Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TotSC AR0514.ARE not readable
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Baronius
Durlag Tower's deepest level (the place where you can reach the Death Knight's lair) is not readable.
Error: cannot read data, data/AREA050D.bif not found.

I encountered this problem some month ago but I didn't care of it. Now I met it again.
I have BG1,TotSC with final patch.
SConrad
You're trying to open it with *insert tool here*?

Anyway, I suggest a re-install.
Echon
You are trying to open AR0516, right? It works for me.

-Echon
Baronius
No, AR0514, the deepest level of Durlag's Tower (you can reach the Deathknight's lair from here)

SConrad, I tried it with DLTCEP and NI.
Sir-Kill
what do you need, I could send you a new area and you can override it, if thats what is what you want
SConrad
Uninstall and a reinstall. I've you've got one corrupt area, you might have another. Overwriting the area won't take the problem away, just temporary fix it.

Reinstall.
Baronius
My BG needs reinstall soon anyway. It's full of mod development 'trash'.

Although I think that the area can be corrupt because I might have accidently edited it some time, so it's not likely that I've many other bad areas.

I'll reinstall BG soon. Sir-Kill, you could send me AR0514.ARE though, thank you. Temporarily. (Heh, this install of BG has been working properly for a long time)
SConrad
I reinstall BG once every two weeks. Imagine all the mod-junk I have... sad.gif
Baronius
Mainly due to the mods that you beta-test?
Echon
QUOTE(SConrad @ Sep 1 2004, 06:58 PM)
I reinstall BG once every two weeks. Imagine all the mod-junk I have... sad.gif

If you take backups or use multiple installs, there is no need for this.

-Echon
SConrad
QUOTE(Baronius @ Sep 1 2004, 07:02 PM)
Mainly due to the mods that you beta-test?

Yeh, and when I compatibility test.

If you take backups or use multiple installs, there is no need for this.

I know. It's a bit hard with 7 GB HDD. sad.gif

(Yes, I'm getting a new computer...)
Baronius
I've just reinstalled BG and TotSC. Then I've installed the patches as usual (BGTalesDX8Intl.exe -- the DirectX patch, and bgtosc_intl_1.3.5521.exe -- the international patch).

And AR0514.ARE is still unreadable! (I've original BG, and Tales of the Sword Coast. So I don't have Original Saga)
Rabain
I have attached the all the extracted area files for this area and attached them here, except the tis which is 23mb.

If it still doesn't work i can tispack the tis file and upload it to the FTP space.

If that doesn't work then your PC just doesn't like AR0514!

Did you install BG on a partition, i installed on a partition and it wouldn't read a lot of the biffs. Likewise IETME wouldn't recognise the chitin.key file.

So i reinstalled on my c: drive and everything is fine now!
Baronius
My local harddrive is too small, and yeah I don't have enough space on C: so I have BG on drive D: -- maybe this is the error.

DLTCEP can't read data, and Near Infinity also says this: "data/AREA050D.bif not found"
Thanks for the area (will download and try it soon), Sir-Kill also gave it to me some weeks ago but I lost the file unfortunately and didn't want to disturb him again with it...
igi
I have all the IE games on a partition, and they all work fine for me.
Rabain
I have all the IE games on a partition, and they all work fine for me.

I wish it worked for me as my C: drive is pretty much crammed with IE games right now!

The same thing happened to me with PST, i could play the game fine off the partition but none of the modding tools where happy with the location!

I'm afraid i don't know too much about the way partitions work or the way the Tools handle them to say why it was this way, it just was!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.