Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Short mod desciption
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Baronius
Since this was too long for mod forum description, I'll post it here smile.gif

Tortured Souls is a mod dedicated to NPCs with troubled souls. This time our heroes trying to save Yoshimo will find themselves involved in a strange vendetta war between two Kara-Tur clans. Do you believe in love or do you believe in death? It is the main question, and neither you, nor Yoshimo have much time to answer it. Looking for the answers, and following a series of mysterious events, you may even get Bodhi into your party. A new inspiring romantic line, and a new romantic NPC, both male and female romances, original Valygar romance, Coran, Dynaheir and even new familiar wolf... All this and much more is in Tortured Souls, and now in a WeiDU reincarnation of the mod.

P.S. I have changed the word to *wolf* (Vlad).
Domi
A familiar Werewolf? That's news for me and I would be strongly against it if it is not a typo: Sime is not a slaver. unsure.gif
Vlad
Wolf which turns into figurine. Domi, it's "oboroten'".
Domi
Nope, not true. Werewolves and wolfweres are creatures that combine characteristscs of both humans and wolves via being infected by lycanthropia (they change either at will or not), ie 'oborotni' . Owning a creature like this is owning a sentient being.

Sime's Figurine, like Drizzt's one, calls an Astral Plane essence of a creature (ie a panther, a wolf, a spider)...
Rabain
There are items in the game that call fighter's etc on the players behalf. Is this "owning" a sentient being too?

It could be explained easily by saying that a friencly creature that new it was infected by lycanthropy asked a friendly mage/cleric to transfer his spirit to a figurine before the lycanthropy was fully developed and he turned completely evil/vicious. This way he could still be used to fight for good.
Domi
Veter is not a werewolf, he is a wolf (from the Astral Plane), he does not turn into a human under any circumstances.
Rabain
Well I guess then considering that Baronius has typed werewolf and that Vlad is talking about a wolf..figurine that there is no werewolf familiar at all and it is indeed a typo.

smile.gif
Domi
Actually Vlad quoted Russian word that means 'werewolf' equating the figurine to it. Veter is not a werewolf.
Rabain
There are words that don't translate well in many languages...perhaps Vlad's meaning was in the sense of "changing" rather than werewolf as according to some sites (quick google search) Oborotni in Russian can also mean "changed ones".

I take it you are Russian (or at least speak it) so I won't argue the point with you if you are certain oborotni is werewolf and nothing else!
Vlad
Now I agree with Domi. I have changed the word in description to *wolf*.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.