Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screenshots
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mods under development - Baldur's Gate II > Lost Crossroads
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Andyr
Looks good. smile.gif Did I read somewhere you were going to release a GUI separately from LC, along with egm?
Galactygon
Andyr: Yes, I will release a seperate GuI mod that will be required to install LC. You can still install the GuI mod only and not worry about LC. All I can see from the distance right now is that both mine and egm's way of implementation is different. So I'll have a difficult time combining the two together so they look nice.

Mindflayer: Megs and quality don't go hand-in-hand. tongue.gif

-Galactygon
icelus
OK, wow. Those screenshots are very nice. smile.gif
Baronius
Galactygon: Beautiful background, excellent GUI thumb.gif
Windwalker
QUOTE(Galactygon @ Jan 3 2005, 09:15 PM)
Mindflayer: Megs and quality don't go hand-in-hand. tongue.gif

-Galactygon

Heh, definitely agreed. I remembered from the old TeamBG days that you (or somebody else) mentioned LC was 200 mbs, or something like that...

Oh my, that Movie menu screenshot with the Baldur's Gate Skull behind is just... AWESOME!
Cheers dude! beer.gif beer.gif
Galactygon
Here are 8 screenshots from January.

The first one is the area map.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The Load-GuI. I might have shown you this one before.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This one speaks for itself.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The priest scroll. Note: This GuI mod does not include the spell icons as shown. You can see how the old know alignment icon blends nicely to the new background.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The inventory. Note: the scroll icons are still the old ones, and the cut off right side of them have nothing to do with my mod.

I will, in time, make the 2 sidebars blend nicely with the center area.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The Contingency screen.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The mage book screenshot. This is the final look of the new-spell icons. I haven't made one for polymorph self/other yet.

You can see the irregularities on the border of the background and the 2 sidebars. It will be fixed before the release of the GUI mod.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Another mage-book screenshot. With many old and new spell icons (can you guess which one is the timestop spell icon?).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The last screenshot: the journal screen. I haven't really found much space for the buttons on the bottom, but I thought of making them as bookmarks as seen in the priest scroll menu.

-Galactygon
PolarBear
I'm stunned! Awesome work! wink.gif
Galactygon
2 days late as promised, we have yet another screenshot update. I have around 20 right now, but they aren't as graphically spectacular as some of the previous ones, but I do pay attention to small detail.

The first one the new character screen GUI. I have been working on GUI as well, but at a much slower pace (since I am involved in some secret mod projects as well as betatesting for another mod).

I am still experimenting with the sidebars, so they don't look as good as they eventually turn out to be.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Chromatic Blade. Notice the blade keeps flashing through the colours of the spectrum, as demonstrated by the array of small screenshots.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Some people enjoy igniting others by moving close after a 'Fire Aura' is cast. It not only wards all fire from the caster, but ignites those who dare to touch the flames. Creatures ignited will be burning for a random number (2-8) of rounds.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
A firestaff that ignites both ends of a conjured staff in blue flames.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Curious how Implosion looks like? Here it is. It will be a feature for the next version of SpellPack. The surrounding air molecules around the character implode upon him/her, blasting the character into a million pieces.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
This screenshot is here to prove the constitution check DOES work when calculating the amount of times a caster may concentrate to implode a creature, and characters with lower constitution scores (think of Aerie and Viconia) have very small chances of making it to round 3.

The way a constitution check works, is a 20-sided dice is rolled. If the dice-value is greater than the constitution of the character, the constitution check fails. If a character's constitution is 20 or greater, the constitution check is always successful.

So, after the casting of the implosion spell, the character may call upon the spell again (found in the innates section) to implode a creature of his choosing (it could be the same creature, if it succeeded its saving throw). He can do so once per round for 3 rounds after the casting of the spell. However, the character must make a constitution check each round to sustain the spell. That's why characters with average/below-average constitution scores have little chance of getting past the 2nd or 3rd round.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I combine the best of BG1 and IWD2 when making the GUI screens. Here is an example.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The types of creatures that could be summoned in Monster Summoning 1. From top to bottom and left to right, we have Xvarts, Giant Rats, Giant Bats, Goblins, Hobgoblins, Gibberlings, Kobolds, and Tasloi.

There are more types of creatures that are summonable via monster summoning spells, and these are just a handful of examples.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Monster Summoning II. I will not state the creatures, but you could try to guess what they are.

