Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aria01-16 cause script errors?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Exor
ph34r.gif

I guess that shouldn't be
Copied out of the SETUP-Improved Anvil.debug:

Compiling 1 dialogue file ...
[ImprovedAnvil/English/ghost.tra] parsed
[ImprovedAnvil/English/ghost.tra] has 29 translation strings
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("askedwho","ARIA01")
... Global("askedwhere","ARIA01")
Global("ghosttalked","ARIA01")
[ImprovedAnvil/dlg/iacghost.d] parsed
Processing 1 dialogues/scripts ...
[ImprovedAnvil/scripts/ARia10.baf] parsed
Compiling 1 script ...
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iaexit","ARia11")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("IaNumOfDeads","ARia11")
[ImprovedAnvil/scripts/ARia11.baf] parsed
Compiling 1 script ...
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iaexit","ARia12")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("IaNumOfDeads","ARia12")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iablock","ARia12")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iablock","ARia12")
[ImprovedAnvil/scripts/ARia12.baf] parsed
Compiling 1 script ...
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iaexit","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iacghost","Aria14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iacghost2","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iacghost2","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("ghostwent","ARIA14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iafog","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iafog","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iareaction","ARia14")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iareaction","ARia14")
[ImprovedAnvil/scripts/ARia14.baf] parsed
Compiling 1 script ...
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iaexit","ARia16")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iatrapworked","ARia16")
This expression has a typo in the second part: Global("Iatrapworked","ARia16")

mmh?

Click to view attachment
Baronius
There is nothing to worry about. These aren't errors.

It's due to a WeiDU mechanism that is meant to support modders in certain aspects of debugging. The messages you get are related to the installation order of scripts and areas.

Months ago, I brought up the possibility of an option that could turn it off, but it was rejected. On the other hand, the newest WeiDU release seems to have a MODDER flag, so I suppose others had also problems with it (I don't follow the everyday events on WeiDU forums, so I don't know exactly).
The Bigg
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 12 2007, 05:59 PM) *

Months ago, I brought up the possibility of an option that could turn it off, but it was rejected. On the other hand, the newest WeiDU release seems to have a MODDER flag, so I suppose others had also problems with it (I don't follow the everyday events on WeiDU forums, so I don't know exactly).

I'm not going to claim that the debacle surrounding this feature was quite the blunder on my part, but if anybody is interested in my PoV, my main reason for not introducing MODDER was that, right after its inception, some actual typoes were found in mods that wouldn't otherwise be checked against MODDER (E.G. Kiara & Zayia), along with the fact that an hacky way to fix the reports was available. I rejected further requests because of the fix being available (and the mixture of pride and jealousy you tend to develop for your code). Then, one day I decided out of the blue that the feature was doing more harm than good in terms of scared newbies, hence I coded an on/off switch. Hopefully this and other mods will update soon, to close this embarrassing chapter of WeiDU history smile.gif

A couple of threads for those interested in this type of stuff: here and here
Sikret
@Exor
There are actually no typos in those scripts. It's probably a problem caused by your version of Weidu. You can easily change back all of your mods' weidu versions to V185 (which is the version used in IA). To do so:

1- Unzip the downloaded package of Improved Anvil afresh (the version of weidu in the download package is V185)

2- Look at your main BG2 folder and find all files with the general name of Setup-modname.EXE. For example, let's say that you will find 7 of these files in addition to IA's. This means that you have 7 other weidu mods.

3- Now, make a copy Setup-ImprovedAnvil.EXE file and paste it somewhere on your computer (no matter where). Rename the newly pasted file to one of your 7 other Setup-Modname.EXE and then paste it into your main BG2 folder. If asked if you want to replace, reply "yes". Then repeat it for the other 6 mods. In this way the versions of all those 7 mods will be changed back to V185.

Note that even one single mod with a newer version of weidu than v185 will automatically update all other mods to the new version of weidu if you try to install it. Hence, you need to follow the abovementioned procedure for all of the mods you intend to install.

Of course, the whole process is not mandatory, because as Baronius said, it's not actually an error and the mod is most probably installed seamlessly. Changing back to V185 will just ensure that you will not see such false reports during the installation process.
The Bigg
Unless you have further troubles with WeiDU >= 185 (which I'd like to see reported so that I can fix them), WeiDU 199 fixes the bug that reports those typoes, and it is much easier for users to update your setup-IA.exe to 199, rather than downgrading their WeiDU versions.

For the curious, I installed IA with both WeiDU 185 and WeiDU 199. The list of files which were different (and a description why) follows:
CODE
SETUP-IMPROVEDANVIL.DEBUG
Setup-ImprovedAnvil.exe

(obviously)

CODE
WeiDU.log

This contains a change in the comment:
CODE
- // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
+ // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name

CODE
25stweap.2da
KITLIST.2DA
weapprof.2da

ADD_KIT applies an automatic 2da prettying code to those files, and the new column in 25stweap.2da is put before the DEFAULT one, otherwise incorrect items will be given if you create a new character using the given kit in ToB.

CODE
deshar.cre
hlassa.cre
hlfight.cre
kaol.cre
legdor.cre
obshal05.cre
plmetr01.cre
plmetw01.cre
pwarden.cre

WeiDU 185 didn't evaluate properly the EQUIP flag (as can be seen either in game or in an editor).
ronin69hof
Downgrading to 185 from 199 is like going from WinXP to Win3.1
Sikret
@Exor
Just forgot to mention that if you decide to do the renaming process of EXE files to make all of them V185, you should uninstall all of your mods before doing that.

Also note that if any of your other mods actually use a new WeiDu command which was not there in V185, then you should either forgo installing that mod or should forgo the renaming process.

@The Bigg
Thanks for testing the installation of the mod with two different versions of WeiDu.

The problem of those creatures not equipping their weapons is addressed to in the creatures' scripts, so they don't need to worry about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.