larrienne

Posted: 20 Jan 2005 08:33 am Post subject: larrienne/Rhodry in NeJ1.& 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here we are again in the snowy wastes. NeJ2v21b. my original installation was well and truly *frelled*...so now playing with this newer version. I'm even beginning to like snow.

Aldwin's store no lomger has a gem bag and scroll case for sale Vlad. did you take these items out or have they gone astray?

Still, with the yeti bag and potion bag I guess they aren't too important at this stage, we can travel back to Kuldahar and sell our goodies whenever we get overloaded.

Last edited by larrienne on 21 Mar 2005 06:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

larrienne

Posted: 24 Jan 2005 10:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hrothgar/Imoen banter re- youth and romance.

This banter was abruptly cut short with Hrothgar saying:

Hrothgar
...and that my dear Imoen, is all you are going to hear. No broken heart, no tragedy, in fact, I am content with the way my life has turned out and I have no regrets whatsoever.

There should have been one more response from both of them as follows:
Imoen:
Wow, I didn’t expect to hear your life story Hrothgar. It could definitely do with some more action, what do you say? Maybe this trip will put some into it for you.

Hrothgar:
(*Rolls his eyes*)...and may the gods protect me from the exuberance of youth on this expedition! END.

I reloaded as I had a QS. just before and the same occurred again.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 01:13 pm Post subject:

Thank you. I have included this in my list.

larrienne

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 04:38 pm Post subject:

Rhodry is at long last continuing his journey.
John is doing such a thorough job in his testing of the mod that I doubt I shall encounter much that he hasn't already discovered.
Great work John.

I have just left Kuldahar via portal and as John pointed out Dar does indeed say the same thing at both the portal and the astrolabe.
It may be an idea if the Dar *At The portal* dialogue only triggers if he travels with them to the future from the Severed Hand, if PC travels to Kuldahar, then it triggers at the portal in Arundel's house?

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 26 Feb 2005 07:51 pm Post subject:

larrienne wrote:
Rhodry is at long last continuing his journey.
John is doing such a thorough job in his testing of the mod that I doubt I shall encounter much that he hasn't already discovered.
Great work John.

Thanks Jan. It probably stems from my what I do in RL, which is an Instrument/ Electrical mechanic, technician. I have to be very thorough, and I'm fixing stuff all day long...couple that with my passion for this game... I just hope I don't overwhelm with my long posts! Heh

larrienne

Posted: 27 Feb 2005 09:03 pm Post subject:

Rhodry is now beginning his search for Leina.
After searching Leina's room, dialogue and NPC interjections *Leina's Room* did not occur after reading Govan's letter Vlad.
As I recall it was fine in my previous installation, so I was surprised not to see it this time.

larrienne

Posted: 20 Mar 2005 08:32 pm Post subject:

Rhodry has at last reached the same point in the game that John has and can not continue.. the next exit CTD. as reported by John.
I can not add anything to John's observations except to say that I encountered the same probs he has so painstakingly reported and had to resolve in much the same way, Clua:move to area or Ctrl *J*.
Neat work John.

One observation re-Vashon illusionist quest. I sent Rhodry in uncloaked and Hazarlich said the same thing to him he said to him when I sent him in cloaked... words to the effect he had no business being here, I can't recall exact words.
I know I have written the dialogue should Hazarlich discover PC. but it didn't trigger on his being discovered. Did you decide against this part of the dialogue for some reason Vlad? Was it too long maybe?

All other dialogues are fine.

I didn't find Antaeus, diviner quest. Refresh my memory please Vlad, was it decided not to include this one after all?

Your work putting together Halruaa has resulted in a fantastic and very impressive area which has been a joy to discover...
So much so in fact that I became so engrossed in wanting to complete the ROM. quest that it was 4am. when I eventually crawled up the stairs to my bed this morning... I really must get a life
My only excuse is that once you enter the BG. world, time itself becomes unreal and slips away unnoticed.

Words fail me Vlad, you done real good! .
I wait patiently for Rhodry's next move... to find and deactivate the infernal device that Hulruaa intends to use against Ulcaster.

larrienne

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 06:24 pm Post subject:

Vlad, I forgot to mention, some of Leina's SS. only showed text and no sound...her in a dungeon phrases are one such example.
While at times she quoted other NPC's phrases in text form, mostly Hrothgar's replies to PC. from NeJ1.

