount (Sabre)
~SETUP-DUNGEONBEGONE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Dungeon Be Gone V1.3
~SETUP-PLANARSPHEREMOD.TP2~ #0 #0 // PlanarSphereMod v2.0
~GBTHFKP.TP2~ #0 #1 // Enhanced Random Encounters (w/Kensai Ryu, ToB req.)
~SETUP-TZSHOP01.TP2~ #0 #0 // The Magnificient Magic Shop
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #0 // Rolles Safyer
~SETUP-ROLLES.TP2~ #1 #1 // Bag of Holding in Irenicus Dungeon
~SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.TP2~ #0 #0 // Improved Anvil for SOA & TOB

I do not see where any of these affect the keep part of ia.

Romulas
Sikret
You are right. We had tested these areas before and all of the features used to work seamlessly. But just a few minutes before the public release I hastily added something (containing a typo) which has caused all these problems. I fixed it in V4.1.

So after installing V4.1 (it's not yet ready to download; Baronius will tell you when it is ready), just return to a saved game before D'Arnise keep and everything will work as intended.
Baronius
V4.1 is now available.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.