Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My nitpicks
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Released mods - Baldur's Gate II > Never Ending Journey
Sergio1992
1) Nej1: The fact that the innkeeper in Kuldahar changes his inventory before or after solving his quest is not that great. I say that because the player has no way to know that, if not only after having played it; wouldn’t it be possible to do inventory1 + inventory2? It would be a QoL change.

2) Nej1: Did you face the "issue" that sometimes the axe will say "undead destroyed" but the undead will still be alive without no issue? Could it be related to the weapon or is it an engine quirk? The axe I’m talking about is the “bone cleaver axe”.

3) NEJ1: When you go back to the future, the last cutscene you imply you’ll be using the tool you’ve just repaired. There are also some dialogue options where you can suggest you’ll be going back to the future from Kuldahar, but not choosing them, will make the npcs answer you as if you had actually chosen that answer. This is a bit unimmersive.

3) Nej2: Candlekeep door has a double layer door. Any chance the double layer can be removed?

4) Nej2: Any chance of removing in Halruaa the fact that you have to touch these buttons to open the mage quarters ?

5) Nej2: can the portal for leaving Halruaa be made more “evident”?

6) Couldn’t two books be gifted to you by the mage after you do Nej2 and you come back to Halruaa? Or it would be cool if there was an area there or something that you could bring back being a tome of great value.

7) To the Candlekeep priests, you can ask “have you seen Gorion today”? We are in Bg2 and I don’t know how feasible a fix like that is. Could the dialogue option be removed?

8) The guy that has the second part of the book is deranged. Would it be bad to actually make the candlekeep fortress closed, while making the guy actually walk to you from the candlekeep fortress and start a dialogue with you? So you are not forcing the player to go through the hassle of actually having to scout the fortress searching for this guy.
Still this could pose a problem if you are playing BG:T, but it would be an elegant solution given that candlekeep fortress seems to have no content (unless Taffic adds something?). I realize you could also leave stuff inside (even if I wouldn’t, considering how untrustworthy is Ulraunt).

9) Nej3: the first time you meet the endgame boss he says “I had Kreg Frostbeard and his giants cause the avalanche that crushed Hrothgar, Accalia, and those other fools”. I don’t know if this line should still stay.

10) Can a keyring be added to insert all the different keys you are going to find? Example of a keyring here: https://www.gibberlings3.net/mods/quests/cliffette/ -> see consistency plus version.

11) There is a npc near Draconis named Purple that actually turns into a purple dragon. Any chance of making him/her drop scales and some coins? Maybe even change the name, even if it’s not that bad.
It just spoilers a bit what’s going to happen tongue.gif

12) Evil charnames. Evil charnames tend to get the short end of the stick in Nej, sadly.
For example, Gorion’s ring is only for good Charnames. Would it be possible to make it available for these that enjoy the dark side?

13) Demon lord, if you give him the eggs, actually gives a shit reward. In fact that there are mods around that adds something better (see Unbiased Quest rewards, here: https://avenger981.github.io/doc/readme_atweaks.html)
Would it be possible to actually ask him to corrupt Gorion’s ring?

14) If you are evil, the only items that seem worth it are
Mantle of the coming storm (cloak) + wind of heaven (Sword)

while for good characters you have...
Purifier, Blessed helm of Lathander, Selune’s promise, three white doves, scarab of good will

There is a bit of disbalance. Can anything at all be done to “fix” this? Any chance of an improved Human flesh armor for Barbarian\druid, or whatever, or any item that actually would make joining the dark side worth it?

15) If you don’t help Dar, you are not going to get your sweet Ritellium. And also, you cannot sell these slaves either.
What I’m asking is thus: would it be possible to actually have to a chance to sell the slaves, including Dar, after you’ve found the whole book and then selling the book too? I would enjoy doing that a lot.

15.1) Added due to the post I've published in the past: A note about Dar and his quest: it would be cool if you could sell not only the slaves, but also tell the slavers that they could "ideologically" enslave the slavers with the book you could be selling them.

Rewards:
- For the slaves you should get a huge amount of gold coins
- For the book you get a powerful evil artifact

Note: Another bonus should be added if you force Dar to actually go with the slavers and enslave him.

I'm evil, I know.

16) Slavers attack stop after Underdark. Would it be possible to make it the same for thieves in the docks?

17) Found a second copy of Pale Justice on Abazigal. Maybe this is intended, but I would like to report it anyway.

18) I found some good items in Tortured Souls. Given that you are supposed to install Vlad first and then Nej second, would it be possible to make an optional component for Nej adding the items you would be finding in TS, if you do not install TS?
E.g: I would add Kensai gloves and everything else to Ribald or any dragon (you choose which one).

19) There are some item fixes + area fixes inside BWP fixpack. You can find BWP fixpack here: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/521-big-world-fixpack/. Check folder Nej3.

20) hrothgar never alerted me about having to start nej2 and nej3. I found it worth noting. Was I the only player that experienced this?

21) Any chance of making Sarevok new portrait an optional tweak?
Senka
For example, Gorion’s ring is only for good Charnames. Would it be possible to make it available for these that enjoy the dark side?
No way
I still don't Understand WHY Vlad put it for those who cannot play Keldorn Romance... And I don't like it at all.
Found a second copy of Pale Justice on Abazigal. Maybe this is intended, but I would like to report it anyway.

