Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'm going to go crazy....
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Rhed
... if IA 4.0 isn't released soon.

I hate to be a bother, but could you give us a quick update?

It's been almost a fortnight since you stated that the testing was 80% complete.

It seems that it has been on the verge of release for months!
berelinde
He's only got a limited number of testers. Takes a while to play a game start to finish.
OTG
Especially with the excesses of Christmas and the New Year... I haven't played (no, I'm not a tester) at all for over 2 weeks
smr49
QUOTE(OTG @ Jan 6 2007, 12:25 PM) *

Especially with the excesses of Christmas and the New Year... I haven't played (no, I'm not a tester) at all for over 2 weeks

3 weeks, 3 days for me... ohmy.gif
Sikret
@Rhed

Thanks for the interest in IA and sorry for the delayed reply to this post and the ongoing delay in the mod's release. However, I believe that all of us will be happier if the mod is released after being fully tested. Moreover, we (my testers and I) have recently found more things in the original game which need to be fixed/tweaked. It's an additional cause for possible more delay of the mod's release, but the outcome will be much more satisfactory after applying all the required changes and refinements. As for an updated progress report, testing the mod is now 85% complete.

@smr49

Nice new avatar and very well-chosen expression (subtitle) ! I wish I had thought of it and had taken it myself. biggrin.gif As you see, I have none, because I have yet to find a good one. Can you suggest something? Don't send it in public though smile.gif !

I also wish to thank you for those high quality voice files you sent to me to be used in IA v4.
Rhed
Thankyou very much for the reply, Sikret. Your dedication to the community is truly admirable!
smr49
Echoing Rhed, thanks for the comments, Sikret.

I'll see what I can come up with for entertaining titles - I'll try to provide some that are not specific to countries, not just titles that Americans would get. wink.gif

I appreciate the extra quality you are putting in, even if it delays things. Nothing worse than waiting for a while, then finding out that the game you've been waiting for is buggy and cheap... ohmy.gif

Take your time - I'll be ready and waiting when it's released! cool.gif
panama
well, I couldn't wait for IA 4 anymore. The temptation to play is irresistable. So, I installed IA 3 last night and started playing. I have to say its definitely a fine mod so far and I only just finished Copper Cornet.

SLIGHT SPOILER:

Just one thing I wanted to say about beating the Beastmaster in a kind of cheesy way - just before he targets the two Insect Plague spells on you, release your familiar (if you have one) and send it in front so he will target it instead. Then before the insects reach the familiar, quickly put it back in your backpack. Insect Plague will not work anymore and it will just disappear.
Maybe Sikret can do something about this?
Sikret
@panama

Thank you very much! Yes, the exploit you mentioned had been detected and fixed for the next release of the mod. The beastmaster will cast some of his important spells only on party members.
Shaitan
Time to ressurect this thread:

I'm about to go crazy smile.gif This waitingtime between uninstalling ver 3 and waiting for the release of ver 4 really drives me mad - MAD I tell you wink.gif
Rhed
YOU ARE GUILTY OF THE MOST HEINOUS CRIME OF THREAD NECROMANCY!!!
Baronius
QUOTE(Shaitan @ Apr 12 2007, 02:53 PM) *

Time to ressurect this thread:

I'm about to go crazy smile.gif This waitingtime between uninstalling ver 3 and waiting for the release of ver 4 really drives me mad - MAD I tell you wink.gif

You waited many weeks more for the release than originally planned, now why would a day or two make any difference? grinteeth.gif Just kidding, I know it's not funny for the lots of players who are extremely excited at the moment to play this masterpiece of mod creation.

Good news: Sikret is offline, but he informed me that you can start downloading the mod after I update certain settings -- which I've done a few minutes ago, so the mod is now available! Use the usual download link, the same as v3 had. I believe he will announce the release of Improved Anvil v4 tomorrow.
maurobad2k4
Good News indeed !!
Shaitan
Yeehaaa
leonidas
QUOTE(Baronius @ Apr 12 2007, 04:25 PM) *

Good news: Sikret is offline, but he informed me that you can start downloading the mod after I update certain settings -- which I've done a few minutes ago, so the mod is now available! Use the usual download link, the same as v3 had. I believe he will announce the release of Improved Anvil v4 tomorrow.

Ah baronius, I could kiss you.
Silverstar
Yay! Rejoice! I never thought I would see the day!

Now I have downloaded the IA V 4. I guess I will have to uninstall quite a number of components from my previous mods as V 4's new enchantments are incompatible with it. Oh well, as long as I obey the installation read me it will be OK, right?

I still have to finish my BG1+ToTSC game with many mods first though. Hmm...

But thanks anyway! I love it! wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.