Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short mod desciption
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Baronius
Since this was too long for mod forum description, I'll post it here smile.gif

This mod is actually a whole game in itself without any connection to the main BG2 plot. The first part of the mod takes you from Irenicus's dungeon back in time approximately 100 years to a small town in the Spine of the World known as Easthaven. If you have played IWD then the plot follows the IWD game from there with many new items and dialogues between NPCs. There is also a new optional kit for Imoen, which retains her original class as thief if you wish, designed specially for her, and three new joinable NPCs. The second part takes place after you have returned to and exited Irenicus's dungeon. There are three more new NPCs whom you can add to your party. Hrothgar's is the main quest/plot and is what NeJ is all about. Throughout the game he will take you into the past several times and also, into the future in order to complete his very important quest. There are many, many new areas to visit as well as those of Baldur's Gate. You will have the opportunity to gain new spells on the completion of mage specific quests and discover new items. All new NPCs come with quests of their own, and all come with their own weapons and items.
jastey
Wow, this mod is huge. smile.gif
How exactly do I have to understand the IWD part; Does it mean the mod actually transfers IWD to the BGII engine, or does it introduce a new story in relation to IWD (using known IWD areas and characters)?
Bazuttu
I am assuming your using the IWD engine, but something hints to me your not since your modding baldur's gate. Why not release this mod for IWD?
seanas
neverending journey is a mod for BGII, and uses the BGII engine. i haven't played IWD, so i can't comment on how close NEJ is to IWD, but i can say it uses areas (and from what i've read, at least some characters) from IWD.

i'd recommend playing it, if you haven't already - the level of detail NEJ offers is unmatched by other large mods. of course, i've only played it as the impossibly hard BP-NEJ, but i'm still a fan. as a standalone mod, it should be compatible with virtually all other (non-BP) mods, and so i'd strongly encourage you to play thru it next time you start a BGII game.
larrienne
QUOTE(seanas @ Jun 24 2005, 06:38 PM)

i'd recommend playing it, if you haven't already - the level of detail NEJ offers is unmatched by other large mods. of course, i've only played it as the impossibly hard BP-NEJ, but i'm still a fan. as a standalone mod, it should be compatible with virtually all other (non-BP) mods, and so i'd strongly encourage you to play thru it next time you start a BGII game.

Thank you for such a glowing testimony Seanas. smile.gif Your kind words are much appreciated.

NeJ follows the exact storyline of IWD but with the addition of Hrothgar to your party, there are hints that apart from his quest to save Kuldahar, he has an agenda of his own... which, at present, he is keeping pretty close to his chest. biggrin.gif

A lot of love and hard work, not to mention patience, (on Vlad's part wub.gif ), has gone into the making of NeJ.parts 1-3. So I hope you and the many other people out there continue to enjoy.
mysterium
If the new information is avalible, is it possible to get info about items, spells, new kits, possibly races, etc in NEJ2??? If so please post some juicy stuff here... blink.gif

will the forum with walkthrough / help be created???
Vlad
Normally walkthroughs are written by gamers. Items, spells, new kits... well, you'll see them in the game. Also I'm not the one to post "some juicy stuff". The feedback of testers/players is what I kindly appreciate and ask to post here. Also we'll gladly give you hints and tips in playing our mod.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.