I'll continue to wait your fixing of necromancer quest etc and then I can continue forward.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 06:49 pm Post subject:

Jan, if I feel better I'll upload the new version tomorrow when reach my lab. I have finished sound conversion neither for Leina nor for Melora. I should work on this too.

larrienne

Posted: 21 Mar 2005 09:02 pm Post subject:

No rush Vlad.
Know that I am thinking of you and that I wish you well. Please, give yourself enough time to fully recover before heading back to the rat race of work

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 06:52 am Post subject:

larrienne wrote:

Your work putting together Halruaa has resulted in a fantastic and very impressive area which has been a joy to discover...
So much so in fact that I became so engrossed in wanting to complete the ROM. quest that it was 4am. when I eventually crawled up the stairs to my bed this morning... I really must get a life
My only excuse is that once you enter the BG. world, time itself becomes unreal and slips away unnoticed.

Words fail me Vlad, you done real good!

You know Jan, this is probably one of the highest compliments to give a modder. I can't speak for Vlad, but I would imagine he has to be somewhat pleased to know that he has created and put together something so engrossing, and captivating that we forget ourselves and keep on playing till the wee hours.

If I had $100 for every time my wife walked in on me playing Baldur's Gate and NeJ2 late into the late night... I'd be a rich man...

Wife: "Whaaat!?! Are you crazy?! It's 3 in the morning?! Are you going to stay up all night...AGAIN?"

The Mutt: "But Sweetheart... I have to complete this critical beta testing... Umm... So the space shuttle will land okay. NASA is depending on me! "

Wife: *Walks over to screen... see's right through my flimsy attempt at beguilement* "... Un huh... That doesn't look like a space shuttle to me! More of your games... you better go to bed or you'll be in big trouble! You can always play again tommorrow. Just save the game "

The Mutt: "Umm (still trying to eke out a little more playing time)... okay sweetheart... as soon as I get to a good point, I'll save the game and come to bed (show her how I can't save while hostiles are around...)"

Wife: *makes that 'sigh' that only wives can make, and stomps off*

The Mutt: *Dang... I thought she was sound asleep...quickly saves the game, shuts down the computer, and rushes off to sleep... for a couple of hours and then end up tired all next day along with Wife's '...told you so's...' and 'crazy idiot'... From which I can tell she definitely loves me...*

Ahh life is very good.

larrienne

Posted: 22 Mar 2005 12:10 pm Post subject:

John the mutt

Quote:
Wife: *makes that 'sigh' that only wives can make, and stomps off*

Ahh life is very good.

I am sure that since the release of The Child of Bhaal series, there are a lot of husbands who have discovered how to make that same sigh John.

I have a partner who spends as much time and as late with his computer as I do at mine, so there is no sighing in my household... only two very bleary eyed zombies walking arouind the house the following day

Or it could it just be that I am not a wife and maybe this *sigh* is only a wifey thing after all.

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 23 Mar 2005 02:45 am Post subject:

Heh, your probably right Jan, about some husbands... somewhere... making the same sigh (over a PC game)... they just don't live in our solar system! Just kidding, but who knows?

Quote:
I have a partner who spends as much time and as late with his computer as I do at mine, so there is no sighing in my household... only two very bleary eyed zombies walking arouind the house the following day

Hehe, Jan I know what you mean about 'bleary eyed zombie'. I can only imagine that I'd be much worse if my wife encouraged me...

larrienne

Posted: 02 Apr 2005 07:30 pm Post subject:

Jan’s findings in mage quest dialogues.

I haven’t met with Ezekial yet but I will soon enough.

Xan is the only mage that remains in the area if PC. decides to delay the test, I guess he is the only mage not busy embroiled in Hakruaa’s affairs. All dialogues ok here.
One phrase has an extra word that is not in original writing. It could also have been worded better.

