Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Portrait Obsession
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Studio of Arts
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
jastey
Now his eyes look weird... I like his chin better now though. smile.gif

I very much like the nose now, it is better than in version one.

Could you: Try the eyes again (sorry, but I would like to see them a bit further down, and they look very reddish)
Shorten his face between eye and mouth a bit
make his neck a bit thinner (especially on his right side, the neck is even thicker than his head) EDIT: I'm not too sure about that though... I think what disturbes me is more the baggy on his left cheek... If you know what I mean wacko.gif
Give him a tiny bit longer hair?

*hopes Rabain doesn't loose interest in this because of all the demands and nit-picking*

For the Family Coat of Arms: Yes, sorry, the link was more meant to give you an idea about what I'm talking about, I will have a look around. Sir-Kill actually made a BAM for BG1NPC project, maybe he has some better version.
Rabain
Now his eyes look weird... I like his chin better now though.

I very much like the nose now, it is better than in version one.

Its his very own original eyes and chin and nose...dragged into perspective! Eyes are tricky because alot of what you see in someone's face is down to the eyes...very unique part of the face. It's kind of hard to imagine what the original would look like face on, getting distances right is hard...

The orginal:

he is quite "chubby" if you look closely...he almost has a second chin! Usually when you lift your head up you stretch any fat you have under your chin and you look less fat...he probably does have a double chin...all that Ilvastar food!

But seriously...I'll try lightening the eyes a little (they are red from all the crying he does over changes to his portrait!) and merging the red with the skin tone.

Kinights have thick necks...from having to carry heavy helmets on their heads a lot!

Do you think he would look better with a different hair colour?
jastey
I am curious what you will do with the eyes. The "lower half" of his face on your 2nd version I like very much, and it is in good resemblence to the original portrait (where he is quite chubby indeed...) But the eyes should be a bit down / nose shorter imo. Guess they will stay red from crying.
As I already said the neck is OK.

For some reason I always imagined him to have dark hair. (That was no answer to your question but hey!)
Rabain
I;m not sure if these are better...definately better portraits than the others...but are they Ajantis?

More Ajantis'ssss than you can shake a stick at!
jastey
Cool, they are much better. I made the rule for myself not to nagg on pictures more than three times, so here I go (third and last time):

I very much like the chin and mouth. I would even say they "are Ajantis", compared to the BioWare pic.

The "baggy" is gone, looks very good.

I still have problems with the eyes... For me they look too small, and the white is not white but still very reddish, as if he was awake all night (yes, of course that is something that could happen to a knight easily)... maybe also giving him some lighty spots into his pupils.

For Ajantis, I think his nose is too long (but for a portrait, it is OK.) but I can only really tell if I see a version with changed eyes.

Something I only noticed now: his chin goes over the metal nacklace he is wearing (don't know the right term for it), making it look as if he gets the collar into his chin/neck all the time (looks rather uncomfortable).

On his right side, the hair line looks a bit strange, not sure if this is meant to be a shadow or if he is just a bit assymmetrically haired...

I very much like the facial expression, all knightly and such. smile.gif

I like the left version best, in the middle it looks as if he had dyed his hair, and in the right version.. Well... blink.gif

If I haven't talked away all of your motivation, I really would love to see the left version with "bigger" eyes, placed in a way that the upper lid is at the same place as it is for his eyes right now (...if you know what I mean..)
Rabain
Okay I promised some topless portraits...these were done in the dark because the...er...models were a little shy:

Disclaimer: if you are under the age of 18 or in any way offended by the sight of naked human flesh please do not click on the links below! ph34r.gif

Topless Lady Portrait

Topless Man Portrait

More detail is available on request...for those of legal age..only! wink.gif
Sir-Kill
sexy! wink.gif
Awake
laugh.gif Great job! I especially like the fact that the links seem to be backwards... blink.gif Or are they set that way as in man portrait for men to click on and vice versa?
Rabain
QUOTE(Awake @ Apr 2 2005, 02:49 AM)
laugh.gif Great job! I especially like the fact that the links seem to be backwards... blink.gif Or are they set that way as in man portrait for men to click on and vice versa?

Yeah I knew most guys would go for the girl first and vice versa...tricksy tricksy me!

biggrin.gif
Rabain
Just a quickie for tonight:

It took a while to get rid of that "photo" feel from the guys face. Well at least I hope it isn't too photo like! happy.gif
jastey
Wow... He is a bit young, but I would like to have that one as an alternate Ajantis portrait. smile.gif If possible.

