Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bug Reports
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
Nerik
Well, I've given this a quick test, and I've stumbled across a bug:

Game: BG II:ToB v.2.5.26498
System: WinXP
Symptom: A Pit Fiend attacking causes a CTD with the following "An Assertion Failed in ChVidImage3d.cpp at line number 899"
Further Info:

The Pit Fiend had been summoned by a Gate to Test/Gawp at the new animation, when I summoned something for it to fight (anything it appears), it begins its attack animation then the CTD occurs.
Removing the mod removes the problem at least on a quick test.

I managed to test the new fire giants (by visiting Yaga Shura's siege camp) - no problems were observed, and yes, the new animations are more fitting.

If you need any more info, just let me know.

Charles
SimDing0
I encountered the crash on the Belhifet animation too. It seems like one attack sequence is missing or something, because he got several attacks in without a crash (although I did notice that the animation seems to skip a little when switching from an attack sequence back to standing, which is probably an unavoidable side-effect of the system).
Galactygon
You are both right. I forgot to include the third attack sequence. Will be fixed by next patch (or V2).

Meanwhile, you could all do yourself a favour by duplicating and renaming the duplicates of the following files in the override folder of your BG2 installation:

MBRHWA2 --> MBRHWA3
MBRHWA2E --> MBRHWA3E

That should fix the problem.

And yes, the animation skips a little, Sim. I couldn't do anything about it, but it shouldn't bother people much.

-Galactygon
T.G.Maestro
While this isn't exactly a bug - and I'm not sure if it even exists - I'd like to note something.
As I gather, fire giants now use the IWD animations, which is a good thing. But what about Yaga-Shura? In his case, keeping the BG2-style avatar would be essential - one of the reasons is his portrait (clearly based on the BG2 Fire Giant avatars), and the other is the unique look of this member of the Five.
Galactygon
Yes, I thought about that part. The idea I have in mindis replacing his portrait with something else.

-Galactygon
Nerik
Got another I'm afraid,

Actually it is the same assertion failure as above, but this time it appears to be associated with Red Myconids.

Charles
Galactygon
You are right again - it seems I forgot to add the walking animations to the red myconids.

Fixed for the upcoming patch.

-Galactygon
Nerik
A weird thing I just encountered - for the Ravager encounter (the last pocket plane test in ToB) the ravager itself appeared as alternatively an empty 'foot circle' or as an IWD rhinocerous beetle.
Examining its creature definition with DLTCEP didn't show any reason why this should be happening.

Charles
Galactygon
Fixed for the next patch.

-Galactygon
Galactygon
I found another bug; for some reason, DEMOSUM1.cre (marilith) crashes the game. I will fix this for the next patch.

-Galactygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.