Xan: (After1st. Successful casting)
Well I never expected, fate is indeed on your side.
The word expected shouldn’t be here and *Well I never*, is an exclamation of surprise, so this is a mistake on my part and it should have been written thus
Xan: (After1st. Successful casting)
Well I never! Fate is indeed on your side

Conjuror: Mordecai.
I reloaded several times but Rhodry wasn’t able to fail Mordecai’s elemental summoning test so unable to test dialogue for failing that part of the quest. Everything else ok.

Transmuter: Malvolio. All paths ok here.

Abjurer:Phineas . All ok.

Theodoran: Invoker. When Rhodry fled the room due to severity of injuries Theodoran dismissed the attempt as abysmal, teleported out and the game then hung at this point. Only way out was to Alt.F4. and reload.
Passing the test dialogue and outcome was ok.
This quest Vlad. I love it, but the nature of it is such that an ill prepared PC/mage. will die, and as it is not the tutors wishes to kill their students, is it not possible to have Theodoran teleport PC/mage out before death occurs... triggering test failed? After all, Theodoran’s words on PC/mage returning after failure are...*... I had no option but to abort the test etc...*
Also this phrase reads better if written thus:*... I had no option other than to abort the test etc...*

Illusionist: Vashon. We have already talked re-findings here.
Two other minor points. When Hazarlich speaks to PC/mage, should this not be an indication that he/she has been discovered, triggering a quest failure dialogue? Unless of course PC/mage is protected by *non detection spell*, in which case Hazarlich probably shouldn’t be able to
detect him/her in order to speak and should then remain silent.
Now re-entering the museum via the balcony...PC. has not visited balcony area and therefore has no indication that it will lead back to the museum and he/she should use dimension door spell in order to reach it.

A couple of typing errors on my part Vlad. Sorry for these.
Co-ordinator’s tour.
Co-ordinator Phrase: Each school at present consists of etc... forfeit the ability to learn spells from the the opposing school. One too many *the*.

Melora/PC.Tula dlg.
A minor error here but with the little word *of* missing between the words *middle* and *the*it reads sloppy.
Melora’s reply to CH7. Beginning phrase:
Me melodramatic!...
Well I for one am not too happy at being caught in the middle of the affairs of wizards.

Having Nahlia and Aerie in group prompt the option of choosing one of them to take the tests instead of PC. However, if either are chosen, then the game hangs after the tutor has finished speaking.. No way out other than to AltF4 and reload.
There is no option to choose Jan or Edwin even if they are in group.
I tested these paths by using the CLUA Console to bring them into the group individually. This may of course, have been the wrong way to go about this.

Now to continue to ROM.

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 08:54 am Post subject:

larrienne wrote:

This quest Vlad. I love it, but the nature of it is such that an ill prepared PC/mage. will die, and as it is not the tutors wishes to kill their students, is it not possible to have Theodoran teleport PC/mage out before death occurs... triggering test failed?

Jan, I died a few times here also. These spiders are some of the toughest around. They mow through summons like a hot knife through butter. One thing that helped me out a lot was equipping the Rithtellium Mace (It's okay in this area) with its constant Improved Alacrity (cheesy...I know ), you can really nail these guys. One time I hit these guys with a malison and 3 ADHW in a row and still had a couple of the fellers left! Ha! I love this battle!

larrienne wrote:
Having Nahlia and Aerie in group prompt the option of choosing one of them to take the tests instead of PC. However, if either are chosen, then the game hangs after the tutor has finished speaking.. No way out other than to AltF4 and reload.
There is no option to choose Jan or Edwin even if they are in group.
I tested these paths by using the CLUA Console to bring them into the group individually. This may of course, have been the wrong way to go about this.

Jan, I have Edwin in my party and the only times that I can recall him having any interaction (during a test) was with the PC during Xan's test. He actually doesn't talk with Xan, instead there is just dialogue about the PC trying to persuade Edwin to take the test for the party. Briefly, Edwin is glaring at Xan and refuses to take the test and no matter what the PC seems to do, he cannot change Edwins mind. The PC then tells Xan that the test cannot continue because Edwin refuses, etc. Of course, it's nice that Xan does not leave (except for failed attempt) and we can try again...

larrienne

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 11:34 am Post subject:

Quote:
Jan, I have Edwin in my party and the only times that I can recall him having any interaction (during a test) was with the PC during Xan's test. He actually doesn't talk with Xan, instead there is just dialogue about the PC trying to persuade Edwin to take the test for the party. Briefly, Edwin is glaring at Xan and refuses to take the test and no matter what the PC seems to do, he cannot change Edwins mind. The PC then tells Xan that the test cannot continue because Edwin refuses, etc. Of course, it's nice that Xan does not leave (except for failed attempt) and we can try again...

