Chev
Tutor

Posted: 26 Oct 2004 09:40 am Post subject: Chev's first run though

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I installed it on a clean install of BG2 with ToB. Only other mod is ease of use. I am playing an elven fighter-mage. Only cheat is to give him elven chain mail. I am playing with Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira and now Dar.

Orogs look like ogre mages with dark clothing. I think of them with heavy armor. I am not sure if this a bug or just the way you want it.

I really like the additional diolog. It makes it a richer game.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 26 Oct 2004 04:27 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Code:
Orogs look like ogre mages with dark clothing.

It's okay. I needed to save an additional animation slot.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 07:59 am Post subject:

I am still working my way though the vale of shadows. Do those skeleton archers ever miss??? They are the most deadly undead I am facing! I am really loveing the mod! Sooo much better the the old IWD!

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 08:28 am Post subject:

Quote:
Do those skeleton archers ever miss???

I hope they don't (*sadistic laugh*). Anyway as bpfan has already suggested the frontal assault is not a good idea, you should work out your own strategy fighting those nasty undead.

Quote:
I am really loveing the mod! Sooo much better the the old IWD!

Thank you!

larrienne

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 01:51 pm Post subject: Re: Chev's first run though

Chev wrote:
I I am playing with Imoen, Minsc, Jaheira and now Dar.

I really like the additional diolog. It makes it a richer game.

Chev, thank you for your kind words. I am pleased you find the new dialogues add to the game.
I have never finished a game with Jaheira in party yet, prefering to take Accalia, so I would be interested in whether you think Jaheira has enough interaction.
Accalia and Hrothgar have several banters in Severed Hand so please, I would really like to know, when you have played through Severed Hand, if iyo, you think the game falls short on banters in Severed Hand without Accalia in party.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 28 Oct 2004 10:01 pm Post subject:

Larrienne,

I am really enjoying all of your diologs! It seems that the ones that I am getting are long talks. These are really good at developing the characters, but not always to set the mood. How about some short ones like:

NPC1: Damn it's cold (dark, stinks, hot, whatever) here!

NPC2: Gods Yes!

NPC3: Too Cold!

NPC4: Yep, keep moving and you will warm up. (or 'the faster we get out of here the sooner we will seen the light again')

A few diologs like this can develop help set the personality of the NPCs and the mood of the area.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 05:34 am Post subject:

The door from TT3502 to TT3503 is buged. I have to try 3 or 4 times ti get someone over the right spot to trigger the move to the next area.

larrienne

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 09:16 am Post subject:

Chev wrote:
The door from TT3502 to TT3503 is buged. I have to try 3 or 4 times ti get someone over the right spot to trigger the move to the next area.

After flipping the switch, try lining party up in marching order in front of the open door, then click to move. I had the same prob. if Hrothgar ... who usually leads my party... fell behind and Immie, with her enhanced speed , got to the door first. I am not sure if marching order should make a difference to getting through the door but it works for me.

Thanks for your ideas re-shorter, mood setting dialogues. Something for me to bear in mind for future writing.

Chev please, if you have any ideas of your own please feel free to send them to me or to the man himself. I will always help if you find the actual writing a prob.

bpfan
Apprentice

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 02:41 pm Post subject:

Larriene,

I didn't actually have many banters at all, let alone Hrothgar-Accalia, in the Severed Hand. Maybe they just didn't trigger for me for some reason.

Overall, I'd like to echo Chev's praise for the banters. They add a great deal to the game, and you've got a great handle on Imoen and Minsc (didn't have Jaheira along this time...next time will probably skip either Minsc or Accalia).

I did spot some very odd grammar at some points...not sure whether or not it was intentional. I didn't make note of them, I'll be sure to on the next pass.

larrienne

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 08:13 pm Post subject:

bpfan wrote:
Larriene,

I didn't actually have many banters at all, let alone Hrothgar-Accalia, in the Severed Hand. Maybe they just didn't trigger for me for some reason.

Overall, I'd like to echo Chev's praise for the banters. They add a great deal to the game, and you've got a great handle on Imoen and Minsc (didn't have Jaheira along this time...next time will probably skip either Minsc or Accalia).

I did spot some very odd grammar at some points...not sure whether or not it was intentional. I didn't make note of them, I'll be sure to on the next pass.

bpfan, I thank you for your compliments, I am pleased you enjoyed the banters. I can't remember exactly how many there should have been in Severed Hand, but as this was the last part to be added and I hadn't played IWd for some time, I wasn't sure how much time would be spent in Severed Hand. However, if you the players would like to see more, then maybe I could add some at a later date. Providing of course that it doesn't overload Vlad. After all, he is the guy doing all the hard work and putting in so much time in order to bring you this great mod.

The odd grammar, if it was in speech, (especially in the cases of Minsc & Imoen), then it is probably intentional, but please list them for me if you do another run through and I will check them out.

