Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Male voice actor needed
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Sikret
A (native English speaker) male voice actor is needed. If anyone is interested and has good recording devices, I'll appreciate if he sends me a PM.
Magnus_025
I would like to help, but being spanish is difficult to speak with an adecuate accent. Appart from a rudimentary speaker I don't have other way to record voices, but if you are interested just tell me, I would like to help you with anything you need, you are my hero!!!
Sikret
Thank you very much for the kind words, Magnus!
ManAtWork
I would very much like to offer my service as actor of voice. I have attached a sample in this post.

I look forward to hearing from you, Silkret. You are my hero too!

/// Grigory
Baronius
As a side note, Audacity can remove (or at least greatly decrease) unwanted noises. This helps those who can't do too professional recording, as far as noises are concerned. (But of course some basic quality is needed. I think Grigory's mp3 definitely meets this requirement, but Sikret knows what other features he needs.)
Sikret
Dear Grigory,

Thanks for the time you spent on recording that sample file and thanks for the kind words too.

Any time in the furture I need a non-native English voice for a character, I will surely benefit from your help (though as Baronius mentioned, the noise in your recorded file is a bit too much, but it's a problem which can be solved and amended). But this time, I'm looking for a native English speaker's voice. It's my fault; I should have mentioned this point in my initial post.

Cheers

smr49
I think that someone like Borat very much!

Great success!
ManAtWork
Okay, I will try improve the quality of sound, but maybe you can give me some feedbacks on my delivery of lines?

SMR:: I find this "Boratt" offensiv to my firend in Kazakhstan.

///Ягшемаш
smr49
If an homage was not your intent, then I apologize.

On a helpful note, Audacity is a free program (mentioned by Baronius), and it's very easy to learn - you can grab a copy at:

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
Baronius
And there are simple "tricks", especially if you don't use too professional recording device. Don't put your mouth too close to the microphone -- the further, the better (provided it doesn't decrease the volume in an unacceptable rate). Minimize your breath while talking. Don't stress certain consonents too much. Evident things, but beginners forget them easily.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.