Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Grandfather of Assassins not useable by F/T?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
smr49
I just finished the 1st round with Bohdi, and went to Cromwell's with my PS and MoE, eager to upgrade something. I upgraded my thief's dagger to the Guildmaster's Dream, and then pondered where to use the Perm. Scroll. I went for the Grandfather of the Assassins, but when I gave it to my thief (he was a Kensai that dualled to a Thief), it was greyed out and he could not equip it.

I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do with that blade, Kai ability, and a strength potion. Did you intentionally make it for a pure thief, or can this be corrected? huh.gif

Many thanks,

- Steve
Sikret
It was intentional at the time I designed the item, but now I have no objection to make the dagger usable by all sorts of thieves. I will extend its usablity scope (to fulfil your request) in the next release of the mod.

smr49
Cool - I will let you know what my best backstab is... happy.gif

Thanks for the upcoming change.
Romulas
I know that it would be much later in the game, but when your thief gets the HLA ability "use any item" you can use the dagger then so its not a total loss. But on another note, the greatest effect for the dagger will be with an assassin, my second party I am using adario (comes with darkest day mod). I can hardly wait till I get the dagger for him and see what the max damage is.

Romulas
smr49
Good point - I wasn't thinking ahead to the HLAs...

I just used SK to change his kit to a pure thief, but keep his proficiencies. That worked enough to equip it immediately.

Shortly after doing that, my 9 yr old son wanted me to roll up a char for him and then watch me play it, so I haven't had much time to go back to that group. He wanted an elven bounty hunter, despite my suggestion that a halfing might be better. I suggested an elven archer, but he wanted someone who could set traps.

Kids.... rolleyes.gif
Romulas
Yeah, my younger boys have been nipping at my heels to teach them how to play baldurs gate 2, but that would me I would have to share, I don't know about that <evil grin>.

Romulas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.