Chev
Tutor

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 08:21 am Post subject: Chev does NeJ part 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a fresh install of BG2-ToB (patch + Baldurdash) then NeJ2v20b. then ease of use and item upgrade. I moved a save game that was from just before ging back. Copied world map and had to rename Dar and Hrothgar.

Here I go!

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 08:50 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please also check that the names of kits are correct. Also some other entries in character sheets. Journal entries are probably messed as well. But the most important, please check that Ulcaster appears on the map.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 08:54 am Post subject:

I lost the Heartstone gem when I got back to CI, is this a bug?

Edit: When Dar talks to Jaheira after finding Khalid's body he says 'Khalid?s' not 'Khalid's'

2nd Edit: the spoken diolog when you are leaveing CI and headding for the light is speeded up so that it sounds like 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'. I see the big BGT map, but no Ulcaster area. I have just left CI, should I already see the area?

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 10:02 am Post subject:

Melora's sword discription says:

Not Usable By:
Melora

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 27 Dec 2004 10:28 am Post subject:

Quote:

You forgot that gave it to Larrel.

Quote:
When Dar talks to Jaheira after finding Khalid's body he says 'Khalid?s' not 'Khalid's'

I cannot find any mentioned above string, neither *Khalid?s* nor *Khalid's*. Let's wait for others to report this problem.

Quote:
the spoken diolog when you are leaveing CI and headding for the light is speeded up so that it sounds like 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'.

What is the dialogue you are talking about?

Code:
Melora's sword discription says:

Not Usable By:
Melora

The misprinting is confirmed and fixed.

Quote:
I see the big BGT map, but no Ulcaster area. I have just left CI, should I already see the area?

This I was afraid of. If you see Watchers Keep, you should see Ulcaster. Please COPY the WORLDMAP.WMP from the installation package. It is located in the following folder:

NeJ/WMP/WORLDMAP.WMP

Then PASTE it directly into your last saved game directory before leaving CI, and load the game. I'm afraid you'll have to start a new game after testing NeJ2 in order to reach Amn back if you won't get Ulcaster at your map.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 06:52 am Post subject:

Vlad wrote:
Quote:

You forgot that gave it to Larrel.

I must have given it to him and forgot.

Vlad wrote:
Quote:
When Dar talks to Jaheira after finding Khalid's body he says 'Khalid?s' not 'Khalid's'

I cannot find any mentioned above string, neither *Khalid?s* nor *Khalid's*. Let's wait for others to report this problem.

ok

Vlad wrote:
Quote:
the spoken diolog when you are leaveing CI and headding for the light is speeded up so that it sounds like 'Alvin and the Chipmunks'.

What is the dialogue you are talking about?

Didn't happen this time though.

Vlad wrote:
Quote:
I see the big BGT map, but no Ulcaster area. I have just left CI, should I already see the area?

This I was afraid of. If you see Watchers Keep, you should see Ulcaster. Please COPY the WORLDMAP.WMP from the installation package. It is located in the following folder:

NeJ/WMP/WORLDMAP.WMP

Then PASTE it directly into your last saved game directory before leaving CI, and load the game. I'm afraid you'll have to start a new game after testing NeJ2 in order to reach Amn back if you won't get Ulcaster at your map.

First time I move the one from the override folder and this time I moved the one from NeJ/WMP/WORLDMAP.WMP.

I get no Watchers Keep and no Ulcaster. I have a fresh install and a saved game that had nothing written to the map. When I look at the map with NI, I see no watchers keep and no Ulcaster area (no other BG1 areas). When I look at a standard map I see a watchers keep area. I will restart if you need me to, but I think the version of the map with the current DL is messed up.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 08:26 am Post subject:

Okay I see. Briefly, neither Watcher's Keep nor Ulcaster is added through Worldmap.WMP but through the file called XNEWAREA.2DA and the corresponding XL3000.2DA (for WK) and XL9800.2DA (for Ulcaster). The Worldmap.WMP file is created in your saved game directory only once when you start the brand new game, and then as you move between areas it is only updated. This could be the only reason that you don't see AR9800 (Ulcaster) on your map. For now it's not really important because after you finish NeJ2 you can CLUAConsole your group back to Amn. However when I release the final NeJ2 which will include Dar's and Melora's quests taken place on several BG1 maps you'll have to start a new game anyway.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 28 Dec 2004 09:08 am Post subject:

OK, that was easy!

After reading what you posted,. I just started a new game and then saved it. I then copied the world map into the saved game I was trying to play. Now it has both watchers keep and Ulcasters.

Onward I go!

