Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screenshots
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Galactygon
I will post the newest screenshots here.

-Galactygon
Andyr
Please do. smile.gif They were nice.
Galactygon
As of 8-16-04.

-Galactygon

I'll begin with the 2 shots I made of the spell, Prismatic Sphere. This is still my work, having not yet found a 3D artist. Hence these are not final. I have casted Prismatic Sphere several times and put a number of layers off of each one so you can see all the layers seperately.
Galactygon
More shots of Prismatic Sphere.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Several protection spells. Globe of Invulnerability, protection from normal missiles, minor globe, entropy shield, you name it...

-Galactygon
Galactygon
My test cleric/mage character is surrounded by a blade barrier, an entropy shield, and has recently casted the following spells:

wall of fire
whirlwind (twice)

You should note that the blade barrier is now immobile, therefore the sanctuary-blade barrier cheese doesn't work anymore. Works *exactly* like in P&P.

Whirlwind is something that I couldn't do to match its p&p counterpart (hardcoded issues), so it moves around randomly, damaging creatures (and blowing them away) in its path depending on the size of the creature (very weak creatures can even be killed).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The spell, Death Armor. It surrounds the caster with a field of negative energy. Anyone touching him/her recieves 1D4 + 1 point/2 levels (up to +5) of negative energy damage.

One of the few things I like about 3e (rather than 2e) is the undead being healed by negative energy rather than damaged, while undead being harmed rather than healed by positive energy damage.

So this spell heals undead, while casting a heal spell harms the undead, as the harm spell (except it requires no touch attack).

This screen represents someone touching the caster and recieving damage, hence the pair of necromantic graphics. Notice the blue coloured field representing negative energy.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Flamestrike. I increased the damage to 8D8 rather than 6D8. I found it a bit too weak (especially if I compare it with the new cone of cold, which DOES increase it's area effect per level).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The last of the old screenshots.

This is the spell, 'wall of stone'. As you can see, mercenaries have a hard time navigating through the wall. A dispel magic destroys it, however.

-Galactygon
Andyr
Nice shots. smile.gif

So, Blade Barrier is immobile - can you move out of it and take damage, though?
Galactygon
Now cometh the the new ones with new 'partial GuI'.

-Galactygon

Just for fun, I made a screenshot of my first try on converting the GuI. You can see the messed up icons. I might actually make a hall of shame gallery with all the messed up shots. wink.gif
Galactygon
Andyr: Don't reply yet. I am still posting several more. And yes, mving in/out makes you take damage. Being at the center doesn't.

Now cometh the more final version of the buttons. This is the base button menu for the cleric/mage.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I'll describe each button below (from left to right).

The left and right arrows on their respective sides are self-explanatory.

Beginning from the left is the icon which allows you to jump to mage spells (the one that is similar to the holy symbol of Mystra).

Here are the spells: Righteous Wrath of the Faithful, Resist Magic, Cause Critical Wounds, Chaotic Commands, Slay Living, Raise Dead, Entropy Shield, Blade Barrier, and Aerial Servant.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This are more spell icons from the wizard spell category.

On the left: The icon that allows you to jump to priest spells, fireshield red, greater malison, cone of cold, lower resisrance, shadow door, sunfire, chain lightning, death spell, and disintegrate.

And of course, the left/right arrows on both sides.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
More GuI shots (notice the new font and a scrollbar, if there is one).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
More GuI.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This is what happens when an unfortunate ogre fails his saving throw against the spell, Slay Living (Aerie made a sucessful touch attack).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Colour Spray. Notice the ogres flash in different colours. It now works exactly like its P&P counterpart, where high level creatures can be affected, low level creatures (less than 6HD if the caster is above 6th level) have no saving throws, and the duration is random.

I have restored the nice-looking BG1 graphics. So no more BG2 ugliness. smile.gif

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Another screenshot of colour spray. I still have 2 or 3 more screens left.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The last screenshot (after this, you can post whatever you wish to), Beltyn's Burning Blood. Notice the skin colour of the ogre.

I am sorry about this... graphics overload (for dialup users).

-Galactygon
Baronius
Beautiful screenshots! There are beautiful and well-detailed effects on them (and the GUI is excellent either)
Marvellous work.

The good old' BG1 colour spray! I have nostalgic feeling (and it looks much better than the BG2 version indeed).
And the skin color-change caused by burning blood -- I am out of words, really...
Sir-Kill
You Sir are a maniac! Keep it up smile.gif
Echon
Very interesting screen shots. I like having the old colour spray animation back. As to wether the new spells effects look better than the old ones or not is a matter of personal opinion, I think, some do, others do not. E.g., on the third screen shot you have four different protection spells that had different animations before but now they are almost of the same size, shape and colour. Perhaps some more variation to keep them seperate?

As for the GIU changes, I prefer the old BG2 GUI to the Icewind Dale one.

-Echon
Galactygon
Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. smile.gif

It's quite hard with colour spray... I have 228 effects in each of the 20 extension headers.

E.g., on the third screen shot you have four different protection spells that had different animations before but now they are almost of the same size, shape and colour. Perhaps some more variation to keep them seperate?

