Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kit Wizard Slayer bug?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
aigleborgne
Hello,

I'm closely looking at kits for my mod.

I read somewhere that wizard slayers should receive 2% magic resistance per level, which seems logical (1% is somewhat useless)

But about their special hit, ingame kit description:
"for each successful hit on an opponent, 10% cumulative spell faillure is applied"

I have made many tests and these are my conclusions: (by looking into the spl/eff too):
- only melee hit apply the effect (ranged should do it also, but it doesn't)
- it's not 10%, but 25%
Avenger_teambg
It is possible to fix the ranged effect, there is an opcode for it. Well, guess you knew it as you checked the spl. I just mention it for others who fancy creating a fixpack smile.gif
aigleborgne
Don't forgot also to replace 25% by 10%.

But in reality, I have made a fix in my tp2 mod
aigleborgne
Well, I've finished my own mod on wizard slayer kit.

Originally, you receive:
- 1% magic resistance per level
- 25% cumulative casting faillure on melee hit (each 25% has a duration of 30 seconds)

My mod give:
- 2% magic resistance per level
- 25% cumulative casting faillure on melee and range hit (each 25% has a duration of 30 seconds)

I have tried to set it to 10% (as in kit description) for a 60 seconds duration. But it was crap. I mean, by the time the WS hit 5-6 times a caster, he should be dead or near death.
Actual numbers are fine.
Salk
aigleborgne,

good job on that...I wouldn't think that 10% would be so bad though because think of a situation where a wizard has Stoneskin or other protective spells that reduce damage considerably. In that case, the Wizard Slayer would keep on hitting the wizard without really killing him but at least he would raise the chance that the wizard will miscast his spell...

What sounds bad is the 60 seconds duration...It should be way much longer than that gamewise or else it's possible that the effect of the first strike finishes just when you're going to make it higher with another blow...60 seconds is too little...It should be somehow 10 times longer....
Seifer
Has this been released yet, as a few RPG mods alter the Wizard Slayer kit and i'd need to add compatibility checks for anything I'm working on.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.