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 09:45 am Post subject:

Well, I was at Halruaan taking the test and resting outside. When Hrothgar asked if I had made up my mind yet about helping him and going to Ulcaster. I said yes and he teleported us to Ulcaster. I had said I would think about helping when he asked the first time just after leaving CI. I wanted to get Melore and a few things before going and then went to Ulcaster by clicking on the area.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 10:33 am Post subject:

I am looking for Leina, where do I find her? I was hoping to have her in my party.

larrienne

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 01:53 pm Post subject:

Chev wrote:
I am looking for Leina, where do I find her? I was hoping to have her in my party.

Chev, Ikey will direct you to the Five Flagons where you will learn of Leina's abduction, (I met him for the first time outside the Copper Coronet), but to find her you have to side with Bodhi and agree to kill Vulova... her father. You then have to rescue her from the labrynth, the entrance to which you will find in his house. A nasty place, take it from me... I am picking my way through it at this very minute. Vlad does like making your PC. work hard for everything.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 31 Dec 2004 04:23 pm Post subject:

Chev you have the map problems again. You cannot move to Ulcaster directly through map, and you shouldn't do this. Really! If you refuse to go for the first time Hrothgar suggested to go there, then please wait for the next dialogue which will take place in a few days. Then you'll have again an option to wait for 10-12 days or go immediately to Ulcaster. I would choose to spend about 15 days in Amn to rescue Leina, to do several quests including stronghold etc.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 12:03 pm Post subject:

Leina's Lyre of Progression has no invintory icon.

I went to her dads house and searched around for clues and found the stairs. I fought my way though the maze and found her. I have not joined bodhi or killed her dad. I don't think I should have been able to do this form reading Larrienne post.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 06:52 pm Post subject:

Quote:
Leina's Lyre of Progression has no invintory icon.

Confirmed and fixed. Please copy/paste the file ILYRE.BAM from NeJ2\Leina\itm to your override folder.

Quote:
I went to her dads house and searched around for clues and found the stairs. I fought my way though the maze and found her. I have not joined bodhi or killed her dad. I don't think I should have been able to do this form reading Larrienne post.

Well, I wonder who did you succeed to enter Vulova's estate?

The following script clearly states that in order to enter the LOCKED Vulova's estate you should either get the key or join Bodhi:

Code:
IF
OR(2)
Global("BodhiJob","GLOBAL",2)
PartyHasItem("KeyVulov") // Govan's Key
Global("VP_UnlockDoor1004","AR1000",0)
THEN
RESPONSE #100
SetGlobal("VP_UnlockDoor1004","AR1000",1)
Unlock("DOOR1007")
END

Otherwise the door to Vulova's estate is locked. The same is true with respect to the regular BG2. You cannot enter Vulova's estate or unlock the door if you don't join Bodhi in her quests to assassinate Senior Armagaran Vulova.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 01 Jan 2005 10:37 pm Post subject:

I could not pick it, but when I tried, it did not say that was warded or it needed a special key, so I cast knock on it and it just opened.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 12:10 am Post subject:

Thanks Chev. You are right. The door can be magically unlocked, and it's a problem. I should find the flag which prevents player from opening this door as well as doors in Halruaa by casting the *Knock* spell. Meanwhile please take in mind that if your thief with 100% pick locks skill cannot open the door it means only the door requires some sort of key or something else from your side. Entering Vulova's estate in your way will cause further problems with messing variables. Please return to your saved game before entering Vulova's estate. There are two options how to enter the estate. The first one is proceed with Bodhi's quest and she will give you the key from the estate eventually if you agree to kill Vulova. The second option I won't tell you . If you are very declined and/or don't want to join Bodhi you should find yourself how to get the key. Talk to Samuel, investigate Leina's room, talk to Samuel again, then find Govan and talk to him, then you'll have an idea for sure.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 05:45 am Post subject:

I did that before and I went thought it again. I talked to samuel, went up to her room, talked to samuel, went to CC and talked to govan and he said that her dad spends a lot fo time away but when in town he is at his estate. Now the door is still locked, I looked at the docks and city gates for, thinking I might find him as he was comming or going. I am not great at mysteries, any other clues???

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 07:59 am Post subject:

Okay, since it's beta-testing, you may guess Govan is cheating all the way, and pick pocket him for the key. But I really like to side with Bodhi myself and to proceed with her quests.

[EDIT] Govan lied as Vulova is not in town (you'll learn this later). He only mascarades as a drunk and will allow you to pick pocket him for the key in order to follow you in shadows then and to ease his own way to Leina. But again it's a big spoiler here.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 08:21 am Post subject:

You know I would love really like to sit down and watch someone play this game. There is so many ways to play. I have never played a game while sideing with Bodhi. I rarely use pick pocket. I got his suprize when I was leaving the maze the first time.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 09:50 am Post subject:

Chev, it's okay. The quests in NeJ2 are more complex than in the original BG2, and there are always several ways to proceed with them, hence they are real challenging and require some brain storm. Sorry for this but if you compare NeJ1 and NeJ2 the second part is very different from the first one as there is no much fighting and linear scenario but mainly the logical puzzles, various quests and quizes.

