Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tortured Souls evil path walkthrough
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Vlad's Compilation > Tortured Souls
Sergio1992
While I had no issue for the good path, I'm having some issues for the "evil" path.

I allied myself with Bodhi.

1) When I enter the castle where Yoshimo's family is, I kill everyone to take the wardstone, but by doing so, both Kachiko and Yoshimo turn on me and I'm not able to continue. Or at least I don't see a way to do so. I tried to go through the ladder top of the map, but I can't do it. What is supposed to happen?

2) Are you supposed to actually wait until you meet Kachiko's family before betraying everyone? Or is this path "unintended"? Because if you betray Kachiko's clan, it doesn't seem like you can actually go back to Yoshimo's family and take the wardstone.
Vlad
Originally, the idea was that if you kill someone there on the island, he/she will return in 24 hours. It starts when you explore the island, you first see the bodies and Y-K recognizes Yoshimo's cousin among them. Then he suddenly appears near the entrance to the castle and Y-K being shocked seeing him alive. However, we have never introduced this option (except Yoshimo's cousin) for different reasons and because it was a lot of scripting to do. So, if you kill the good guys, you'll probably be stuck, but not sure. I haven't tried this option for quite some time. Anyway, it shouldn't affect your game play as you need to save Kachiko.

Regarding Kachiko's clan, you are actually paving your path through their bodies.

Wardstone will appear only after you save Kachiko and return to the surface.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Vlad @ Oct 17 2019, 10:04 PM) *
Originally, the idea was that if you kill someone there on the island, he/she will return in 24 hours. It starts when you explore the island, you first see the bodies and Y-K recognizes Yoshimo's cousin among them. Then he suddenly appears near the entrance to the castle and Y-K being shocked seeing him alive. However, we have never introduced this option (except Yoshimo's cousin) for different reasons and because it was a lot of scripting to do. So, if you kill the good guys, you'll probably be stuck, but not sure. I haven't tried this option for quite some time. Anyway, it shouldn't affect your game play as you need to save Kachiko.

Regarding Kachiko's clan, you are actually paving your path through their bodies.

Wardstone will appear only after you save Kachiko and return to the surface.

Thanks for help Vlad

Ts good path:
1) you go to yoshimo's family and they tell you to kill Kachiko's family
2) You refuse, get out of the house, and a child gifts yoshimo a rope to actually go through the hole in the ground
3) You go in the hole, explore, and then save Kachiko

TS evil path (from what I've seen). Two divergent paths:

1) NOT WORKING
a) you go to Yoshimo's family and kill everyone. Kachiko and Yoshimo gets hostile.
cool.gif you get the wardstone but you seem to get stuck.
c) By losing yoshimo you also don't have a thief. Charname, Leina, Yoshimo, Kachiko, Sharteel, Minsc was my team here.
d) you leave the compound but nothing seem to happen. You are not given any rope so you can't go further. Also, the chest in the cellar is closed.

2) WORKING
a) you don't betray Yoshimo's family
cool.gif you take the charts from Kachiko's mother body
C) You reach the father in the end, after having killed everybody
d) TS ends well

So basically option 1) is barred.

Some suggestions:

1) Add a banter to Yoshimo where he tells you "we killed everyone" so the player knows he can go to the father of Kachiko
2) Even if Ts evil path worked, it was still weird, because the father committed suicide, rather than him fighting for his family
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.