Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Quest Mod - POF
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > The Gathering Hall
BGslayer
I'm making a new Quest mod for SoA... For any informations you want please come on this forum and enter questions and suggestions, there you will find first screens and FEATURES... PoF mod forum
jastey
Sorry, I don't even know what to click to confirm that I am older than 13 to go on with registration there..

This is an impressive large-scale mod. May I ask how much is already done?
I was always dreaming of introducing Waterdeep into BGII myself; not only because it's an impressive big city but also because it's the hometown of Ajantis (Whom I currently mod for BGII). How did you plan on introducing Waterdeep, do you create the city maps from the D&D information, which city parts do you include etc.?

How will the quests and new areas be accessible (dependent on chapter or otherwise)?
BGslayer
QUOTE(jastey @ Aug 7 2006, 11:14 AM) *

Sorry, I don't even know what to click to confirm that I am older than 13 to go on with registration there..

This is an impressive large-scale mod. May I ask how much is already done?
I was always dreaming of introducing Waterdeep into BGII myself; not only because it's an impressive big city but also because it's the hometown of Ajantis (Whom I currently mod for BGII). How did you plan on introducing Waterdeep, do you create the city maps from the D&D information, which city parts do you include etc.?

How will the quests and new areas be accessible (dependent on chapter or otherwise)?

more then half of the mod is already done...
Right now, I want to make Waterdeep city - I'm making it completely new... But I have no ideas, how could Waterdeep look like... I want to make TWO DISTRICTS (parts). If you have any ideas how could it look like - write it here... Thanks, any other questions are welcomed
jastey
There are lots of information about Waterdeep, also available on the internet. My principle is: If there is canon information it should be used (creating a completely new city and calling it "Waterdeep" would not be appropriate, in my eyes). I know that this is only my principle which doesn't have to apply to everybody, and I know that BioWare didn't stick to it themselves when creating Athkatla.

I'll send you a PM.
Jab
1) Souhlasím s těmito podmínkami a je mi více než 13 let. = I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age
2) Uživatel = Username
3) Heslo = Password
4) Potvrzení hesla = Confirm password
5) Ověřovací kód = Security Code Confirmation
6) In Profile, you can change language (Jazyk fóra) to english.
Have Fun. ;-)

P.S. You must also confirm your registration through e-mail address.
Sir-Kill
your screenshots were not loading well. you might want to try loading some of those screens to Image Shack or another image loading service.
Jab
I've created new english forum for this mod: http://forum.sigil.cz/viewforum.php?f=29
I will upload also all of the screenshots on our site

Edit: Here they are: http://forum.sigil.cz/viewtopic.php?t=2101 smile.gif
Jab
Fixed...
jastey
QUOTE(Jab @ Aug 7 2006, 01:36 PM) *

1) Souhlasím s těmito podmínkami a je mi více než 13 let. = I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age
2) Uživatel = Username
3) Heslo = Password
4) Potvrzení hesla = Confirm password
5) Ověřovací kód = Security Code Confirmation
6) In Profile, you can change language (Jazyk fóra) to english.
Have Fun. ;-)

P.S. You must also confirm your registration through e-mail address.

Thanks Jab! biggrin.gif
BGslayer
I have still no Idea, how to do the Waterdeep city.. I don't want to make it all, just two parts...
BGslayer
Now I have gathered all the informations about Waterdeep I needed and I'm sturting with the city graphic - I will send you pictures, if you have still any ideas, please write it here or send me PM...
jastey
I'm looking foreward to seeing your graphics.
As Waterdeep is very huge, which Wards did you decide to make accessible?
BGslayer
Two Wards, later maybe three: Castle Ward, Dock Ward and maybe later Trades Ward
Sir-Kill
I pasted together the WotSC map peices. heh huge indeed.
BGslayer
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Aug 8 2006, 12:14 PM) *

I pasted together the WotSC map peices. heh huge indeed.

