Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Welcome!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Keldorn NPC
Pages: 1, 2
Vlad
Just a few words about this mod. It was written by Senka and proof-read by Larrienne. The mod adds friendship with Keldorn, expands his conflict with Anomen, his relationships with Maria, brings PC to Keldorn's enclave, to his family castle, to protect his lands from invaders.
Senka
I'm just happy that work already started smile.gif Thank you, Vlad!
K'aeloree
Can't wait to see what comes of this! smile.gif
Toxeus
Great! Something about preliminary date?
Vlad
Something about preliminary date?

I hope -> this year. smile.gif
Ardanis
I hope you won't make it incompatible with other mods? smile.gif
Anyway, sounds promising, good luck with it.
Senka
QUOTE(Ardanis @ Apr 10 2007, 01:48 PM) *

I hope you won't make it incompatible with other mods? smile.gif

Other NPC-romances are not welcome
Vlad
As Senka said, it will be technically compatible. However, all other romances will be blocked as in the original game, where you cannot have more than one romance at a time.
Ardanis
Thanks, I have nothing to worry about then.
Toxeus
QUOTE(Vlad @ Apr 10 2007, 07:20 PM) *
all other romances will be blocked as in the original game, where you cannot have more than one romance at a time.

I hope i'll be possible for male protagonist to be Keldorn's friend and , for example, Jaheira's lover? wink.gif
Senka
No. This mod is for female PC. You have a lot of mods for male-PC, really
K'aeloree
So this is a romance, and not a friendship? I'm a little confused, now. You should be able to be in a friendship with several people at once as well as in a romance, shouldn't you?
Senka
Of course it's friendship AND romance with Keldorn. I didn't care about other NPC, frankly smile.gif Or I didn't understand your question, sorry
K'aeloree
That's okay - Vlad said it was a friendship, rather than a romance, so... smile.gif Thanks. So a male PC can be friends with him, right?
Senka
I think for male-PC relatoinships with Keldorn is not available. All dialogues are written for female-PC
Ardanis
The mod adds friendship with Keldorn

I thought that meant friendship, no matter of gender. Since I can't imagine myself playing female character, I appear to have a bad luck. Alas...

Well, good luck anyway.
Ankhesenpaaten
I'm glad to see that this is really going to happen! I've read some forums and every so often we girls wonder what it would be like to have Keldorn be romanceable even though he has a family. The fact that he can have a really bad family situation would open things up I think. I mean Bioware has Jaihera just lose her husband and be a romance so why not Keldorn if his quest goes the bad route? I can't wait to see how you handle all of this and I hope it comes soon. Is most of the story and dialogs already written? It kind of sounds like it. I'm glad to see this here Senka I know from another forum that you've been working on this for a very long time. smile.gif
Senka
Is most of the story and dialogs already written?

Yes. But TOB-part is still translated... sad.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
Wow it sounds like so much has already been done even though TOB still needs translating. I can wait a little while!
Will you be releasing SOA first then TOB or will you be waiting until both are done and release them together?
Oh and I should re-read here in case I missed anything but I wonder if Keldorn will only romance a Good pc or if he also romance Neutral pc. Maybe can you post a brief overview section about this when you have a chance? Of course you don't have to but it would be nice to have a reference! : )
Senka
Will you be releasing SOA first then TOB or will you be waiting until both are done and release them together?

Really I just don't know. We shall see
Oh and I should re-read here in case I missed anything but I wonder if Keldorn will only romance a Good pc or if he also romance Neutral pc.

Well, romance available for good and neutral pc exept TN. And thief in any form. Concerning TN I believe TN-person don't want to get involved in Keldorn-Maria relationships
irenicus
QUOTE(Ankhesenpaaten @ Jun 5 2007, 05:22 PM) *
Wow it sounds like so much has already been done even though TOB still needs translating. I can wait a little while!
Oh and I should re-read here in case I missed anything but I wonder if Keldorn will only romance a Good pc or if he also romance Neutral pc. Maybe can you post a brief overview section about this when you have a chance? Of course you don't have to but it would be nice to have a reference! : )

what about good PCs?

lawful good, ectect (sorry had a brain aspole to the other names)

surely a good PC wouldn't try to seduce a married man, otherwise I am right down to lawful evil in 0.5 seconds blush.gif

(Obviously not in RL thumb.gif )
Hide and Seek
Good call!

