Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A dummy's questions
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Domi
I have never done anything with graphics, so please treat me like a complete dummy.

Q1: If I have a photograph of a building is there a way to put it on a BG type map?

Q2: If not what are special requirements to the pictures that can be used as buildings?
Sir-Kill
I know that you have done some graphics wink.gif

There is 2 ways of doing that one is to make your building in to a tile (set) and import it on to a map. there is a folder in IETME that has tilesets and you can make your own directory too. you can use DTLCEP or IETME I recommend the latter espcialy for a beginner.

The other way is to make a new map using a graphics program (PH, PSP, or the GIMP). If you make your own map you have to make sure that the over all size is a multiple of 64, meaning that the height is a multiple of 64 and that the width is a multiple of 64. Not to exceeded a 70x80 map.

As long as the angle looks close to what BG uses it should be fine.

did this answer your question? it is not very difficult, just keep asking questions if you have a problem.
Domi
Sir, I'd rather not be reminded of my feeble attempts to have a green dragon on the yellow field...

Thank you for your reply. I am just dreaming for now, but should I take the plunge, the whole world would know from my asking around smile.gif
Sir-Kill
come on now it looked good it just needed a bit of tweaking. anyway I sent you a pm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.