Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Equipped Weapons in Halruaa?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Golden Thief
Vlad,
I have dual weld character and forgot to remove my left hand weapon and they haven't caught me yet so I put a weapon in everyone's left hand. We are talking to everyone. laugh.gif
Vlad
Congratulations! You discovered another BioWare's bug. Check for weapon equipped doesn't work for the second hand!? biggrin.gif
horred the plague
HasItemSlot(LastSeenBy(Myself),SLOT_SHIELD) wink.gif
Vlad
Well, it's okay, but Leina wears a lyre in her second hand. It's definitely not a weapon. wink.gif
horred the plague
!Name(LastSeenBy(Myself),"Leina")---that is her scripting name (DV)?

or

!HasItemEquiped(LastSeenBy(Myself),"[the lyre]")

If you don't mind the loophole, then all is well. Just trying to provide you some functional workarounds, if they are desired.
Vlad
Thanks Bill, sure it's possible to find some workarounds, if they are really desired.
But please agree that it's a bug because a function which check weapons equipped should equally works for both hands.
horred the plague
Fully agreed. wink.gif

And added to the list of dozens of similar limitations/inconsistencies. Sometimes I'm amazed that this game actually worked at all! laugh.gif

It's simply not in my nature to easily accept limitations and boundaries. I always try to believe "there has to be another way..." smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.