I rarely play with females, but I would be willing to do it just to see the angst between Keldorn and Maria.. and the process of going from the "love of his entire life" to a Bhaalspawn, even if Keldorn perhaps is a little too old for a 20-year female PC.. but hey, it's just a game. thumb.gif
Moongaze
I'm not much for "DILF" situations myself, but I am quite curious to play this mod once it's released. I wonder how it will unfold.
irenicus
QUOTE(Hide and Seek @ Aug 9 2008, 03:16 PM) *
and the process of going from the "love of his entire life" to a Bhaalspawn,

laugh.gif LMAO XD

P.S yes

I am watching this forum like a hawke

^___^ CANNOT WAIT EEE!!!
Ankhesenpaaten
Just to keep up the encouragement.......yay! I can't wait to romance Keldorn! This is one I check on at least once a day and lots of time multiple times a day. wub.gif wub.gif
Vlad
Passion... passion... smile.gif It's not my style to discuss the project when it is till in progress and to tease people with sharing its progress. But since you are so obsessed, I think I would calm you saying that I'm planning to finish it before November, or at least to release the beta version. Anyway, don't catch me at my word. It is still strongly dependent on my RL.
Senka
think I would calm you saying that I'm planning to finish it before November, or at least to release the beta version.

Oh, Vlad, it would be the great present to my birthday! wink.gif
irenicus
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 15 2008, 10:53 AM) *
Passion... passion... smile.gif It's not my style to discuss the project when it is till in progress and to tease people with sharing its progress. But since you are so obsessed, I think I would calm you saying that I'm planning to finish it before November, or at least to release the beta version. Anyway, don't catch me at my word. It is still strongly dependent on my RL.

OH
MY
GOD
EEEe
ILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYIL
YILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILY
ILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYIL
YILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILYILY

-end fan girl squealing-

I'll behave now -sucks thumb and rocks back and fourth-
Ankhesenpaaten
QUOTE(Vlad @ Aug 15 2008, 09:53 AM) *

Heh! Thanks for caring enough about us to even give us a tentative date! I for one understand RL pressures so will understand if it takes a bit longer. Thank you for all your hard work. You too of course Senka! You both are creating probably the most intriguiging romance ever. You are making what seemed impossible possible! smile.gif
irenicus
Just a question

how far does this romance allow us to go? marriage/sex/a kiss on the cheek?

and is it long? (I am assuming perhaps due to the fact it has TOB release)

puh-leeze answer so I can again go into suttle silence of my fangirly ways happy.gif
Senka
marriage
Yes, it's planned
sex

your choice
and is it long?

To the end smile.gif
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 21 2008, 09:41 AM) *
marriage
Yes, it's planned
sex
your choice
and is it long?

To the end smile.gif

EEEE!! -squeals-
YAAAAAY

(I actually did do I fangirl scream just then which caused my parents to run into the room and they saw me crying when asked what was up I was like I GET TO ROMANCE KELDORN!!!!!)

mum: ehhh?!
dad: ...who?
brother behind them: video game character that she has plastered on her wall
mum and dad: oooooooooh -walk off-

XD I often get scenarios like that
irenicus
sooooooo

happy.gif;; progress

blush.gif

I imprissioned maria again today, it seems to heal the fangirl urges...

Yes theres a question what happens this time when she cheats on keldorn or is that a surprise I will have to wait for?
Ankhesenpaaten
QUOTE(irenicus @ Aug 26 2008, 08:34 PM) *

Yes theres a question what happens this time when she cheats on keldorn or is that a surprise I will have to wait for?

