Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: MoveToSavedLocationn(S:GLOBAL*,S:Area*)
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
jastey
Hi,
what I want to do is:

-teleport the PC and one NPC into another area
-play a cutscene and some dialogue
-move PC and NPC back to where they were

Problem: I do not know in which area they were when the teleporting took place.

I guess the actions "SaveObjectLocation" and "MoveToSavedLocationn(S:GLOBAL*,S:Area*)" are the ones to use here?

My code for the teleporting is
CODE
IF
     True()
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId("ajantis")
    ClearAllActions()
    SaveObjectLocation("GLOBAL","LOCX#AjRomAjantis","ajantis")
    SaveObjectLocation("GLOBAL","LOCX#AjRomPlayer1",Player1)
    FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(1)
    LeaveAreaLUA("AR1402","",[900.700],0)
    ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1402","",[1024.1072],9))
    MoveViewPoint([1070.905],INSTANT)
    Wait(1)
    FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    EndCutSceneMode()
    Dialog(Myself)
END

And for moving back I used
CODE
IF
     True()
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId("ajantis")
    ClearAllActions()
    FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(1)
ActionOverride(Player1,MoveToSavedLocationn("LOCX#AjRomPlayer1","GLOBAL")
    MoveToSavedLocationn("LOCX#AjRomAjantis","GLOBAL")
    Wait(1)
    FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    EndCutSceneMode()
END

but it is not working, PC and NPC remain in the other area and do *not* move back to the starting area.

The variables "LOCX#AjRomPlayer1" and "LOCX#AjRomAjantis" are set (checked with Shadowkeeper).

I'm not sure whether it is a syntax error (WeiDU installer does not complain) or whether I am using the wrong action codes for this purpose.

Thank you for any help.
dragon_lord
StorePartyLocations()
RestorePartyLocations()

are what you want. EDIT: Unless ajantis isnt actually in the party (i assumed he was). StorePartyLocations() actually works across save game reloads - the iesdp is wrong in this regard.
jastey
That did it!! Thank you, dragon lord! biggrin.gif

Just in case someone is interested in the correct code, this is the one that worked (EDIT: Yes, it is for Ajantis in the party):
CODE
IF
     True()
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId("ajantis")
    ClearAllActions()
    StorePartyLocations()
    FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(1)
    LeaveAreaLUA("AR1402","",[900.700],0)
    ActionOverride(Player1,LeaveAreaLUA("AR1402","",[1024.1072],9))
    MoveViewPoint([1070.905],INSTANT)
    Wait(1)
    FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    EndCutSceneMode()
    Dialog(Myself)
END

CODE
IF
     True()
THEN
   RESPONSE #100
    CutSceneId("ajantis")
    ClearAllActions()
    FadeToColor([20.0],0)
    Wait(1)
    RestorePartyLocations()
    Wait(1)
    FadeFromColor([20.0],0)
    EndCutSceneMode()
END

IESDP: Either I'm blind, or "StorePartyLocations()" and "RestorePartyLocations()" are not listed in BGII:ToB Action triggers in the IESDP online version. confused.gif
dragon_lord
IESDP: Either I'm blind, or "StorePartyLocations()" and "RestorePartyLocations()" are not listed in BGII:ToB Action triggers in the IESDP online version. confused.gif

Yep, you're blind wink.gif . They are action 236 and 237.
jastey
blink.gif OK I guess I have to train more with using the "Find on this page"-browser search option... I did use it, now I wonder what I actually typed into.
Thank you dragon lord!
Galactygon
Unfortunately, the only method to execute that action is what Dragon_lord mentioned above, since all the other ones are broken.

-Galactygon
jastey
Meaning there would be no possibility to "teleport" a non-party character as mentioned between areas?
Avenger_teambg
The problem with movetosavedlocationn/saveobjectlocation (aside from their multiply flawed syntax) is it doesn't store orientation and area.

But you are saved!
Check: 277 EscapeAreaObjectMove biggrin.gif
If you don't want to show the guy moving out, you could try to fade the screen, or something like that.
jastey
QUOTE(Avenger_teambg @ Jul 24 2005, 01:41 PM)
Check: 277 EscapeAreaObjectMove

Would I use this instead of " LeaveAreaLUA()"? What would be the advantage?
devSin
You wouldn't ever use LeaveAreaLua*() for a NPC. Instead you'd use the various actions that move a creature object to a different area.

EscapeAreaMove() can be useful if you're going to do EscapeArea() anyway (EscapeAreaObjectMove() just lets you specify an object in the current area so that the creature escapes in the right direction).

Most likely, you'll just want to use MoveBetweenAreas() (or MoveBetweenAreasEffect(), except that the effect and move happen simultaneously; it looks pretty dumb with no delay between the effect and move).
jastey
Why wouldn't I use "LeaveAreaLua*()" for an NPC? For what would I use it?
I really don't know. I used "LeaveAreaLUA()" for the NPC and PC in the cutscene now and it seems to work fine...
Avenger_teambg
I misunderstood you, i thought you don't have a way to move an npc to a specific position smile.gif
devSin
Honestly, simply because it's never been used in that fashion. It's possible that it works because you're doing them together, but I think LeaveArea* actions load the destination area regardless, and this obviously makes no sense for an NPC. I really would suggest sticking to MoveBetweenAreas() for NPCs, but it may be something that won't make any difference in the game.

LeaveAreaLua() is used when you want to move PCs to a new area (the new area has to be loaded, otherwise your PCs will just disappear and it's likely the cutscene will stall).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.