So, Govan will try to bribe you, and you'll have two options: to oppose him or to accept his offer. If you accept his offer then the scenario will dynamically continue, and there will be some other interesting encounters and surprises, and this way you'll learn the whole story till the end. If you kill him then you'll be chased by his father Duke Auberon Duvaine and authorities.

larrienne

Posted: 02 Jan 2005 03:30 pm Post subject:

Chev wrote:
You know I would love really like to sit down and watch someone play this game. There is so many ways to play. I have never played a game while sideing with Bodhi. I rarely use pick pocket. I got his suprize when I was leaving the maze the first time.

Like you Chev, I have never sided with Bodhi, for the reason I could never see my way clear to fulfil her requests. On the other hand, I never had a prob. with eliminating a few vampires. However, for beta testing, my Rhodry is taking paths that I know yield the longest game play time. I can always start again and send him down the righteous path another time. That's the joy of this game, as you say, it has so many ways to go.

I grew to love thieves when the options were limited in the original game and my thieves were always very adept in pick pocket... a necessary skill in order to equip oneself decently when first you escape Johnny's dungeon with so little... and he/she always knew how to set traps. Having a back stabbing, trap setting thief along, not many magic users, or anyone else for that matter, survived long enough to be a prob. for my group.
With the addition of Immie's super new kit and a great new swashbuckler, I now have to discover a new class to enjoy.

Long may you continue to adventure with us Chev.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 08:27 am Post subject:

Chev, did you solve the puzzle with runes and opened the doors in Halruaa? Do you need description, walkthrough etc?

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 10:19 am Post subject:

I have been slow getting back to Ulcasters I have just freed Leina, work and a cold have slowed me up.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 04 Jan 2005 12:46 pm Post subject:

I was ill for a couple of weeks myself. It was perfect time to work on NeJ though . Let me wish you to recover soon.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 07 Jan 2005 09:51 am Post subject:

I had the encounter with govans dad, hard fight, but all went well. Now more and more Duvain guards are appearing out side the CC were I had the encounter. No problem, but if others have the bug you might want to look into it.

larrienne

Posted: 07 Jan 2005 01:21 pm Post subject:

Chev wrote:
I had the encounter with govans dad, hard fight, but all went well. Now more and more Duvain guards are appearing out side the CC were I had the encounter. No problem, but if others have the bug you might want to look into it.

I returned to Athkatla after Nahlia was taken away when we emerged from stowing our gear in Ulcaster ruins. I decided to take Jan along with me to Halruaa instead of chasing her down. I also had more Duvaine guards spawn as I entered the Government district to seek him out. My encounter with Leina's father was on return to the promenade after picking up Valygar for sphere/stronghold quest. Clicking on them only gave the response *Duvaine guard has nothing to say* ... or words to that effect. Now back to Ulcaster and finally I get to go to Halruaa.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 12:21 am Post subject:

Background:

The first time I went to Ulcaster I went on my own and then after going Hulruaa I teleported back to Ulcaster when Hrothgar asked me to the second time. After getting their He acked me again and we teleported again from Ulcaster to Ulcaster.

This time:

I waited for the third time to say yes to goto Ulcaster. When I think it is time for him to ask me the game locks up. I am going back to an earlier save and sleep alot to see if my game got messed up or a bug. I will let you know.

Edit: What I thought was Hrothgar, was really Leina second long talk about the PCs past (the one with music). It sometimes locks up the game fully or 30 sec. to 2 min. loading the music.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 10:53 am Post subject:

All of Leina banters with music hang for 30 to 3 min. before they start. Does this happen for anyone else?

larrienne

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 12:07 pm Post subject:

Chev wrote:

Edit: What I thought was Hrothgar, was really Leina second long talk about the PCs past (the one with music). It sometimes locks up the game fully or 30 sec. to 2 min. loading the music.

You have music when Leina speaks

I don't Mmm?

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 08:34 pm Post subject:

Yes, I think music is problematic here, it's too long musical theme and I have to shorten it. Jan if you didn't hear the music it means something wrong is with installation. I cannot imagine you lost the files somewhere on the way.

Chev, also please take in mind there are some nasty bugs in the game which we have already discovered. If you stuck somewhere please post this at once, and I'll explain how to overcome the problem.

