Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dialog in strange times
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
scorping
Sometimes in the history window i see dialog text happening with the pc n npc. Once I n Minsc got silenced so he started to sign language me about something, cant remember what. But my sis got another weird one with the war dog talking.
Baronius
What game is this? BG or BG2? (So we can move to the proper forum)

Could you be more specific? The characters get bored if you don't do anything with them and they complain in some way. But war dog talking? Where? I know of only Black Bears talking, in BG1.
scorping
BG2 here they are.
scorping
And more
scorping
more
Rabain
What mods do you have installed?

I have noticed this sometimes with Tutu...good though it is! I don't know how Tutu effects BG2 though either...if at all!

Though honestly this can happen when you install a mod, then delete the weidu log file and trying reinstall mods again...you fubar your strings in the dialog.tlk, iirc...
scorping
ehh...... that may have happen with TBP and SOS and TDD and a few others tongue.gif
scorping
But doesnt explain sign language conversation minsc has with me after a battle and still silenced.

*edited* also it was pure bg2 patched before TOB expansion.
Baronius
Symptoms of modding... some of the war dog's sound references in the talk table file were replaced. Either by you accidently or by a mod, exactly as Rabain has described it.
scorping
QUOTE(scorping @ Apr 10 2005, 01:58 PM)
But doesnt explain sign language conversation minsc has with me after a battle and still silenced.

*edited* also it was pure bg2 patched before TOB expansion.

That was a few months back before mods etc.

As to the war dog... at least i get entertained during the battle tongue.gif
scorping
Ok silenced my guys and got this bunch of i dont know what.. using talk icon on each of the party.
scorping
And one more.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.