Is that a scar beside his eye?

What I don't like is the hair: Looks like some sort of rasta curls! tongue.gif

Who is the actor?
Rabain
*Sigh* I saw the portrait in work today and it does not look like this on my pc. The hair is so dark that the "rasta curls" just look like shading.

This damn monitor crap is doing my head in!

All donations towards Rabain's new "Super Best TFT Monitor on the market" are now being gratefully accepted...thanks! smile.gif

Rastajantis mod anyone?
Rabain
Okay here is a quick stick together, that generic elf green elf girl from BG1 and some face found on digital art . com. I didn't make any changes at all to the face just made the neck join up with the other neck, then stuck it onto the armour. The armour had to be lengthened a bit, slightly recoloured to match the hair and I stuck an extra necklace in too.

Rabain
Okay and here is tonights effort. I think his head still looks a little disconnected but close enough! Original pic beneath.

Baronius
thumb.gif
Rabain
Thanks Bar.

Another one, armoured girl this time, I just really like the look of this set of armour!

Rabain
Okay here is another one I have just completed. Not much to it, took one of the dwarf portraits from BG1 and mixed it with the Halle Berry portrait from the Portrait Portal.

It's a female dwarf!

"Argh, gimme a mug o' ale and a knittin' needle and I'll skewer yon red dragon and we'll have it for supper!"
Rabain
And here is another, took about 2 hours. A female Red Wizard (original below):

Sir-Kill
I liked the armoured girl a lot but forgot to post

"Argh, gimme a mug o' ale and a knittin' needle and I'll skewer yon red dragon and we'll have it for supper!"
hahah, that one is just scary laugh.gif

red is nice too
Rabain
Hi All,

Experimenting with women again... wink.gif I think I nerfed her chin a little I had to go back and copy it again from the original. I had tried to separate it from the neck as it sort of became part of it in my portrait...then i ended up axing the neck altogether...it looks a little better but could probably be tweaked. I think I made her look a little chubbier too...

Green Eyes

from this original:

dragon_lord
Thats my favourite one so far, I really like it happy.gif. Although the position of her head doesnt look quite right - seems like it should be moved forward a bit. Have you thought about putting all your portraits into a portrait pack (they deserve it!) ? If you wanted I could easily add them to Portrait City (if you converted them to bg2 format for me - i'm pretty busy).
Rabain
Yes I thought her head might be a bit far back too but the effort to move the whole thing was too much last night so I left it. Seeing as It is mostly dark around her head now I might get around to updating it. I tend to move on to new things fairly quickly and come back a lot later to fix things! I get bored easily!

I had thought about making an alternate portrait pack, replacing all the NPC portraits with version I made. It might make replaying the game seem a bit different (though only a little). Most of the portraits are available in Epilogue size from the link in my sig. I update that when I have enough for a new page!

If anyone needs a bmp or wants some changes they can PM me or whatever.

I will take you up on adding them to Portrait City. Do you only provide the two sizes there? I create all mine in Epilogue size (210x330) so they are easily downsized. I might send you the files next weekend or the weekend after...when I am not being so lazy.

If anyone wants a photo made into a portrait just let me know, I am always looking for new models! smile.gif If it is you (in the photo) just let me know what class you would like to be and I'll try to accomodate.

Feel free to comment on any portrait, I appreciate the encouragement!
jastey
I love the female dwarf picture! She is really beautiful.. for a dwarf!
The armoured girl in blue is great, too, although her face is a bit much hidden (but that's only my taste). The only picture I don't like that much is the elf with the green/blue lips. It's a beautiful picture but it looks too much painted... if you know what I mean!

A Rabain portrait pack would be great indeed. smile.gif
Rabain
I changed the dwarf a little:

Rabain
Here are some portraits I did with particular mod NPC's in mind (these may not necessarily be used in the mods, I just did them with the mods in mind!):

Clifton by Dashael at Blacksheepmods.net

Suzo by Midia Eveill (not sure where she is hosted):

Cassandra by Mabnuln at chosenofmystra.net:

I just thought I'd post these in case anyone is interested or wants to comment.
dragon_lord
QUOTE(Rabain @ May 11 2005, 02:09 AM)
Most of the portraits are available in Epilogue size from the link in my sig.  I update that when I have enough for a new page! 

I will take you up on adding them to Portrait City.  Do you only provide the two sizes there?  I create all mine in Epilogue size (210x330) so they are easily downsized.  I might send you the files next weekend or the weekend after...when I am not being so lazy.

