Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New village in need of residents
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
balduran
As if the new pocketplane and dungeon aren't enough, I am making also a new village in Amn. It just happens so that with so many mods out there, every last free house in Athkatla is already taken (I myself used one in the Bridge) and there's no place for the average mage to call home. The city is just too crowded.

For the purposes of the village I'm compiling a new map with several houses, an inn, a merchant and a temple. The problem is that I need just one of the houses for my quest and I don't want the others to be left empty.

So, I am looking for people who'd like to fill the village with residents, and maby add a quest or two. Is anyone interested in such sort of thing?
balduran
IPB Image
Brave Sir Garrick
Nice village. Did you modify Ulgoth's Beard for that? Not trying to insult you or anything, but you might want to remove the lighthouse, since it does not make sense being there without the ocean. Looks nice though, I'd try area creation myself... but using photoshop to do so might be a pain.
Sir-Kill
using PS is one of the better ways. 3d being the best
Brave Sir Garrick
There are actual Infinity Engine map editors for windows though, right? (Not trying to rant off-topic, heheh) I use a mac, so... no windows utils for me. happy.gif
Sir-Kill
ack that sucks I forgot sad.gif
DLTCEP does not work for mac?
well you could make the maps then ask someone to make it an area.
balduran
QUOTE(Brave Sir Garrick @ Oct 1 2005, 08:09 PM)
Nice village. Did you modify Ulgoth's Beard for that? Not trying to insult you or anything, but you might want to remove the lighthouse, since it does not make sense being there without the ocean. Looks nice though, I'd try area creation myself... but using photoshop to do so might be a pain.

I need the lighthouse for a mage tower. It is the only building in the village I really need.

That's why I am making the others available.
balduran
QUOTE(Sir-Kill @ Oct 1 2005, 09:21 PM)
ack that sucks I forgot sad.gif
DLTCEP does not work for mac?
well you could make the maps then ask someone to make it an area.

I'd be willing to help.

Don't you guys want to help up with a quest that takes place in the village (I keep calling it a village, because I haven't decided on the name yet)?
Brave Sir Garrick
About the lighthouse... couldn't you change it to look more like an actual tower? I mean, the top just says... lighthouse. laugh.gif

I might help you out a bit. Since you have tried to help with my Heart of Winter project. You need scripting, or you looking for more of a story-writer type of deal?
Domi
On one of BG1 maps there is a very neat stand-alone tower: http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/ar2900.htm

Another possibility is of course Ramazith's tower:

http://www.dudleyville.com/bg1/ar0200b.htm

It needs to be cleaned from vegetation though smile.gif
Avenger_teambg
dltcep doesn't work on the mac.
It runs under Wine on linux wink.gif
And the source code is available, so if there is ANY mac programmer, they could port it easily.
balduran
Al right. I found how to flip the map using DLTCEP, but instead of processing the tis as a whole image, it just flipped each tile around its axis. The result was some weird puzzle. So I had to reload the image into the Tileset editor, and now the map is correctly flipped. I also changed some parts of the scenery, but nothing major.

About the lighthouse... couldn't you change it to look more like an actual tower? I mean, the top just says... lighthouse. 

It will have to pass as a tower. The making of a shadow for a new tower is harder than you can imagine. And even if you manage to make one, it always looks somhow unreal, not fitting the object.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.