Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bestial Animations V2 (Patch) released!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
Galactygon
With a few bugfixes and a minor feature or two, you may grab the new patch in the attatchment below. You may install this on top of any mod Bestial Animations is normally compatible with.

I'll list the changes here:

Fixes:
- Pit Fiend animation
- Myconid (red) animation

New Features:
- Basilisk, Greater animation
- Corrected Abishai creatures
- Better-looking [ghoul] reveant, and [ghoul] ghast

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/lostcr...oads/Patch2.EXE

-Galactygon
Nerik
I'm getting 'unexpected end of archive' when I try and open this one.

Charles
Galactygon
Reuploaded. Try again please.

-Galactygon
Nerik
It still has the same problem: more details
I'm attempting to open it in WinRar
The file is 2329 Kb in size
The error message is "! C:\Program Files\Black Isle\Zip files etc\Baldur's Gate II\Avatars\LC_BAnim_Patch_V2.zip: Unexpected end of archive"

The file when opened has the following directory structure:
"LC_BAnim_Patch_V2.zip\LC_BAnimations_Patch2\backup\0 - ZIP archive, unpacked size 200,246 bytes"

containing a single file:
MTANCGU.bam, with a size of 200,246

I hope this lot helps,

Charles
Nerik
Hello again,

Sorry to be a pain, but I still can't get this to download - I'm using Opera (on WinXP) and I'm attempting to open the file using WinRAR - I've tried clearing the cache but I still get the same problem I described above. As no-one else has complained, I'm beginning to suspect it is just my me. sad.gif

Charles
Sir-Kill
I just tried, just to check, and I get similar warnings, I use firefox and I tried with EI both are bad.
Galactygon
I repackaged the entire patch and included an extra feature: restored Tasloi animation.

Get it at: http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/lostcr...oads/Patch2.EXE

-Galactygon
Nerik
Err... I'm still having problems...

What does
"C:\PROGRA~1\BLACKI~1\Patch2.EXE
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:7eab IP:9d5b OP:ab 7e 46 32 00 Choose 'Close' to terminate the appliction."
Mean?

unsure.gif

Charles
Rabain
I get exactly the same thing when trying to run the patch!

(Just so Nerik doesn't think he (?) is going mad!) smile.gif
Galactygon
I think it's the new BulletProof FTP program I have tried for the Mac (since the previous one expired some time ago).

I'll upload it a different way, ASAP.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Tired of having to work with a buggy FTP program, I decided to delay the release of the patch (v2 of part 1), but include more features than I originally anticipated.

Several of the features include a redone RACE.IDS (I actually added re-ordered the names not the values, and I added more than a hundred new PnP races that some might consider using).

http://galactygon.blackwyrmlair.net/bestia...ions/Patch2.exe

I really believe the download works now, since I tested it myself.

-Galactygon
igi
The download works fine now (and is a little over 4mb, for those who care about such things).

Finally, the Tasloi animation can be used in BG2. Looks like "The Tasloi Thread" will be joining "Dark Heart of the Xvart" on the mods-to-do list smile.gif

Also, the specific field in the .cre format is 1 byte, which only allows for values from 0 to 256, so several of the entries in race.ids would appear not to work. Unless, you've tested them?
Also, although only a few values are listed in the stock specific.ids file, the .cre files in the game use a wider range. So, if you happen to use the same value as an already existing cre, scripts could get confused. Although, I dont know if the cre files with specific values are used in-game, or just junk. And I dont know what range of values they use.

Finally, I'd ask that when the final release is done, separate components are used, so that the animations can be installed, without installing altered .ids files, or changing existing creatures. I'm sure you've already planned this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway smile.gif
Galactygon

Also, the specific field in the .cre format is 1 byte, which only allows for values from 0 to 256, so several of the entries in race.ids would appear not to work. Unless, you've tested them?
Oh, I completely forgot about that. Thanks for telling me; I will make appropriate adjustments. And I haven't tested that part, since I assumed it would work.

Finally, I'd ask that when the final release is done, separate components are used, so that the animations can be installed, without installing altered .ids files, or changing existing creatures. I'm sure you've already planned this, but I thought I'd mention it anyway smile.gif

The IDS files don't change existing creatures, meaning that an Ankheg with a particular value assigned will still remain an Ankheg in terms of what .eff files reference that value and so on.

The only conflict I can imagine are other mods that change the IDS files to a great deal. But then again, those mods wouldn't be compatible with Bestial Animations, since they most likely introduce new animations to the game.

The only 2 changes I plan to make is to assign all summoned creatures the value 50 for specific.IDS to rid the game from the summoning limit, and gated creatures recieve the value of 51 in the same IDS file. That will most likely be optional.

-Galactygon
Nerik
Err... I have a problem (again) unsure.gif (no one else has reported it, so it's probably just me mellow.gif )

When I try an install this, I get the error:

CODE
ERROR locating resource for 'COPY'
Resource [MWWESC.] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]
Stopping installation because of error.

Which appears to refer to this part of the .tp2:

CODE
COPY ~LC_BAnimations_Patch2/Files~ ~override~
// Waterweird
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWESC~ ~override/MWWEWK.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWESCE~ ~override/MWWEWKE.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4~ ~override/MWWEA1.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4E~ ~override/MWWEA1E.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA2~ ~override/MWWEA2.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA2E~ ~override/MWWEA2E.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA3~ ~override/MWWEA3.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA3E~ ~override/MWWEA3E.bam~

Should these files have .bam extensions?

Also there doesn't appear to be any MWWEA2.bam, MWWEA2E.bam, MWWEA3.bam or MWWEA3E.bam files in my installation - should there be?

Thanks, and sorry to be a pest

Charles
Galactygon
It's an oversight. Some of the files no one has I do have. I simply copied them before-hand and forgot to keep that in mind.

This:

CODE
// Waterweird
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA2~ ~override/MWWEA2.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA2E~ ~override/MWWEA2E.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA3~ ~override/MWWEA3.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA3E~ ~override/MWWEA3E.bam~

should really be this:

CODE
// Waterweird
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4~ ~override/MWWEA2.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4E~ ~override/MWWEA2E.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4~ ~override/MWWEA3.bam~
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWEA4E~ ~override/MWWEA3E.bam~

-Galactygon
Nerik
Thanks, but I still needed to add ".bam" after the MWE* files to make it work, i.e. change:

CODE

to

CODE
COPY_EXISTING ~MWWESC.bam~ ~override/MWWEWK.bam~

is this normal?

Charles
Galactygon
Oh yes, I forgot to add that one too. Added for V3.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.