Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NPCs
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
methusalar
Are there any NPCs that you particularly recommend taking along to get the most out of IA? Does Cernd actually have extra content or is it just his kit that's changed?

Along similar lines, are there any other mods that you would recommend installing as well (beyond those mentioned in the readme) - I'm thinking along the lines of specific components from tactics etc? Does the mod link in with any modded NPCs?

Many thanks in advance for what seems to be an awesome mod - very excited about my first run through and just waiting for v4.0 to get going.
smr49
I've run through with Cernd as an Auramaster, and he is a lot of fun now. Very quick spell build up, and the added spells in his repertoire REALLY help a lot with the new battles. Also, there is a certain Druid potion in IA that addresses a game mechanic issue with Druids and their XP cap -- it was one of the best things about IA to me, though that's because I love playing Druid characters.

Jan has a pair of very nice upgrades, and Haer Dalis has a pair of upgrades that make him a viable front line fighter. Plus, those two have some of the best voicing - only Minsc would compare in sheer entertainment value. biggrin.gif
Sikret
Valygar is also recommended. Beside his personal items' upgrades (which are the best item upgrades among NPC specific items), there is one specific feature of the mod (namely, 'New friend at your cabin') which depends on having Valygar in the party to some extent. This particular feature of the mod is primarily designed for ranger protagonists; but once IA v4.0 is released, it will also work for you if you have Valygar in the party even without a ranger protagonist (though, you will need to have a non-evil protagonist and shouldn't have kicked out Valygar even once if you want this feature to work.)

smr49
I had a ranger PC, and can earnestly say that the "friend" at the cabin is a true friend indeed! Nice work, Sikret! laugh.gif
Sikret
QUOTE(Sikret @ Nov 6 2006, 07:48 PM) *
there is one specific feature of the mod (namely, 'New friend at your cabin') which depends on having Valygar in the party to some extent. This particular feature of the mod is primarily designed for ranger protagonists; but once IA v4.0 is released, it will also work for you if you have Valygar in the party even without a ranger protagonist (though, you will need to have a non-evil protagonist and shouldn't have kicked out Valygar even once if you want this feature to work.)

I think I will undo the dependence of this feature of the mod on Valygar's presence. I have some new reasons to believe that it's better to keep "New friend at your cabin" component of the mod exclusively for ranger protagonists (as a part of the expaned ranger stronghold).

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.