Then all seems as it should be with Edwin after all. Thanks for clarifying that John.

Quote:
Jan, I died a few times here also. These spiders are some of the toughest around. They mow through summons like a hot knife through butter. One thing that helped me out a lot was equipping the Rithtellium Mace (It's okay in this area) with its constant Improved Alacrity (cheesy...I know ), you can really nail these guys. One time I hit these guys with a malison and 3 ADHW in a row and still had a couple of the fellers left! Ha! I love this battle!

I too enjoy having to think of ways other than brute force in order to kill these spiders. More difficult not having obtained the rhithtellium weapons yet. They can sure move fast.

You can also equip the +3 weapons made by an *enchant weapon* spell in these areas and the sewers John. Useful before you take out the smugglers and for characters who can not use them

larrienne

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 01:20 pm Post subject:

Proceeding with Ezekiel's quest.

After speaking to and accepting his quest Ezekiel disappears, but as he says he will be here when we are done I carried on to the sewers.

Entering the mausoleum and WoW!... about turn and re-enter better prepared.
We dispatch the doom guards AND the shade lich who appears before we can finish DG's. A couple of reloads later and we have our body and some pretty good stuff. Only to find we can not exit the tomb.

So, another reload, boost Melora's strength and speed. she runs in disarms traps and grabs what goodies she can and the body before lich appears. She then gets out whilst the door is open, missing out on some real good stuff.

Back to Ezekiel, or at least to his empty room Do we have to go search the academy for him Vlad as he is not on this floor at all and please, how do we exit the mausoleum after dispatching all its guards?

In the meantime I will continue with ROM quest until Ezekiel can be found.

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 08:38 pm Post subject:

larrienne wrote:
You can also equip the +3 weapons made by an *enchant weapon* spell in these areas and the sewers John. Useful before you take out the smugglers and for characters who can not use them

Thanks for reminding me of that Jan. I always forget about that spell, and especially here, it is extremely useful!

larrienne wrote:
After speaking to and accepting his quest Ezekiel disappears, but as he says he will be here when we are done I carried on to the sewers.

Jan, I think that Ezekiel is a little buggy still. When I tested him out, it seemed to me that he left or stayed depending on what dialogue options I picked to get his test/quest. He shouldn't leave when he says he'll be right here when you get back. Sometimes he stays though. There was a similar problem with Vashon too, I believe.

I talked to Ezekiel only briefly as a side trip when I was doing RoM quest. But then aborted it when some issues like the above occured. I'll test him out more thouroughly now though, because I'm going through the specialist tests.

Jan, I'm interested in what you find with the RoM quest. The only major bug that I can find with it is when killing Bartlemy & Pung causes the academy to go hostile. I would be very interested if you find the same thing...

larrienne

Posted: 03 Apr 2005 10:45 pm Post subject:

JohnTheMutt wrote:
Jan, I'm interested in what you find with the RoM quest. The only major bug that I can find with it is when killing Bartlemy & Pung causes the academy to go hostile. I would be very interested if you find the same thing...

John, the academy turning hostile when killing Bartlemy and Pung, as you say, seems to be the only major bug to be found.
Hopefully when Vlad has time to add the new dialogue the quest will be concluded successfully, eg. reward from Lavallin, the opportunity to go back to Bartlemy with the ring or even return to Lavallin to deliver the ring into the academy's safe keeping...although why PC. should want to do this I have no idea.

I did find that if PC. refuses Lavallin's request the group cannot exit his room.
This is true also if you discover and tell Lavallin of the portal but refuse to investigate further. It seems the only way to leave his room is by accepting the quest and speaking with Bartlemy. What is it with me and locating exits? I have a group locked in the mausoleum as well

As for Ezekiel's quest John, I re-loaded to play through all dialogue options as I have with all the mage quests now, and still he disappeared after PC. accepted the quest, so yes it is still buggy.
I was desperate to see what Vlad had done with the mausoleum where the body is so I saved and re-loaded in order to continue to explore this quest.