Hee hee I imprison Maria all the time! And I wonder what you are wondering too. I have to say that if it is a surprise I won't mind. It will definately be worth waiting for. biggrin.gif

But then again a few spoilers wouldn't be amiss... wub.gif
irenicus
QUOTE(Ankhesenpaaten @ Aug 27 2008, 12:25 AM) *
QUOTE(irenicus @ Aug 26 2008, 08:34 PM) *

Hee hee I imprison Maria all the time! And I wonder what you are wondering too. I have to say that if it is a surprise I won't mind. It will definately be worth waiting for. biggrin.gif

But then again a few spoilers wouldn't be amiss... wub.gif

ohmy.gif I FELLOW MARIA-HATER

we should become friends <3

XD yes spoilers

but then... the surprise will be awesome

augh X_X My head, was up all night gaming X_X and now my head wants to eat me alive sad.gif

Tell me Ankhesen,
would you rather imprission Maria to get to Keldorn <3

or let her get away with her affair to get with keldorn

personally I want her to suffer and then rub it in her face

and the girls

-evil cackle-

gawd I should tottaly be lawful-evil at times like this... I think I am certainly like, the most eccentric player, I am like "Must think of evil ways to kill people!"

I watched Dungeons and Dragons 2 last night (The Elemental Might)

I <3 the lich and damadar, their evil ways make me happy...

ok that's it I am just evil to the core XD I am lying to myself!

//random hyperness moment

you know in RL I am actually as shy as you can get XD
Ankhesenpaaten
Hmmm...personally I would want to have Maria get away with her affair and have Keldorn leave her. If she is imprisoned I fear he will feel guilty and may never be able to really move past her to love someone else.
My evil side wants her imprisoned, but my rational side wonders if that will fly with Keldorn. I don't want him feeling sorry for her.

Also I don't know if Keldorn will romance an evil pc. I hope he will at least romance a neutral one! That way I can do some good and some bad deeds.
In my last game with him I couldn't believe that just because my rep was pretty good he didn't say a word when I betrayed the silver dragon??? I was floored!

Yeah, in RL I am pretty shy too. I know just what you mean. biggrin.gif

Senka
Also I don't know if Keldorn will romance an evil pc. I hope he will at least romance a neutral one!

For good and neutral person exepting TN. Because TN character don't want to interfere
Ankhesenpaaten
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 28 2008, 05:24 PM) *
Also I don't know if Keldorn will romance an evil pc. I hope he will at least romance a neutral one!

For good and neutral person exepting TN. Because TN character don't want to interfere

That makes sense. He is a paladin after all and a TN wouldn't interfere as you said. I'm not as good at thorough knowledge of alignments as I should be but I like to play CN and CG a lot. But right now I'm trying out NE just for something a little different.

But the fact that Keldorn is almost available I think I may just be a good girl for him! blush.gif
Senka
PC-Thief havn't any chances too
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 30 2008, 12:20 PM) *
PC-Thief havn't any chances too

Oh
I usually have a fighter at lawful good is that ok?

also

wub.gif progress?
Senka

Yes. And you havn't be ugly, stupid and simple smile.gif There are some demands for stats
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 30 2008, 07:29 PM) *

Yes. And you havn't be ugly, stupid and simple smile.gif There are some demands for stats

NOOOO!!!!!!

-squeals-

I can be stupid

but lifes not worth living if I can't be beautiful - (quote from howls moving castle)

XD

SHADOW KEEPER IS TEH SMEX! wink.gif
Ankhesenpaaten
I also assume there are racial restrictions. After all if Keldorn will kill Viconia out of pure racism he probably wouldn't be wild about a half-orc or a dwarf.
But I usually play elf, human, or half-elf.