Thank you again.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 30 Oct 2004 06:01 am Post subject:

I got the Banter that I think I should have gotten Just before entering the Dragon's Eye just after killing Presio.

larrienne

Posted: 30 Oct 2004 09:33 am Post subject:

Chev wrote:
I got the Banter that I think I should have gotten Just before entering the Dragon's Eye just after killing Presio.

Mmm... strange, bpfan had the same occurrence. Whereas I am playing through yet again and the said banter triggered correctly... before entering Dragon's Eye.

One for Vlad to ponder on I think.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 31 Oct 2004 05:16 am Post subject:

Dar's armor does not fit the discription. No healing, no chain lighting, no shocking grasp, but 2 call lightings and 2 lighting bolts. His laying on hands only works on himself and no icon for Endurance of Ilmater.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 31 Oct 2004 10:14 am Post subject:

Quote:
Dar's armor does not fit the discription. No healing, no chain lighting, no shocking grasp, but 2 call lightings and 2 lighting bolts.

Yes, I forgot to change the description. Thank you.

Quote:
His laying on hands only works on himself...

It's okay.

Quote:
...and no icon for Endurance of Ilmater.

Yes, I have already fixed this, thank you.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 02 Nov 2004 06:46 am Post subject:

At TT5003 x 598 y 1380 is a trap too large to remove and it is a kill trap.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 02 Nov 2004 07:39 am Post subject:

Quote:
At TT5003 x 598 y 1380 is a trap too large to remove and it is a kill trap.

Yes, it's difficult to remove this trap as well as several other big traps but it's possible, and it's not the case bpfan has previously reported. This trap has a flag *detectable* and Imoen could remove this trap anyway that is dependent on the direction and angle she approaches the trap. If you feel it's too difficult to be removed you may by pass it.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 09:31 am Post subject:

Shadow Elves in the taverns dissappair after you 'see' them and move out of their area. They arn't there when you move back to 'see' them again. Is this a bug??

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 04 Nov 2004 11:13 am Post subject:

No, this is how was coded in the the original game.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 06 Nov 2004 06:11 am Post subject:

Ok, I am back at Jonnie's place. I now have saves from all along the mod.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 06 Nov 2004 08:06 am Post subject:

Do you want me to try and see how far I get with NeJ2??

I am thinking that I may redo my BP/BGT/NeJ Install and was thinking of installing NeJ1+2 with it. I think it will work with the auto installer if I change the names of the exe and tp2 files to match the old names. I like playing the install game. I am wondering how long untill you are ready to release the next version/update? days? weeks? months? I am not pushing, just trying to make plans.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 06 Nov 2004 10:37 am Post subject:

Quote:
Do you want me to try and see how far I get with NeJ2??

I have already found some bugs just in the beginning of NeJ2 so I would prefer you could wait for the pre-beta release at least.

Quote:
I am wondering how long untill you are ready to release the next version/update? days? weeks? months? I am not pushing, just trying to make plans.

I am planning to release the beta before Christmas, but may be the pre-beta version which I am going to test myself will be available for download earlier.

Thank you Chev.

Felstorm
Initiate

Posted: 11 Nov 2004 09:21 am Post subject:

Unfortunately my main pc has been broken for a week or two so I am trying to get my older cpu up and running so I can test there (I doubt I will find much now ). I did manage to get into the mod a little bit and I noticed something that no-one else has posted.

The time it takes for Hrothgar and the boy hiding under the stairs (the house in the valey with lots of goblins) to spawn is quite long. For Hrothgar when you deliver the list to Pomab it took about a minute or so for him to respawn outside his house (so I missed him a couple of times thinking he was in the house) and the boy took about 2 minutes to spawn when I opened the door (I stood there because I knew that the boy should be there). I wanted to know has this happened to anyone else or is it just me?

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 11 Nov 2004 11:17 am Post subject:

Thanks for your observations. Do you mean that it takes longer for Hrothgar to appear near his house than it takes for your party to reach his house?

The boy is not being created in this area but he is all the time in this area. He is hidding under the stairs and that is why you don't see him. Technically spoken your sight angle is interfered with the solid object which is the wall of the closet. To see the boy you should enter the closet or to wait until he goes out. If Minsc sees him then there will be an interesting interjection.

Felstorm
Initiate

Posted: 16 Nov 2004 11:16 am Post subject:

Quote:
Thanks for your observations. Do you mean that it takes longer for Hrothgar to appear near his house than it takes for your party to reach his house?

Yes, my computer is back up so I will try this a couple of times but otherwise the time it took for him to spawn was a bit too long.

Quote:
The boy is not being created in this area but he is all the time in this area. He is hidding under the stairs and that is why you don't see him. Technically spoken your sight angle is interfered with the solid object which is the wall of the closet. To see the boy you should enter the closet or to wait until he goes out. If Minsc sees him then there will be an interesting interjection.

Yeah, I did move into a position where my main char should be able to see the boy like I have done for previous NeJ versions but he still didn't show up, I will test this again and keep you posted.

Felstorm