Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bestial Animations Part 1 <beta> released!
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
Galactygon
After all the waiting, delays, difficulties and such, I am proud to announce Part 1 <beta> V1 is publically available!

Mod Download (350 MB)
Mod Readme/Documentary (12 KB)

So what exactly is this about? What are the creature slots? Find out in the readme/documentary.
Where to report bugs or ask any questions you might have? Either (preferrably) at this forum or via e-mail (galactygon@baraban.com).

Bug reporters will recieve credit for bug-reporting, of course, since they ultimately improve the mod. smile.gif

-Galactygon
Galactygon
Someone pointed out a minor error in the documentary that mixed up the numeric and the hexadecimal values. The online documentery should be fixed. The one included in the massive download will have to wait until I gather enough bug reports to have a new version uploaded.

-Galactygon
T.G.Maestro
Another question before download:

Is it possible to select which parts of the mod I want to install?
I'm asking this because the main parts (the new animations, the casting animations for monsters) are as great as possible, yet I really wouldn't want to see Pit Fiends running around as Belhifet - that just won't do, no matter how hard I'm trying to accept it. unsure.gif
Separate install components would be a bless here.
Galactygon
Unfortunately, not yet, TGM.

Being a modder, you could go ahead and edit the .tp2 file and remove all the lines of code that have to do with the Pit Fiend animation (It's only 6-7 lines, as I recall). This way, you will have the Belhifet animation (if you need it), but the Pit Fiend will go unaltered.

-Galactygon
egm
Hi!

I download it yesterday, and give a try with a clean BGII path.

Galac', you're a genius! wub.gif
Nerik
Stepping into the pit fiend controversy....

IMHO the Belheifet animation is better than the ravager one, but I'd prefer a pit fiend with wings smile.gif

TGM: any chance of making the pit fiend animation shown in the ToB refinements forum on FW available to Galactygon?.

Would the Belheifet animation be suitable for the 'demon lord' that gets summoned in the temple of Lolth? (IIRC ATM it uses the 'generic nabassu' animation)?

TGM (again): do you know of a suitable replacement animation for a balor (preferably something big, winged, firey, and 'honest I'm not a rip-off of a balrog' looking)?

Ok, I'll shut up now smile.gif

Charles
NiGHTMARE
Just a random though, but could polymorphing in anyway help with the death animation issue?
Galactygon
Unfortunately, not.

-Galactygon
T.G.Maestro
TGM: any chance of making the pit fiend animation shown in the ToB refinements forum on FW available to Galactygon?
Of course, every animation there is available for Bestial Animations.
TGM (again): do you know of a suitable replacement animation for a balor (preferably something big, winged, firey, and 'honest I'm not a rip-off of a balrog' looking)?

Indeed, Worm makas an excellent work by converting NWN animations into BG2. See this thread for more details and a few impressive screenshots: here.

As a side not, it would be most fortunate for us all if the two projects would become one, it is something that should be arranged. rolleyes.gif
T.G.Maestro
@ Galactygon: do you plan to progress with this project in the near future (this year)? I mean, implementing the 2nd and 3rd parts, especially the third with the death anim. fix?
Galactygon
Parts 2 and 3 depend on several circumstances, one being that Avenger implements all of the .bam editor features I requested for DLTCEP, and the other being WoRm's creature animations being completed since I intend to include most of his animations in part 2.

And I apologize for forgetting to give an answer for a long time.

-Galactygon
T.G.Maestro
Sure, thanks for the info! wink.gif
Eden
What happened to the file & Readme ?

Seem to have been an interesting mod, but without any more detail ..
Galactygon
Hi Eden!

Sorry for the late reply. At the time I first made this mod, there was the issue of limited creature animation slots and therefore I used the weapon slots to create new animations within existing animations. With the coming of Infinity Animations which hacks the executable to enable limitless amount of creature animation slots, this problem has been solved. Bestial Animations is now an outdated mod and a relic of past. I am not supporting it anymore.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.