Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Story or not story?
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Quint
Hi all, I'm new here. VERY interested in anything Infinity-wise. I've finished the lower level of Irenicus' dungeon and cannot move forward as the portal refuses to work regardless if I have the portal key. Is this part of what is supposed to happen or do I have another bad install? (This is the 3rd and most successful as this is the first time I saw the NEJ screen instead of BGII). Thanks!
Vlad
Yes, it is story related. By the way, please be more specific. What do you have installed? Patches, mods, their versions, etc. Do we talk about NeJ2 only or TS + NeJ2?

This is the 3rd and most successful ...

This I don't understand at all. Why did you decide to install it thrice? And what does it mean *the most successful*?
Quint
sad.gif Sorry.

Full BGII-SOA, Full BGII-TOB, TOB patch 26498, BGII-TOB Fix-Pack 1.12 and ENg. lang. V1.2.
Launched the setup program (NeJ2v42b.EXE) and added new Imoen portrait at the prompt (cutie!). Launched the patch setup program (NeJ2v602.EXE).
The first 2 attempts resulted in CRC errors for MxLeinaA.acm.
3rd time should be the charm, right? Apparently, there's something I missed and will continue my investigation.

Thanks! smile.gif
larrienne
QUOTE(Quint @ Dec 4 2005, 01:42 PM)
I've finished the lower level of Irenicus' dungeon and cannot move forward as the portal refuses to work regardless if I have the portal key. Is this part of what is supposed to happen or do I have another bad install? (This is the 3rd and most successful as this is the first time I saw the NEJ screen instead of BGII). Thanks!

Just a thought Quint, are you trying to exit the correct portal? The mod begins when you pass through the portal behind the door left of Jaheira's cage, as noted in the read me, and not the one leading to second level of Johnnie's dungeon. This one is not accessable until your group return from SoW.
Quint
Thanks! I figured it out. (Cute puzzle). rolleyes.gif

I am now in Easthaven, chatting with Hrothgar on his veranda, just before embarking for Kuldahar; all of a sudden, I'm back at my desktop. (Rather abruptly!). ohmy.gif

Not sure what happened. I'll fire the game up again later at the last save.

Q

Edit: I'll monitor larrienne's topic (probs leaving Easthaven).
babalon
crashed at veranda too
Vlad
Thanks for this report. The answer is here:

http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showtopic=1341

Edit: I'll monitor larrienne's topic (probs leaving Easthaven).

Yes, just remove those two files and you're set. Occasionally they've been corrupted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.