Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Animation Allocations
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
Nerik
I'm not sure about the thread title, but what I want to discuss is the use to which we put the new animations that Galactygon has put some much effort into providing for us.

One option is to improve the situation where BioWare 'made do' with an existing animation rather than add a new one, disregarding the infamous pit fiend argument, I have noticed that there is an abashi in Sendai's Enclave that is currently using a cornugon animation, and as there is an abashi animation in Bestial Animations, that could be used instead.

There are also some pretty cool looking Cambion animations (I think from IWD II) that could (of course) be used for Cambions.

Charles
Galactygon
I'll add the abishai correction for the next patch. Thanks for pointing that out, Nerik.

I thought the Cambion animations in BGII and IWDII are the same, aren't they?

-Galactygon
Nerik
BG II Cambions use the 0x2300 death_knight animation,
The IWD II animations I refer to are those for Isair and Madae, who are, I think, cambion characters in IWD II.

Charles
Galactygon
I don't see Isair and Madae as cambions of any sort; cambions aren't nearly as powerful as either one of them, at least in AD&D. However, I could be convinced if I see they look similar based on an AD&D picture or source.

-Galactygon
Nerik
Hmm... I've just had a look at the old Planescape Monstrous Compendium - from that I'd say that the old death_knight animation is probably as good as any for them, so I was wrong.

I think the Isair and Madae animations are pretty good, so I'd like to see them used for something - I'm just not sure what ATM.

Charles
Andyr
I think a Cambion is a half-fiend, which the IWD2 twins are, so I think technically they are Cambions.

However, I'd be against over-using them because that'd be like using the Irenicus avatar for random wizards.
Nerik
Concur (with Andyr) - leave the Cambion animation as it currently is.

What are everyones views on having Iron Golems use the 'Icewind Golem' animation (but not Adamantine Golems)?
On the subject of Golems, the 'small' golem animation used for Flesh, Clay, Stone and Juggernaut Golems is really only suitable (IMHO) for Clay Golems, any ideas on suitable replacements for the others?

The various Icewind Dale troll animations have some obvious applications, although there may be problems with how the Bestial Animations system interacts with how BG II implemented trolls?

Now I might start a poll on this one, there are two different colours of IceWind Dale Umber Hulks, but their animations are rather different from the BG II Umber Hulks - so which does everone prefer? (I think they are sufficiently different that it might be stretching the bounds of plausability to use one for 'common' umber hulks, and one for speciality versions).

Charles
T.G.Maestro
What are everyones views on having Iron Golems use the 'Icewind Golem' animation (but not Adamantine Golems)?
Definitely use the Icewind Golems as an Iron Golem avatar - and leave Adamantite Golems with their current (and now unique) appearance.

Now I might start a poll on this one, there are two different colours of IceWind Dale Umber Hulks, but their animations are rather different from the BG II Umber Hulks - so which does everone prefer?

I like the BG2 Umber Hulks better - though we shouldn't forget Umber Hulk Elders. wink.gif
Galactygon
I completely forgot about this thread, so apologies for the lack of replies!

I don't see a any problems with using the IWD animation.

Now I might start a poll on this one, there are two different colours of IceWind Dale Umber Hulks, but their animations are rather different from the BG II Umber Hulks - so which does everone prefer? (I think they are sufficiently different that it might be stretching the bounds of plausability to use one for 'common' umber hulks, and one for speciality versions).

I am with you on this one also, I am more fond of what is present in IWD (not to mention what you mentioned above about the usage of different colours for elder hulks).

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.