Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Downloads at DragonsHoard down -alternate location?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
kilolima2
Hi,

Are there alternate places to download IA? I am very keen to try the new tactical challenges. Thanks,

Kilolima
Sikret
Welcome to BWL and thanks for the interest in Improved Anvil. Dragon's Hoard Download Center (DHDC) will be available again very soon. The new version of the mod is passing its testing stage. I recommend that you wait for IA v4.0.
kilolima2
Thanks for the reply!

OK, I will wait...

I read through the faq and readmes and the posts here... will the next version allow use of any components from the BG2 fixpack? (I haven't actually used the fixpack but thought I would try it out in my next game as well)

Thanks!

kilolima
Sikret
BG2 Fixpack is not recommended. You can try it with IA on your own risk if you want, but I strongly recommend against doing such a thing. Install Baldurdash TOB Fixpack v1.12 if you want to play Improved Anvil.
K'aeloree
Er, why would you discourage users from using the BG2 Fixpack? Which parts conflict? I have read through the Fixpack thread here, and I still don't fully understand why you would discourage users from using the Fixpack based upon your own opinion. It's like I don't particularly like using, say, Quest Pack, because it adds an encounter I don't like (entirely untrue, of course, but for the sake of the argument-). So then I tell people they shouldn't use the Quest Pack. I don't quite see how this is really helpful to players - Fixpack fixes a lot of issues that Baldurdash doesn't, from what I recall.

Sorry to deviate from the original topic, but I'm genuinely confused here. Thank you for taking the time!
Sikret
See this post. You have misunderstood my point. The point is not whether I like or do not like the changes the fixpack applies to the game. The main point is that a fixpack should only contain "fixes". It should not apply arbitrary "tweaks" (which are not even optional) and then call them "fixes"! More reasons for why I do not recommend the fixpack can be found in the post I linked to.

And yes, I and several other people have informed CamDawg and the fixpack team of these unwelcome aspects of the fixpack, but they insist on their position. It's their right to make their mod as they wish. Not recommending their fixpack is our right too.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.