Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Questions on IEEP for Item Making
CrisyBear
post Dec 15 2005, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

Hey guys,

Thanks to you guys, I am now making my own items and this is a lot of fun! But while I was making one item, I had some trouble with actualizing following effect on my gauntlet.

The gauntlet can once a day fire a missile, with 3D10 fire dam, 2D5 slashing dam, and so on (there are 4 random/fixed damage extension head total). Well, the thing was, I made the effect on target, but when I shoot in the close range, it damages everyone in the area, including myself. I am wondering how I could make the damage only exclusive to the character I aimed the ability.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 16 2005, 12:18 PM
Post #2

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

Have you tried to set the target value at "pre-target"? If no, then this is the cause. Set it at "pre-target".

But if you have already tried this and the problem persists, some other cause may still be discovered. Let me know if setting target value at "pre-target" doesn't solve the problem.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
CrisyBear
post Dec 16 2005, 01:31 PM
Post #3

Forum Member

Under extension head item effect, all the damage codes are already pre-target. I really don't know what is the thing sad.gif

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 16 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #4

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

With what sort of Animation/graphic does your gauntlet fire missiles? If you have chosen to fire missiles using the graphic of arrows of detonation, then I guess this is the cause. Click on "use graphic" button under the extension head and see what sort of graphic you have chosen for the missiles.

Let me know if changing the graphic used for the missiles doesn't solve the problem.

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Cheating is not confined to using external software or the console commands. Abusing the flaws and limitations of the game engine to do something that a human Dungeon Master would not accept or allow is cheating.

Quote Post
CrisyBear
post Dec 16 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #5

Forum Member

Oh...that is what it was. I was using fireball for graphic, and it was effecting the whole area.

Hmm...is there some way I could still use fireball without having an area effect like that? (And BTW, why is it doing that? I thought graphic effect was really only for graphic, especially since I had it on pre-target)

Quote Post
CrisyBear
post Dec 17 2005, 04:23 AM
Post #6

Forum Member

Oh and one more question...if I want to attach the permanent effect of enrage (the special ability of berserker), which extension head do I use? I looked up cast mage spell, but I just had no idea which source/reference code to use.

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 17 2005, 06:57 AM
Post #7

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

SPCL321

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post
CrisyBear
post Dec 17 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #8

Forum Member

Alright! Thanks so much skiret, I really appreciate this! You are awesome biggrin.gif

Quote Post
Sikret
post Dec 17 2005, 06:01 PM
Post #9

The Tactician
Group Icon

Distinguished Developer

You are most welcome. smile.gif

--------------------
Improved Anvil

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:12 AM