Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Innate abilities
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
aigleborgne
Hello,

Is it possible to properly use the innate abilities of a npc (out of the party of course).

I have a level 8 berserker with 2 enrages in innate slot.
I have that block in my script:

IF
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("ja#cast","LOCALS")
!GlobalTimerNotExpired("ja#berserkerrage","LOCALS")
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobalTimer("ja#cast","LOCALS",6)
DisplayString(Myself,84763) // Contingency Released
SetGlobalTimer("ja#berserkerrage","LOCALS",120)
Spell(Myself,BERSERKER_RAGE)
END

(String only for debug and test)
the block is executed, but the rage doesn't occur (neither was my condition HaveSPell(BERSERKER_RAGE))

It seems that innates can't be manipulate like spells.
I can only use it with forcespell, but then, I can't count spells (uness I use some variables and level tests)
Vlasák
Hmm, that's quite strange - innates should be handled via Spell action without problems.

Is the spell assigned to your character really that one which is mapped to BERSERKER_RAGE in spell.ids? Isn't it a spell created by you and renamed to something else?

Just curiosity idea - misplacing with BARBARIAN_RAGE isn't possible? wink.gif

Forcespell casts the spell even though the character hasn't it memorized so the fact the the casting is working via forcespell tells about our problem almost nothing.
aigleborgne
This is how I did my tests:

I edit a level 7 fighter dual to cleric level 8, give him berserker kit, save

load game, clua the fighter, then he joined my party to see the innates.
he got 2 rages, as he should have.

the rage were exactly the right one.

now, I clua again, no party's join this time, I wait.
he first buffed himself with cleric spells, then he tried to enrage, but nothing happen.
Vlasák
And can you cast rage with your f/c manually?

Silly idea, but try to use res actions/triggers:

HaveSpellRES("spclXYZ")
SpellRES("spclXYZ",Myself)

Strange... blink.gif Innates should work as normal spells (spell() action)... lay of hands, bhaal abilities etc. always work this way... blink.gif
aigleborgne
I've tried SpellRes , but it doesn't work either.

I've tried another kit (priest of lathander), not working

in fact, nothing works.

Now, I suspect it's something about tp2 patching.
I've just set the kit, nothing else

I had some problems with wizard slayers, not having cumulative effect (no effect at all in fact)

But when he joined my party, his effects were working. Strange?

I guess kit's abilities are set when the npc joined the party, it would make sense.
Galactygon
There might be 2 problems with your script:

1.) Is the spell level of your innate set to 1? Innate abilities don't work unless their levels are set to 1 or 0. Since you are using an existing spell, I don't think this is the problem.
2.) You have to have the spell/innate "memorized" in order for the actions Spell() or SpellRES() to work. You could alternatively use SpellNoDec() or SpellNoDecRES() instead, which don't require you to have the spell/innate "memorized". Check the IESDP for more information. I am guessing this one is your problem, since when giving out kits to NPCs, you have to manually apply give any abilities/immunities to your NPC.

-Galactygon
aigleborgne
QUOTE(Galactygon @ Dec 28 2005, 11:14 PM)
There might be 2 problems with your script:

1.) Is the spell level of your innate set to 1? Innate abilities don't work unless their levels are set to 1 or 0. Since you are using an existing spell, I don't think this is the problem.
2.) You have to have the spell/innate "memorized" in order for the actions Spell() or SpellRES() to work. You could alternatively use SpellNoDec() or SpellNoDecRES() instead, which don't require you to have the spell/innate "memorized". Check the IESDP for more information. I am guessing this one is your problem, since when giving out kits to NPCs, you have to manually apply give any abilities/immunities to your NPC.

-Galactygon

So that's it: I have to manually apply immunities and abilities. I will try this so smile.gif
Thanks for help
Galactygon
Note that once an NPC joins the party, (s)he is given all the immunities/abilities of the kit, so if you manually give all of the immunities/abilities, the NPC will be given those immunities/abilities twice (once upon joining, and once when you manually adjust their stats).

I don't remember whether the above statement is true or not, so you might need to confirm it.

-Galactygon
aigleborgne
Yes, there will get them twice, but I do it for non-joinable NPC smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.