Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Probs Leaving Easthaven
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
larrienne
Vlad, my group can not leave Easthaven. Hrothgar has been met outside his house, joined with us and after banter Hrothgar asks about group entering Pomab's store, game crashes to desktop I have re-loaded several times but still no joy.sad.gif
Now I know this has been a previous prob but one that was sorted yes?
So why me again I bemoan?

BTW. I have been looking at your Taffic and yes, he is growing on me. biggrin.gif
Now that he has become real, writing for him becomes easier.
Vlad
Jan, it sounds very very strange bearing in mind how many times we all have already tested this game. Please I'd really appreciate if you could list the detailed sequence of all your actions and dialogues prior to that crash.
Moongaze
For the record, it happened to me too.

-Full clean SoA+ToB install with official patch and Dorner's non-weiDU Baldurdash Fixpack ToB.
-TS v6.05.
-NEJ2 with final patch.

Nothing else.
Vlad
Please remove manually two files from your override directory:

SPCL242.SPL
SPCL221.SPL
larrienne
QUOTE(Moongaze @ Nov 21 2005, 03:52 PM)
For the record, it happened to me too.

-Full clean SoA+ToB install with official patch and Dorner's non-weiDU Baldurdash Fixpack ToB.
-TS v6.05.
-NEJ2 with final patch.

Nothing else.

Oh joy... I don't mean joy that your game crashed as well Moongaze, but it's good when a prob. is confirmed and discovered not to be a bad installation.
Mind you I couldn't have a cleaner installation seeing as I even went as far as to install new hard disc drive prior to installing SoA/ToB/NeJ. Now is that clean or is that clean? biggrin.gif

Vlad, removed files as instructed and all is well as we continue on the path towards our Never ending journey again. smile.gif
horred the plague
Well, seeing as I had biffed all my files, I couldn't simply delete them. Meaning, I had to fix them. The two spells were faulty because of a simple, old error--easy to overlook. They are innate spells, and the spell level was set to zero. Innate spells must be set to level one, or they cause a CTD. This is obviously an oversight on Bioware's behalf; I had to fix dozens of their spells when I first tried to script them.

I set the innate spell level to one, and the CTD disappeared. Safely have I arrived in TT2000.ARE, with a couple of originally-intended Moonknight abilities still intact. beer.gif
Vlad
These spells aren't mine, they're made by BioWare, that's why it's safe to delete them. smile.gif Hrothgar doesn't need them as they do not relate to his own innate abilities specifically but just are the regular paladin innate spells.

So, what's about:

a couple of originally-intended Moonknight abilities still intact.
?
horred the plague
a couple of originally-intended Moonknight abilities still intact ?

My mistake--okay, how about: a couple of (not necessarily used) paladin abilities intact? laugh.gif

The only reason BP didn't fix these, is because I had (wrongly) assumed that King Diamond had done all of this in his Baldurdash-weidu, and removed them from BP. I've already harranged him for this oversight ineffective.gif
Vlad
Well, let's leave Hrothgar's kit intact (it is well-ballanced in its current configuration). smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.