Ah well forward to the search for the Leveller, but not tonight.

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 04 Apr 2005 04:17 am Post subject:

Quote:
I have a group locked in the mausoleum as well

Same here Jan. I am going through Ezekiels test now. My first time I went in unprepared AND on top of that some Devil Shades followed me in from down the hall. Well Dar died but luckily everyone else made it through a very tough fight.

The exit disappeared for me as well. I CLUA'd MoveToArea TT0067 (Ezekiels quarters) and Ezekiel was there and even though I had the body he declared it a failure. It might be because I teleported into his chamber. I'll try moving to a different area first and then speaking with him. At least this way I can keep the loot...

Quote:
As for Ezekiel's quest John, I re-loaded to play through all dialogue options as I have with all the mage quests now, and still he disappeared after PC. accepted the quest, so yes it is still buggy.

Jan, after trying this out some more, I also can not seem to find anything consistent with Ezekiel. Sometimes he leaves and sometimes not...

larrienne

Posted: 04 Apr 2005 03:44 pm Post subject:

Vlad, I have completed the ROM. quest but after reading through John's findings, I find I would only be repeating his words. I have nothing to add to his extremely detailed report ... apart from the bug I mentioned previously re-no exit from Lavallin's room if PC. refuses his quest.

I feel that all his observations, comments and suggestions are excellent. It's really good to see a tester who not only tests but has ideas on how to improve what he finds.
Great work John.
Myself, I will move onto the leveller quest and hopefully finally escaping Halruaa.

Vlad
Admin

Posted: 04 Apr 2005 04:05 pm Post subject:

Quote:
It's really good to see a tester who not only tests but has ideas on how to improve what he finds.
Great work John.

Yes, I agree that John is an extremely valuable tester! I feel he is a real team member! \_/ \_/ \_/

larrienne

Posted: 04 Apr 2005 10:05 pm Post subject:

The artifact quest.
I never got to touch on this one with previous version but I see what you mean by inconsistency here Vlad.
Dlg. after finding Vrielle's letter to Brial continually mentions that the group must search for Vrielle's letter in Garron's quarters when in fact, the group should be looking for directions written by Brial to Garron.
I will correct this dlg. and send to you.

Also dialogues with Dhailan, Arvilais and Jiri re- Looking for Brial, should trigger when PC. has Vrielle's letter from Sebastian mentioning that Brial is to find Garrion in order to bring him to the meeting, and not as I have mistakenly written, when PC. finds Vrielle's letter to Brial in Brial's rooms
If spoken to, both Dhailan and Arvilais respond with random mage phrases. If spoken to before Jiri, PC. should have the opportunity to ask about Brial's whereabouts.
Also Vlad, when PC. gets close to Jiri in this scenario is it possible for him to move to the group and to initiate dialogue as player may not think to speak to him again? Only a thought here.

Dialogue with mage encountered when searching for Brial in senior tutor's quarters OK. I have yet to re-load and play scenario where she sees through PC. and attacks but will do so tomorrow.

Looking for Garron.
Once again when spoken to the mage Moradz responded with random mage phrases. PC. should have the opportunity to ask about Garron here.

When spoken to, Chaileun Kal-Vu'Ryi also only responds with random mage phrases instead of dialogue which directs PC to the elemental school and Garron's whereabouts.

Well that's about as far as I have got tonight.
I'm now going to force myself away from my computer to watch a programme about Petra and the Jordan desert, which as you know Vlad, I hope to ride on horseback later this year. Fitness permitting.

JohnTheMutt
Expert

Posted: 05 Apr 2005 04:42 am Post subject:

Vlad wrote:
Quote:
It's really good to see a tester who not only tests but has ideas on how to improve what he finds.
Great work John.

Yes, I agree that John is an extremely valuable tester! I feel he is a real team member! \_/ \_/ \_/

Thank you both, for your kind comments! It's an honor to be a part of your team and I enjoy to help in whatever way I can. I'm also very flattered that two very talented people, such as yourselves, like some of my ideas. Thank you again. \_/