It's okay irenicus! We'll both pounce on him at the same time (the moment he is released into our eager clutches) and he'll love every moment of it!!!
irenicus
QUOTE(Ankhesenpaaten @ Aug 31 2008, 12:17 AM) *
I also assume there are racial restrictions. After all if Keldorn will kill Viconia out of pure racism he probably wouldn't be wild about a half-orc or a dwarf.

It's okay irenicus! We'll both pounce on him at the same time (the moment he is released into our eager clutches) and he'll love every moment of it!!!

you know

that COMPLETELY reminded me of the time I got a little tipsy at college and we where playing Dungeons and Dragons and I randomly said

me: My bard rapes your paladin
george: ...you can't do that
me: MY BARD RAPES YOUR PALADIN ROLL FOR IT!
george: -rolls-
me: HA! A ONE! WIN!
peter: ...you can't rape the willing my dear -pats me on the head-

XD At my college I am a midget sooo XD I get picked on a lot

but aye! I shall jumpeth upon keldorn teh moment release is in the air!!! -squeal-

I usually play an elf smile.gif

though wouldnt that cause conflict for keldorn?

its like aragon - arwen

aragon = mortal

arwen = not so mortal

that or I entirely missed the point of that film XD

but moving on ^____^;;

I can see him loving an elf, because they are fair and talented (sing, dance) and the fact she is able to fight or whatever talent she has... druidsm, barbariansm ectect

i can see an attraction

but with an ELF I can see this whole

"I love her but... i will die soon and leave her alone sad.gif"

however my mum pointed at me and yelled "GOLDDIGGA!"

to which I froze in shock and she carried on washing up

mothers have these....very....very odd habits don't you find?
Senka
Yes. I strongly doubt Keldorn will deal with other races. But Viconia... you will see... wink.gif
i will die soon and leave her alone

You will see... smile.gif
irenicus
QUOTE(Senka @ Aug 31 2008, 11:16 AM) *
Yes. I strongly doubt Keldorn will deal with other races. But Viconia... you will see... wink.gif
i will die soon and leave her alone
You will see... smile.gif

Torment is ebil sad.gif

I ban torment -sniffles-

-runs around in circles- I can't wait to play it :K

rawr
Kii
Hey, I've just got a question about the 'Keldorn won't romance a thief' thing.

I think I saw it on another forum, maybe about Ajantis or Anomen or some other paladin guy, that they wouldn't romance a thief either, and it just got me thinking; I nearly always play a thief in BG2, 'cause I can't live without the lockpicking aspect, heh, so I like defending their rights tongue.gif

So anyway, it occured to me that if Keldorn was willing to romance a Bhaalspawn, child of a God of murder, then wouldn't he be able to ignore the whole 'thieving' aspect? If not, couldn't there be someway around that, like 'I steal from the rich and give to the poor' kind of deal, or even a way for the thief to corrupt him or something (there is a side-quest in BG2 about corrupted paladins, so I know it can happen, heh.)

If not, I'm kewl with that, I was just rambling on; my real question is actually something like; "Why is it paladins don't like thieves?" Does it have something to do with the 'honor' concept? Any ideas? Cause I'm confused now.

Umm, one last thing, I'm gonna apologise about this question and let you know I'm not complaining, just curious. I'm not very fond of paladins, don't ya know... I love thieves, halflings and odities, heh.

- Kii
Senka
1. Keldorn doesn't love thieves
2. You have other thieves in BG2
3. If you not agree just will not play this mod smile.gif
jastey
Since Ajantis was mentioned, I would like to add to the "paladin romancing thief" question: Theoretically, I could imagine a PC with profession "thief" being nontheless good, giving the poor etc. Fact is, there is no way you can check that in the game, so I decided to exclude thieves completely. (Note, that Ajantis romances multi-class thieves, btw.) It's a principle thing: A paladin would walk into the the front door, even if he knows that he will be killed. He never would use the back entrance, or cheat, not even for the "good cause". So, a paladin and a thief as a couple just doesn't fit, regardless of the morals the thief might live on. Hope it makes sense.
Senka
Exactly. Thanks for support, jastey! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.