The link in your sig doesnt work. Yeah all the portraits are in 2 sizes.
Rabain
Gah! That was Baronius updating the page to php rather than the html it was!

Fixed...thanks I would have forgotten this!
jastey
I liked the first dwarf pic better... smile.gif (Tastes are obviously different.)

Wow, that's a beautiful half-ork (?)!

I would like to see a handsome male half-ork, too, if you please. smile.gif
Rabain
Wow, that's a beautiful half-ork (?)!
Yes! I originally had a more human nose but Midia wanted her uglier...however I'm not sure she is actually any uglier with the classic half-orc nose! The original pic can be seen here.

I would like to see a handsome male half-ork, too, if you please

That'll be the next one I do...sometime in the next few days.

Stay tuned.
Rabain
Okay here is an attempt at a handsome young half-orc. I know traditionally half-orc's should be ugly...so ugly that they're ooogly... as we say but some must inherit more human features than others right?

You'll have to forgive the quality of this pic as the original photo was quite small and enlarging it didn't do it any favours...the bmp is better but not great. It could probably use some tweaking...later!
Sir-Kill
heh it looks like a IWD style portrait but just the head and sholders, like a painting. good job!
Rabain
Yeah I didn't actually see that but it does kind of looks like the same pose as some of the IWD portraits!

Here is another slightly different portrait...I'm still unsure about doing full-face (or almost full-face) helms:

Baronius
Excellent work too. How the skull-helm changes the original face!
jastey
The half-ork is handsome, but a bit too much boy-ish for my taste - if you know what I mean!

The portrait with the scull helmet looks a bit too much blurred.
Rabain
It's funny but the skull one looks fine on my PC at home but I agree looks very blurred from my work PC!.

It was an experiment with Helm's, I might come back to it in time and try to fix the blurring with some Clone Stamping (Attack of the).

And for some reason the eyes remind me of Hulk....SMAAASH!
Baronius
The top of the helm needs to be sharper, that's sure.
Rabain
Okay it's been a few weeks but I have done other portraits for Sol-Ek-Sa and independant offers too...most have been updated to page 3 of my Gallery in the link in my sig.

Well after the eye surgery here is my first portrait...my own eyes are still a little blurry so forgive any bluriness I may have missed in this one:

My own version of a Ghostwise Halfling:

IPB Image

Thanks to Old Gwyn for posing! smile.gif

IPB Image
Rabain
Another attempt at Baldurizing myself:

IPB Image

from this image:

IPB Image

I have come to the conclusion that I am not very photogenic sad.gif

and I need a shave!
Sir-Kill
you look upset. try smiling smile.gif I thought you irish were a happy people or is that another stereotype?
Rabain
Eh....I look worse when I smile... smile.gif

I'm happy on the inside...can't you see that...it's so...obvious!? biggrin.gif
Rabain
Okay I was doing this this evening for the Fraylor mod over at CoM but it is not suitable so I might as well show it here. It's the first time I've done colour from Black and White:

IPB Image

from this:

IPB Image
Lord-Jyssev
QUOTE(Rabain @ Jun 18 2005, 04:57 PM)
Eh....I look worse when I smile... smile.gif

I'm happy on the inside...can't you see that...it's so...obvious!? biggrin.gif

i know what you mean wink.gif tongue.gif
Rabain
My next few portraits will hopefully try to bring a bit more "life" to the models! Kind of like the BG1 portraits..more action oriented...hopefully:

Lady Bard sings her little heart out:

IPB Image
Sir-Kill
cool I like it thumb.gif
Rabain
Very hard to find people in poses that will show any action and also fit the general portrait size of BG.

Lady Fighter is about to draw her sword:

IPB Image
Baronius
She looks like she's trying to reduce her dislocated neck...
Rabain
Swords are heavy man!
Baronius
The position of her left arm is very unnatural. What is she doing with her left hand? Did something escape my attention?
Rabain
Touching her neck, I've seen some women do this...thinking or what-have-you...much like men rubbing the stubble on their chins.

Really it is just the pose the model was in, it would have been too much hassle to remove the arm and rebuild the neck.

I can't see how it would be un-natural, it is her real arm after all...some women are flexible (18 dex smile.gif )!
Baronius
It's a natural pose, but not when pulling out a sword with the other hand! smile.gif It's just my personal opinion, and it doesn't mean that I don't like the way you edited (baldurized) the portrait. It's great in that respect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.