Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another loophole to close
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
OTG
My party was clearing the illithid lair in the sewers, having killed most of the creatures in there (the improved adventurers were tough) and just having the alhoon's room left. As is my standard mind-flayer tactic, I was drawing them out one by one down the corridor into a room ringed by characters with ranged weapons. Got down to just one ullitharid and the alhoon himself... couldn't draw out the ullitharid without the alhoon sad.gif Anyhow, after quite a few attempts, thought I'd try something cheeky. I moved my entire party to the entrance of the illithid lair, then had my PC wearing boots of speed and under the influence of a haste spell before running him all the way to the alhoon's room, grabbing all of the loot from the well and then running all the way back to the entrance, where the entire party then left carrying all the loot.

Can it be fixed so either:
a. the party can't leave the area until the alhoon's dead
b. the loot isn't spawned until the alhoon's dead

I went back to an earlier save game, in the Planar Prison, to try a similar thing. Got the warden to chase my PC along the top and down the right hand side of the area while the rest of the party hid in the bottom left corner. As the warden got further and further behind (boots of speed + haste spell again) he stopped chasing. My PC then completed the circuit and ran across the two traps to speak to Raelis. Before the traps took effect, the cut-scene started, the entire party left the area. Of course, didn't get the warden's loot by doing that (or the lovely surprise). Is is possible to code the area so that the cut-scene won't start until the party has the prison key from the warden?
Sikret
Thank you very much for the report of the possible exploit in the Illithid Hideout. I'll take care of it.

As for the Planar Prison, I think that perhaps losing the Warden's loot is an adequate compensation/punishment for the cheesy running method.

OTG
Just tested, and it's possible to grab the sword and shield from Strohm's tomb and get out before Samia speaks using the haste / boots of speed trick.
Shaitan
Why not kill the Boots of Speed?
Sikret
Oil of Speed or Haste spell will do the same thing; removing the boots of speed from the game is not a solution.

As for Samia's party, I think it is similar to the warden's case: Running out with the tomb's sword and shield only means no treasure from Samia's party. If a player is ready to ignore their loot, I have no problem with his/her running.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.