Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incompatibility
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Improved Anvil
Shaitan
Hi Sikret!

I found the incompatibility I've run into installing IA and as you found out it had to stem from Nalias Keep.

S. Restored Minor Dialogs

This component restores some rather minor dialog in the game. Included are the feral halflings in the Planar Sphere and Anomen's commenting on Ajantis' death. And a few other things - a fix meaning Charming Glaicas should always work, being able to give Simyaz back the Silver Sword in the Underdark, and one of Imoen's unassigned scripts.
was the part giving IA3 troubles. Perhaps you've allready implemented these corrections into IA3 but you might do something about this and/or mentioning it in the next readme.

Regards
Sikret
Thanks for the report, Shaitan!

I'll add it to the list of incompatibilities in the next readme.

berelinde
That particular component is incompatible with at least one other mod in my routine install, which is probably why I never noticed it: I don't install that component. Unfortunately, I no longer remember which one.
Anomaly
QUOTE(berelinde @ Sep 27 2006, 05:18 PM) *

That particular component is incompatible with at least one other mod in my routine install, which is probably why I never noticed it: I don't install that component. Unfortunately, I no longer remember which one.

BG2 FixPack, probably.
Sikret
Has anyone using Baldurdash experienced the same problem with UB and IA?

Bg2 fixpack is independently incompatible with that particular component of UB. So, the whole problem may be caused by those two mods.

As I have said before, I do not support installations of IA with BG2 fixpack. My recommended fixpack is Baldurdash. Now, we have a case in which I'm not sure if the incompatibility in question would have existed if you had used baldurdash or not.

The case will remain open and pending till someone using baldurdash reports something about the metioned component of UB and its probable (though not certain) incompatibility with IA. As I said the whole case, may be a conflict between UB and Bg2 fixpack. We have yet to see if those who use baldurdash experience the same problem or not.

berelinde
Shaitan, which fixpack are you using? If you're using G3 BG2 Fix, that might be it. If you're using BD112, it has to be something else.

Edit: Oh, wait. You said you encountered the problem *installing* IA, as opposed to playing the game. That does rather suggest an incompatibility. If you uninstall "Restore Minor Dialogs," does IA installation go without a hitch?
Sikret
Shaitan is using BG2 fixpack.

I need a feedback from a player who uses Baldurdash to be certain that IA is incomaptible with that component of UB.

smr49
*sheepishly raises hand*

What mod is "UB"?

I use non-WEIDU Baldurdash, so if I can help, I's sure like to. smile.gif
Shaitan
QUOTE(berelinde @ Sep 27 2006, 11:26 PM) *

Shaitan, which fixpack are you using? If you're using G3 BG2 Fix, that might be it. If you're using BD112, it has to be something else.

Edit: Oh, wait. You said you encountered the problem *installing* IA, as opposed to playing the game. That does rather suggest an incompatibility. If you uninstall "Restore Minor Dialogs," does IA installation go without a hitch?

I had no troubles after uninstalling "Restore Minor Dialogs" thats correct.

UB is as the subject indicates "PPGs Unfinished Business"
jastey
smr49: Look here for more IE-modding acronyms:
http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php/topic,17604.0.html smile.gif
seanas
this is a problem caused by the interaction between the BG2 Fixpack and UB's minor dialogues component. the error is in UB's coding; it's only turning up because the Fixpack is correcting the bug before UB comes along and breaks it again. more discussion on G3 and PPG.

for the rest of us modders, it means that any mod that patches AR1303.bcs will fail in the install procedure if the user has already installed both the Fixpack and the Minor Dialogues component of UB. as the bug is actually in UB's coding, the solution is to not install UB's Minor Dialogues component, until such time as a new version, with this bug fixed, is released.
Sikret
Thank you, smr49!

I don't think that any particular test is needed. The problem seems to be an independent problem of UB with BG2 fixpack. It has nothing to do with IA (and specially it's not a problem for those who use the recommended Baldurdash fixpack).

smr49
QUOTE(Shaitan @ Sep 28 2006, 01:44 AM) *

...UB is as the subject indicates "PPGs Unfinished Business"

D'oh! Sorry about that -- I really should have remembered that subject line.

Jastey - thanks for the link. Why would Charles Nelson Reilly merit mention in those acronyms? unsure.gif Good stuff...

Sikret - thanks for the clarification.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.