Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GUI/CHU
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Sir-Kill
I was wondering if the GUIINV CHU and the INVENTOR GUI have any hardcoded isues that I might encounter or have to be aware of. I am changing the C bams to 64x64 and coloring the I bams.

Does the INVENTOR have to be the same size that it is now? I am running out of room on the size that it is now. If not, does it have to be a multiple of some number or can it be anything at or under 800x600? can I just un-check 'has background'
LadeJarl
A week is a little late to post this but...

You can make the background as big as 640X480 if you wish to, but you will have no space for portraits and such. If one of the sub screens overlaps the portrait window the portraits will shine through the subscreen background.

There should be no problem in coloring the inventory bams, just remember that the symbols in the slots are separate bams.

Two more things: The engine seems to want the selected button to be the third frame in the sequence. This does not affect all the buttons though, and can't
move a controll fom one window to another.
Sir-Kill
wow, heh must of missed this reply thanks for the info. I was not going to use the whole area but most of it the buttons and portraits will still be there but I might have to remove the papperdoll or at least put it in a very odd place (that and I can completely forget of making papperdoll animations, I don't need that kind of hastle)
I am not quite sure what the third button and control all means I have seen them but I 'll just have to keep working on it.
thanks again.
LadeJarl
A button can have four states: unpressed, pressed, selected and disabled, each equiring a frame in an animation sequence. Allthough DLTC allows you to point
a state to any frame in a bam sequence, the engine ignores the information in the
chu files and points the "selected" state to the third frame. This hardcoded issue does not affect all buttons though.
Sir-Kill
I think I get it now. without having it in front of me I am just imagining it (at work) thanks again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.