Thank you...
BGslayer
So, I'm almost finished with the first part of Waterdeep (Castle Ward)
I tried to do it like the original city with the same buidilnings....
jastey
It looks a bit "empty" between the big buildings, if you know what I mean. Maybe it would be possible to put some more houses in between.
BGslayer
Yes, I know, I said that I'm almost finished, not finished... I just wanted to show you how it will look like... smile.gif
Vlad
It looks like an exhibition of BG1 architecture. biggrin.gif
Sir-Kill
The GUI looks real good
The areas however could use some improving:
ProjectsP3 in particular there are shadows running in at least 2 different directions. I'd suggest that you cut those associated with the thieves’ guild maybe even lighten the walls that are shadowed as well. Shadowing can be tricky and a huge pain.
You have grass borders that end abruptly or just look flat, meaning that there is no illusion of differentiating elevations between the pavement/cobblestones and the grass. Suggestion, since the grass in real life is usually higher that the sidewalks I highlight the edge of the grass slightly (next to any pavement) and darken the stonework a bit near the edge of the grass.
I also think that some of you compositions are real good.
It is good to see more people making areas. keep on keeping on smile.gif
BGslayer
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Aug 10 2006, 03:11 PM) *

The GUI looks real good
The areas however could use some improving:
ProjectsP3 in particular there are shadows running in at least 2 different directions. I'd suggest that you cut those associated with the thieves’ guild maybe even lighten the walls that are shadowed as well. Shadowing can be tricky and a huge pain.
You have grass borders that end abruptly or just look flat, meaning that there is no illusion of differentiating elevations between the pavement/cobblestones and the grass. Suggestion, since the grass in real life is usually higher that the sidewalks I highlight the edge of the grass slightly (next to any pavement) and darken the stonework a bit near the edge of the grass.
I also think that some of you compositions are real good.
It is good to see more people making areas. keep on keeping on smile.gif

Thanks Sir-Kill, I know that the areas are not better then the Bioware's areas...
But it's always better to have new areas in a new mod, than just copying it... I see what you mean with area (P3), I will correct it, I forgot to change it smile.gif
I will imrpove all the new areas, before releasing the mod.. But I'm no top graphic designer and I do what I can... Our mod is very big and very hard to finish - we are improving many things (new animations, many new types of weapons, kits, subraces, new sounds, many new quest, City quests..) smile.gif
Sir-Kill
Sorry, if you are like me, I hate to hear criticism too when it first comes out but I learn from it, we all start somewhere. smile.gif
as far as having a large mod WTP is no small mod either so I know what you are talking about. However you should not rush something just to get it out there.
The ares do not need to be better than biowares (a tricky thing to do, they are great artists).
if you ever need any tips, suggestions, or have concerns reguarding graphics. Ill be glad to offer my help and others might help too there is a lot of experence in CG here.
BGslayer
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Aug 10 2006, 03:37 PM) *

Sorry, if you are like me, I hate to hear criticism too when it first comes out but I learn from it, we all start somewhere. smile.gif
as far as having a large mod WTP is no small mod either so I know what you are talking about. However you should not rush something just to get it out there.
The ares do not need to be better than biowares (a tricky thing to do, they are great artists).
if you ever need any tips, suggestions, or have concerns reguarding graphics. Ill be glad to offer my help and others might help too there is a lot of experence in CG here.

Ok, so I need help of someone, who can check all the areas I make (I made few areas - 5-6), and can tell me, where should I improve it or where should I delete something... smile.gif

Thank you Sir-Kill
Sir-Kill
yeah if you want to post/pm me some links to the full images or I can try to work off the smaller ones but that can be tough.

BTW you do work with layers right?
also what image editor are you using (psp,ph,ect.)?
yarpen
But Slayer - one thing. You should paint there more grass! smile.gif
BGslayer
yarpen, do you mean to Waterdeep? If so,I have already done that... smile.gif
BGslayer
A new website has been created for PoF mod - visit the site on this link - http://pof.sigil.cz/en

You will find there all needed informations, screens, contacts and news about the Paladins of Faerun mod.

Thanks to MCZ and Drake127 for creating the PoF website.
Thanks to Sigil. www.sigil.cz
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.