The Black Wyrm's Lair Terms of Use Help Search Members Calendar

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A dummy's questions
Domi
post Jun 13 2005, 08:18 PM
Post #1

Forum Member

I have never done anything with graphics, so please treat me like a complete dummy.

Q1: If I have a photograph of a building is there a way to put it on a BG type map?

Q2: If not what are special requirements to the pictures that can be used as buildings?

--------------------
Worry not about the arrow with your name on it, for there is but one. Instead, occupy yourself with the arrows addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'...

Go to the top of the page

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Jun 13 2005, 08:47 PM
Post #2

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

I know that you have done some graphics wink.gif

There is 2 ways of doing that one is to make your building in to a tile (set) and import it on to a map. there is a folder in IETME that has tilesets and you can make your own directory too. you can use DTLCEP or IETME I recommend the latter espcialy for a beginner.

The other way is to make a new map using a graphics program (PH, PSP, or the GIMP). If you make your own map you have to make sure that the over all size is a multiple of 64, meaning that the height is a multiple of 64 and that the width is a multiple of 64. Not to exceeded a 70x80 map.

As long as the angle looks close to what BG uses it should be fine.

did this answer your question? it is not very difficult, just keep asking questions if you have a problem.

This post has been edited by Sir-Kill: Jun 13 2005, 11:29 PM

--------------------

Quote Post
Domi
post Jun 14 2005, 01:47 AM
Post #3

Forum Member

Sir, I'd rather not be reminded of my feeble attempts to have a green dragon on the yellow field...

Thank you for your reply. I am just dreaming for now, but should I take the plunge, the whole world would know from my asking around smile.gif

--------------------
Worry not about the arrow with your name on it, for there is but one. Instead, occupy yourself with the arrows addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'...

Quote Post
Sir-Kill
post Jun 14 2005, 09:25 AM
Post #4

consiglieri
Group Icon

Member of Graphics Dept.

come on now it looked good it just needed a bit of tweaking. anyway I sent you a pm

--------------------

Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 10:03 AM