Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crash!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
NightLife
The problem is just like the name suggests, the game crashes when I try to have Hrothgar join to party for the expidition. Also as a lesser note the Priestess os Tempus won't join the party as H-gar's dialog says she will. Any ideas?
Vlad
Possible reasons:

1. You didn't install the NeJ2 mod and/or its patch correctly.

2. You installed mods, which are incompatible with NeJ2.

3. You installed older version of NeJ, which is outdated.

Please before claiming here that your game crashes, check your installation, read the ReadMe and other posts here to be sure that it is really a technical issue, which has not been dealt before. I spent too much time before on debugging problems which have arisen just from wrong installation or misusing the mod. I'm not going to do this in future. I know for 100% that NeJ2 is very stable and the problems you reported here do not exist if the mod is installed correctly.

For your information:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1341

P.S. After reading the referenced topic, and following my instructions there, please post your WeiDU.log here. (Thank you.)
NightLife
I installed the game exactly as the readme instructed. The install was
SOA+TOB, patch, NEJ, then NEJ Patch all not using WeiDU. There was no mention of needing TD in the readme. Is it necessary or will removing the TS from the install correct things? Now two things: 1. Why would I know the leaving Easthaven topic related to my problem 2. I never said the mod was buggy I simply asked a question. Maybe crash was the wrong word. Below is the WeiDU log as requested

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // Component Name
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 1
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #1 // Continuous and Custom Kit Imoen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #3 // Boo - Minsc‘s Familiar
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #4 // Improved Nymph (Woodland Being) Script by Goeran Rimen
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #5 // Restored Twisted Rune Quest
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #6 // Dual Wielding Fix for Rogues by aVENGER
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #7 // Never Ending Journey v4.2 - Part 2
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #8 // Melora NPC - Chaotic-Neutral Halfling Swashbuckler
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #9 // Leina NPC - True-Neutral Half-Elf Bard Of Melody
~SETUP-NEJ2.TP2~ #0 #10 // Areas & Sounds
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #0 // Never Ending Journey v6.02 (cummulative patch)
~SETUP-NEJ2V602.TP2~ #0 #2 // Animations Compatibility Fix for "Tortured Souls"
Vlad
Thank you NightLife for clarification. Could you please post the whole WeiDU.log? If you don't install TS, why did you install the TS compatibility patch by the way?
As the mods are community custom modifications to the original game which are under continuous development, it is by default that before installation of the mod players visit the community forums and browse the relevant forum boards.

Did deletion of the two .SPL files solve your problem?
NightLife
Well to clairfy I just let it install everthing except for the Imoen portrait. I didn't dig the new one too much. The removal of the two files did fix the problem. I would also mention that I'm completely new to using mods. I haven't played BG2 since teambg went down.
horred the plague
Vlad,

A little blurb from Setup-BPv174.tp2 you may (may not?) find useful:

CODE

PRINT ~Patching all the existing innate spells, setting level to one.....~

COPY_EXISTING_REGEXP GLOB ~.*\.spl~ ~override~
 READ_SHORT 0x1c spell_type
 PATCH_IF (%spell_type% = 4) BEGIN
   READ_LONG 0x34 spell_level
   PATCH_IF (%spell_level% =0) BEGIN
     WRITE_LONG 0x34 ~1~
   END
   PATCH_IF (%spell_level% > 1) BEGIN
     WRITE_LONG 0x34 ~1~
   END
 END
BUT_ONLY_IF_IT_CHANGES

Eliminates this issue from all spells in-game, not just those two. wink.gif
Vlad
Thanks Bill, I'll add it to v6.5. smile.gif

I would also mention that I'm completely new to using mods.

NightLife, then WELCOME! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.