It's an old shot that had several characters having several protection spells active at the same time. When the spells section recieves another large update (I am working on it... slowly), all spells will have their own screenshots posted.

Once I find another 3D artist (the last one passed away), some spells will recieve a graphical remake (namely Prismatic Sphere, which graphics I dislike).

-Galactygon
Vlasák
Nice screenshots!

However, I agree with Echon - I prefer original BG2 GUI instead of IWD2 one. But new GUI brings the fresh experience and "the change is life" - so, great work, Galac!
Galactygon
Here are some more updates (I will close August's screenshots as of this update). I will indicate when I'm done so you can hold your feedback (for those who view these forums often).

8-21-04

The spell, bless.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Chromatic Orb. The orb will change colour as you level up, as in PST and AD&D. Unlike in PST, however, you can choose which colour you want to launch (up to your level).

I have left out the colour, black (so it's violet at higher levels) due to graphics and transparency issues.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
For testing purposes, I allowed ogres to be affected by the spell, 'ghoul touch'. Notic that Aerie is attacking with her firsts, not a new weapon created by the ghoul touch spell.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I put 'Globe of Invunerability' here. For me, it's a bit too bright, so I might tone the colours down.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting. I might have posted this earlier, but it now affects allies too, and does 16D8 damage at level 16.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
A screenshot of Ice Storm. It now lasts for 1 round/level, does 3D10 points of damage, and has an area effect of nearly the entire screen.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Yet another screenshot of 'Ice Storm'.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Knock. It's now an area effect spell, and has a shattering keyhole animation at the center.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Meteor Swarm. Rather than falling from the sky, Meteor Swarm now hurles 4 fireballs exploding in a diamond box pattern, with each explosion inflicting 4D10 points of damage (save for half), and each of them overlapping somewhat. Before they explode, anyone standing in their path recieves 4D10 points of damage per fireball with no saving throw.

I decided to use the BG1 graphics of the fireball projectile.

Aerie was quite unfortunate to stand in the path of the fireballs...

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Meteor Swarm now explodes in a diamond box pattern. Does 4D10 points of damage per explosion. Unfortunate creatures who are at the center of the area effect may recieve 12D10 points of damage due to the overlapping explosions.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Corrected Prismatic Spray area effect.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Agannazar's Scorcher. The target creatures gets 3-18 points of damage. Any other ones in the path of the scorcher recieves 2-16 points od damage, with a saving throw for half.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
From left to right (excluding the arrows): abi-dalzim's horrid wilting, maze, meteor swarm, power word kill, spell trap, prismatic sphere, imprisonment, aegis, black blade of disaster.

I find the maze icon and imprisonment icon unsatisfactory, so I might need a new one to be made.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Messed up load game gui. This was my first try. I'll add it to the hall of shame gallery, once there are enough screenshots.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The last screenshot of right now (it takes too much time to attactch 'em). This is the more final load game gui.

-Galatctygon
Galactygon
Let's close September with a few more screenshots I took during the course of this month. Some spells are included in the released beta, which will be updated this weekend (but note that not everything is included; for example there is no purple explosion under the feet of the caster in the spellpack).

Elysium's Tears(I have de-cutscenized the spell)EntangleSnilloc's Snowball SwarmPrayerPower Word: BlindChantCure Critical Wounds (better graphics than in the previous shots)Cure Moderate Wounds (better graphics than in the previous shots)Cure Light Wounds (better graphics than in the previous shots)Heal & Entangle (better graphics than in the previous shots)Undead Ward (replaces that uterrly useless Repulse Undead incantation)Cause Light WoundsCall Lightning & Undead Ward (better graphics than in the previous shot)[EDIT]: Fixed URL of Screenshot 2 of Entangle.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
are you going to post your implosion??

are you going to post your implosion??
Galactygon
I have a few (7 to be exact) New Year's shots (alas, they are a late a day or two). They mostly include GuI shots I have worked on the past few non-productive months.

The first one is a modified version of the Carsomyr. I decided to set the enchantment bonus to +2 (or +3 for the improved Carsomyr). Carsomyr now has several nice visuals, one of them being a glow that the character radiates while handling the sword.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The second shot is the Rainbow composite bow created by the 5th level priest spell, Rainbow. This one radiates a white glow.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This one is the ToB main menu (the main one branching off the one picked by the player).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The SoA main menu.

I am pondering whether or not I should remake the absolute main menu (where you pick whether you want to play SoA or ToB). You might have seen it a long time ago, if you have followed the Lost Crossroads mod for a while.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This one is self-explanatory.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I cannot post the other 2 shots right now, because of wireless connection technical difficulties (one of the far too many that has happened recently; I cannot even update the SpellPack to v3).

I'll include them in the next update.

-Galactygon
egm
VERY nice GUI wink.gif
Windwalker
Those screenshots look breathtaking, Galactygon! wink.gif Can't wait to see it all released someday. Anyways, how large (in terms of Megabytes) is the project till now? (So that I know if I need DSL, or my dialup could handle it tongue.gif ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.