Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress Report
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey > Beta Testing
Vlad
...or what is left to be done to release NeJ2 parts 1+2.

1. Implementing already recorded sounds (voiced banters) for all our NPCs, converting sounds to compressed audio format and adding them to the corresponding dialogues.
2. Very minor bug fixes in Halruaa.
3. Minor bug fixing of Leina's quest.
4. Coding several new banters.
5. Making new portraits for Leina, Hrothgar and Tilorn.
6. Preventing messengers from visiting Halruaa, temporarily stopping essential SoA timers.
7. Improving AI of mages in Halruaa.
8. Fixing the beginning of Dar's quest.
9. Coding Leina's romantic banters and flirts.

NeJ2 part 3 will be shorter than the previous two episodes and will include three major NPCs' quests:

1. Dar's quest.
2. Melora's quest.
3. Taffic's appearance and starting his quest.
al17
hi vlad,

first, I don't know if I can post here. If it isn't so, sorry smile.gif

second... I'm happy you are working on nej part 3 but I think it would be more sense to fix the bugs in nej part 2 before to start to add new contents.
Vlad
to fix the bugs in nej part 2...

Well, I didn't know that NeJ2 has been already finally released. smile.gif
al17
Well, I didn't know that NeJ2 has been already finally released

I know the current version is a beta, but I think I found a lot of bugs in part 1. This part was changed too?
Vlad
If you mean the first (very old) edition of the mod till v1.4 then it cannot be compared to the second edition. When Larrienne started to work on this mod it became absolutely different game, with new NPCs, their interactions, new areas, plots and items as well as a new scenario eventually.
al17
these are the first lines of tp2:

BACKUP ~NeJ2/backup~

AUTHOR ~Vlad & Larrienne~

BEGIN ~Never Ending Journey Part 1 v2.0b~

//______________________________________//
//                                      //
//  Never Ending Journey Part 1 v1.9b  //
//                                      //

excepting some minor bugs (for example the axe to destroy undead that doesn't destroy undead smile.gif ) I found this two things I think they need a quick fix:

1^ bug: there is nothing in the .2das for Dar (interdia.2da pdialog.2da), even if I think there should be some banters and/or interjections (dialogs simply end after a "continue").

2^ bug: when you begin the quest with the lizard king, if you return to the city and try to speak to the druid (Alaun.... something smile.gif ), he transports the party to the first area of the previous quest. I must use cluaconsole to continue the mod.
Vlad
Thank you al17 for the testing efforts. Well, if you look into beta-testing of other people that I have intentionally posted here then you see that most of the problems have been already reported and fixed. I would really highly recommend to wait for the next beta-version release. The version you are playing is of at least several months old, and it's worthwile to refrain from testing it. It's needless to say that the new version

CODE
BACKUP ~NeJ2/backup~

AUTHOR ~Vlad & Larrienne~

BEGIN ~Never Ending Journey Part 1 v2.7b~

//                                      //
//  Never Ending Journey Part 1 v2.7b   //

CODE
//  Never Ending Journey Part 2 v4.8b   //

BEGIN ~Never Ending Journey Part 2 v4.8b~

will inculde new components such as

CODE
///////////////////////////////
//Adding Modified Jaheira
///////////////////////////////

BEGIN ~Priest of Sylvanus (Druid) Kit and Improved Character Jaheira.~

new dialogues, new items and improved Halruaa quest.
al17
I think I've just finished nej part 1 (I'm in the irenicus dungeon again).

can I reinstall the latest version of the mod?
Vlad
Sure. You'll need to 'update' your saved game because custom strings it contains will be different after you install a new version, or just start a new game and enjoy new appearance of Jaheira. I'm doing my best to finish testing and to upload a new version next week.
al17
thank you for the answer. well... I think I'll try an install of the latest version smile.gif
mysterium
What's up with NEJ2??? This week has passed and it didn't appear - hmmm. If you have any job to do and i can help, I'm open to propositions. Though, I'm concerned about it, please reply for my post, an d at least say where the project is with its progress and try to estimate the date of reliese....

P.S. Does the spell list, which you gave me Vlad, also include TS mod, or just NEJ2???
blink.gif
Vlad
I'm testing the mod myself right now and fixing minor problems. Unfortunately I don't have much time right now, and that is why it takes too long.

P.S. Does the spell list, which you gave me Vlad, also include TS mod, or just NEJ2???

No, it's only NeJ2.
mysterium
hello again. Thanks Vlad for your patience with my questions. Thus I'm curious how the development of the mod (NEJ2) is going?? I can't wait to be able to dive into this fantastic world of creativity and imagination. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.