There are more types of creatures that are summonable via monster summoning spells, and these are just a handful of examples.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Monster Summoning III. I will not state the creatures, but you could try to guess what they are.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Monster Summoning IV. Some of the creatures not yet seen in any of the games are Heucuvae (they look like shades for now), Yeti (the recoloured ogrillon is temporary; I will use the IWD animation), and Hellhounds (the recoloured wolf).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Monster Summoning V. I will not state the creatures, but you could try to guess what they are.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Monster Summoning VI. The recoloured Wyvern is the Dracolisk, accompanied by a Lesser Basilisk, a Stag Beetle (I think), and a few phase spiders. Not this many creatures are summoned through a single casting; I had to cast the spell 3 times to summon these creatures.

Also note the gaze attack icon I have selected for the basilisk below.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Yet another Monster Summoning VI screenshot. A single casting, and a single wyvern.

Note the purple summoning circle plays above the creature rather than below the creature. I shall correct that in time.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
And lastly, the 9th-level Monster Summoning VII (ignore the force sphere around Imoen for now). We have 2 will 'o wisps, a frost giant, an ettin, and a remorhaz (which is just being summoned).

Some (not all) of the creatures not shown here, but summonable through the monster summoning VII spell are the Chimerea, the Fire Giants, Umberhulks, and even the Greater Basilisks. It seems the Flesh to Stone spell became obsolete, since you can "use" it several times per round through the eyes of the Basilisks.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The next 2 screenshots demonstrate that an area effect spell penetrates and disperses mirror images.

Here, we have 2 mirrore-imaged characters before a flamstrike is cast on them.
Galactygon
After the flamstrike. Not only are the images removed, but the characters took damage as well.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
We still have 5 more screenshots left.

I have polymorphed my main character into a nymph creature. See the kiss attack icon on the bottom.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Polymorph Self could turn you into any creature (no larger than a hippopotamus and no smaller than a bird) you desire.

You could turn into an ettercap and slash your enemies, then into a large spider to poison them, and then run away from them by turning into a cheetah (as I have over here).

You should note that unlike before, you could cast spells in polymorphed form (if you have a head that could pronounce the syllables and at least 2 hands to complete the gestures).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Shadow Door. Until Mindflayer finishes the nice new archway for the spell, I am using a slightly modified BG1 animation.

The door remains there for 1 round/level, and any creature short of a demi-power or genius will be mazed if they step through the door, to mimick the 1 round spent searching within the 10x10 room. Large creatures that do not fit through the door don't get mazed, as well as some undead.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Storm of Vengeance. It is now centered on the caster (rather than on a designated point due to the largeness of the area of effect and the smallness of the LOS), and works in a similar way to chant. This means that if the caster undertakes a different action, the spell ends.

I will remove the protection graphics played on the caster when I have a chance to create denser storm-clouds

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The last screenshot of this update. In addition to partial magic resistance and protection from non-magical weapons, a wraithformed character appears to be specter-like, confusing non-intelligent undead of thinking him as their kind. Liches, vampires, and other intelligent undead could discern the caster as a living creature under the influence of the 3rd-level wizard spell, wraithform.

Wizards under the influence of the wraithform spell may only move around (making them excellent scouts), but they can end the spell at will.

-Galactygon
Sir-Kill
nice work thumb.gif
Lord-Jyssev
i cant see any of them bigcry.gif

cept some of the summons and jaheira's record
T.G.Maestro
They work well for me - nice touches Galactygon. wink.gif
Baronius
Lord-Jyssev, your connection might be slower, and that's why your browser doesn't load all of the screenshots. Try refreshing the page more times, or check the screenshots in different browser windows based on their URL (right-click on the placeholder of the non-appearing image, and click Properties or something like that).
Galactygon
After many months, I decided it is time for a new update.

The first screenshot is the spell, forcecage. I will probabbly develop it more, depending whether or not I can get hold of a 3D artist.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The quest-level spell, shooting stars.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The level up GuI.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The Dual-Class screenshot. The borders still need refining, and the window needs to be centered.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
The distribution of thieving skills if you dual-class to a thief. Again, the borders need refining and the window needs to be centered for a "feel" consistent to everything else.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Wall of Fire. Notice that at the time of the casting, the wall always faces the caster (due to engine limitations the caster may not control the direction and dimensions of the wall as in PnP).

-Galactygon
Galactygon
New cloud graphics.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Just for the fun of it, I decided to blast the screen by casting Meteor Shower three times during a timestop.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
And lastly, the Black Blade of Disaster. You should also note the sword icon in the attack slot, and that the Black Blade can be used on targets far away (as in the IWD version of Mordenkainen's Sword).

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.