Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First question
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Bestial Animations
egm
Hello,

1)So, what is it about really?
2)How do you plan to import all avatars?
3)Have you managed to deal with hardcoded stuff?
4)mmmhhh, that's all tongue.gif
Galactygon
You'll see after I make some important topics.

-Galactygon
egm
Ah, too hard to wait.. biggrin.gif
Awake
Obviously this is meant for modders, mostly. So, will you be making it possible for modders to use small parts of your mod in their own? For example; let's say I want to use the Collector, Abisashi, and Morte animations from PS:T and that's all. Would it be possible to only incorporate those parts into the mod? Making a person download two massive mods in order to make one would be a pain for the player. I really don't know how exactly you are going about this, so I can't figure out if this is possible or not yet.

Good luck, and I'm looking forward to this. thumb.gif
SimDing0
How are you handling the death animations? I was discussing it with Horred the other day, and the best we could come up with was scripted death using a directional VVC. Unfortunately, I quickly realised that that'd probably look like shit, since it'd result in upside-down anims and stuff. You're probably gonna have to settle with always having the creature face south for the death animation, which is kind of a shame, but possibly better than not having death animations at all.
Incidentally, what was the solution to the spellcasting issue?
Galactygon

Obviously this is meant for modders, mostly.
Yeah, although some changes (see the F.A.Q.) will affect the game too.

So, will you be making it possible for modders to use small parts of your mod in their own? For example; let's say I want to use the Collector, Abisashi, and Morte animations  from PS:T and that's all. Would it be possible to only incorporate those parts into the mod?

At the moment, I don't think so, not because I am an @$$, but because the mod wouldn't work fine if a few small parts are left out. Things might change, in time.

Making a person download two massive mods in order to make one would be a pain for the player.  I really don't know how exactly you are going about this, so I can't figure out if this is possible or not yet.
A person who wouldn't download a massive mod, probabbly wouldn't download another massive mod. A person who would download a massive mod, would most likely download another massive mod.

At the moment, I am trying to think of ways to compress this mod quite a bit. Perhaps by distributing the entire mod in a few .biff files? I don't know if there is such a feature in WeiDU that allows .biff installation (not creating a .biff file out of a group of files during installation).

How are you handling the death animations?

I haven't thought about it much yet.

Incidentally, what was the solution to the spellcasting issue?

It just happened to be working fine for me, using the standard MxxxwSP, MxxxwSPE, MxxxwCA, and MxxxwCAE naming. smile.gif

-Galacytygon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.