[EDIT] I should re-work her song as for now I did that very wrong. I forgot to include the song in the corresponding song list. May be it is a source of your problem with wrong dialogues Jan.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 11:47 pm Post subject:

The music is part of the songlist?? Vlad, can you plaese make all the music optional or better yet move it to the override folder as a wave file. BP-BGT has a full songlist

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 08 Jan 2005 11:57 pm Post subject:

I know. That is why I didn't add Leina's music to the song list and hoped that inserting it directly in her banter dialogue (the same way as all sounds are inserted) would be okay. However I haven't thought about size of the whole song compared to the size of the sounds.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 01:40 am Post subject:

When talking to Tilorn, if you answer 'You appear to have the same sense....' you get no robes and a bunch of NPCs speakup. If you answer "I will aid you...' you get the robes and no other NPC diolog.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 03:05 am Post subject:

There is a broken link to other NPCs interjections. I have already fixed this problem. You should normally reach after all NPCs interjections the following phrase (by Tilorn):

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 19
SAY ~Now, make haste, secure a safe place for your equipment and return when you are done.~ [tilorn32]
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("VP_Move_To_Halruaa","GLOBAL",1)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player1,0,0,0)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player2,0,0,0)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player3,0,0,0)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player4,0,0,0)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player5,0,0,0)
GiveItemCreate("TulRobe",Player6,0,0,0)~ EXIT
END

If you didn't then you may create all the robes for your party members through CLUAConsole:CreateItem("TulRobe"). Also you should put the following variable to 1:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("VP_Move_To_Halruaa","GLOBAL",1)

Then you may move to ruins of Ulcater, fight some skeletons, find very nice fighter gloves (the only real weapon you can bring with you to Halruaa beside Melora's short sword which she is going to hide - but don't try to equip it by the way whilst you are in Halruaa), and leave all your weapons, missiles, armour including helmets there. Everything you don't secure and leave there will be lost upon arrival to Halruaa. Return to Tilorn and he will send you back in time.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 03:15 am Post subject:

1. In one of the first houses, you'll find a letter (Vrielle --> Brial). Please drop it at once there, and create the following letter:

CLUAConsole:CreateItem("TuLette1")

2. Also when you reach the museum please summon Master-Illusionist there:

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("TuVashon")

3.The spell "Vashon's Dimension Door" is bugged in the way you should memorise it in order to cast. You cannot cast it from the scroll.

4. When you'll have a guided tour in Halruaa, please write down the sequence of runes in order to step over them (to activate them) exactly in the same order.

5. If you feel you cannot stop escaping mage from the group of Tertia (he is running to alarm academy on intruders), so try to sneak through this group without any fight. Otherwise if he reaches the guards there the whole academy will be launched against you.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 04:50 am Post subject:

I removed all the weapons from my yeti pelt bag, but Tilorn still took it.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 10:18 am Post subject:

Do you mean he reached somehow the Ulcaster ruins and took your items from there?

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 05:02 pm Post subject:

No, I had the yeti pelt bag on me, but with no weapons or armour in it. When I get to Halruaan it is no longer in my inventory.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 09 Jan 2005 05:11 pm Post subject:

Chev, it's okay. I have secured no item would be taken to Halruaa because some items can be brought in the bag there.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 06:59 am Post subject:

I still have my older install, but I wanted to do a fresh install with NeJ2v21b.rar. Well I installed everything, but I remember 1 error during install, but it said everything installed ok. The bug I get is every NeJ diolog can't be seen. BG2 diolog can be seen or read. I can click though NeJ diolog, but can't see it. Any Idea why?? I will reinstall it tomorrow, just don't want to make the same mistake.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 15 Jan 2005 06:21 pm Post subject:

Your dialog.tlk is not readable during installation. I suspect it is read-only or old or something like this. Please check that all files in your BG2 folder including all files of NeJ2v2.1b have no read-only attribute.

Chev
Tutor

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 09:15 am Post subject:

I got it to work!!! It was my fault I think. I had not change the dir info in the baldur.ini before install.

Vlad, you are running out of bandwidth, I think it is because of DLing NeJ2. Maybe you should move it to the wizards site (with a note that it doesn't work with BP and BP-BGT, and it is a beta 'use at own risk')

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 04:55 pm Post subject:

Chev wrote:
Vlad, you are running out of bandwidth, I think it is because of DLing NeJ2. Maybe you should move it to the wizards site (with a note that it doesn't work with BP and BP-BGT, and it is a beta 'use at own risk')

Oh, please no. While it is very nice of the Wizard to host so many files, that is the most bandwidth limited, slow, ftp server mirror I have ever used! Perhaps leave a copy here at least? Or some other alternate mirrors in addition to the Wizards site? It's a big file, and with broadband I can download a copy in several minutes...on the wizards site, it's many, many hours...

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 16 Jan 2005 06:37 pm Post subject:

I have already removed TS v6.0 from my download page. NeJ2 is still under the question. I have 2.5 GB daily limit and it takes only 8 downloads of the file after that my site is temporarily closed for one day. I cannot afford more than 75 GB per month, so I have already asked Bob TheWizard to host this file. I would prefer the forum is active for 24/7 than people waste my bandwidth for downloads. Eventually I can move this file to another private location if you need.