Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Questions on IEEP for Item Making
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
CrisyBear
Hey guys,

Thanks to you guys, I am now making my own items and this is a lot of fun! But while I was making one item, I had some trouble with actualizing following effect on my gauntlet.

The gauntlet can once a day fire a missile, with 3D10 fire dam, 2D5 slashing dam, and so on (there are 4 random/fixed damage extension head total). Well, the thing was, I made the effect on target, but when I shoot in the close range, it damages everyone in the area, including myself. I am wondering how I could make the damage only exclusive to the character I aimed the ability.

Thanks!
Sikret
Have you tried to set the target value at "pre-target"? If no, then this is the cause. Set it at "pre-target".

But if you have already tried this and the problem persists, some other cause may still be discovered. Let me know if setting target value at "pre-target" doesn't solve the problem.
CrisyBear
Under extension head item effect, all the damage codes are already pre-target. I really don't know what is the thing sad.gif
Sikret
With what sort of Animation/graphic does your gauntlet fire missiles? If you have chosen to fire missiles using the graphic of arrows of detonation, then I guess this is the cause. Click on "use graphic" button under the extension head and see what sort of graphic you have chosen for the missiles.

Let me know if changing the graphic used for the missiles doesn't solve the problem.
CrisyBear
Oh...that is what it was. I was using fireball for graphic, and it was effecting the whole area.

Hmm...is there some way I could still use fireball without having an area effect like that? (And BTW, why is it doing that? I thought graphic effect was really only for graphic, especially since I had it on pre-target)
CrisyBear
Oh and one more question...if I want to attach the permanent effect of enrage (the special ability of berserker), which extension head do I use? I looked up cast mage spell, but I just had no idea which source/reference code to use.
Sikret
SPCL321
CrisyBear
Alright! Thanks so much skiret, I really appreciate this! You are awesome biggrin.gif
Sikret
You are most welcome. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.