I already reported it. And many other you didn't noticed tongue.gif

Would it be possible to make it the same for thieves in the docks?

Is it a problem? Really? ))))
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 15 2019, 04:02 PM) *
No way
I still don't Understand WHY Vlad put it for those who cannot play Keldorn Romance... And I don't like it at all.
Found a second copy of Pale Justice on Abazigal. Maybe this is intended, but I would like to report it anyway.
I already reported it. And many other you didn't noticed tongue.gif

Would it be possible to make it the same for thieves in the docks?

Is it a problem? Really? ))))

Why you don't want Gorion's ring to be available for any charname?

The fact that you keep getting ambushed is not a problem: rather what makes it a problem is that the ambushes are not linked to your progress. If after killing Aran you wouldn't get any ambush, I would be all for it. But on the other hand if they never stop, you make the player think something is missing (like he didn't do a quest or something of this sort). That's why I'm asking for them to stop after you get out of the underdark OR after killing Aran. And thieves could actually ambush you even out of the docks: I'm just poking Vlad tongue.gif
Senka

Because this PC gives it to Keldorn in response to his marriage proposal. She do it because she loves him. What does this have to do with those who don't play romance?
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 16 2019, 07:53 AM) *

Because this PC gives it to Keldorn in response to his marriage proposal. She do it because she loves him. What does this have to do with those who don't play romance?

These things are not exclusive to each other..
Senka
This is not honest for those who play mod. Because you have got very cool item from the very beginning. But those who play romance have got it in the end of SoA. Why?
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 16 2019, 09:21 AM) *
This is not honest for those who play mod. Because you have got very cool item from the very beginning. But those who play romance have got it in the end of SoA. Why?

Senka, right now the execution is almost perfect.

You get the ring at the beginning of the game and you gift it to Keldorn in a specific banter at the end of SOA.

Note: The only "problem" is that when you gift it, the Gorion's ring get duplicated.
Senka
The problem is that: PC who can play romance haven't this ring from the very beginning. So... this is only one ring.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 16 2019, 02:26 PM) *
The problem is that: PC who can play romance haven't this ring from the very beginning. So... this is only one ring.

Ah!!! I understand now what you are talking about

If you are not female you get the ring only at the end of Soa, while if you are male you don't.

I understand what Vlad did: the only thing I would do differently is making the ring available for female at game's beginning too, so gifting it to Keldorn, would be cool.

I like Gorion's ring tongue.gif
Senka
If you are not female
Or if you don't fit for romance. Race, alignment, class...

[I understand what Vlad did: the only thing I would do differently is making the ring available for female at game's beginning too, so gifting it to Keldorn, would be cool.

I suggested do it unremovable and then when time is coming replace for removable.
Sergio1992
I also got another feature request.

I found some good items in Tortured Souls. Given that you are supposed to install Vlad first and then Nej second, would it be possible to make an optional component for Nej adding the items you would be finding in TS to shopkeepers if you do not install TS? I would add Kensai gloves and everything else to Ribald or by any dragon (you choose which one).

Edit: added to the first post.
Senka
You cannot install NEJ without VC that include TS and KR )))
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Oct 17 2019, 11:45 AM) *
You cannot install NEJ without VC that include TS and KR )))

I'll be publishing my nitpicks about Vlad's compilation and hopefully Vlad will hear these too tongue.gif
Sergio1992
There are some item fixes + area fixes inside BWP fixpack. You can find BWP fixpack here: http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/521-big-world-fixpack/. Check folder Nej3.
Sergio1992
Another thing to note: hrothgar never alerted me about having to start Nej2 and Nej3. I found it worth noting. Was I the only one that experienced this ?
Senka
Was I the only one that experienced this ?

No smile.gif
But you have met Eurick, right? You character knows about returning to Kuldahar
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Jan 30 2020, 12:57 PM) *
Was I the only one that experienced this ?

No smile.gif
But you have met Eurick, right? You character knows about returning to Kuldahar

I don't remember sad.gif.
Senka
He gives you a wardstone. So you must have 3 of them: Arundel wardstone, Tilorn and Eurick. Eurick met you after returning from Hallrua.
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Feb 1 2020, 07:48 AM) *
He gives you a wardstone. So you must have 3 of them: Arundel wardstone, Tilorn and Eurick. Eurick met you after returning from Hallrua.

ah yes, I did all three parts of Nej wink.gif
Senka
Yes, I agree that Hrothgar should say something like “Here’s a suitable portal,” or something else. But...
Sergio1992
Hey Senka,
1) do you like Sarevok portrait with eyes?
2) Do you know how to restore the original portrait?
Senka
1. No )))
2. Always do that wink.gif Just remove from override his 3 portraits: SAREVOKL.bmp, SAREVOKM.bmp, SAREVOKS.bmp.
Enjoy wink.gif
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Feb 8 2020, 09:40 AM) *
1. No )))
2. Always do that wink.gif Just remove from override his 3 portraits: SAREVOKL.bmp, SAREVOKM.bmp, SAREVOKS.bmp.
Enjoy wink.gif

Thank you. We should probably ask Vlad to make that portrait a tweak, don't you think?
Senka
He doesn't like Sarevok fire-eyes ))))
Sergio1992
QUOTE(Senka @ Feb 8 2020, 12:32 PM) *
He doesn't like Sarevok fire-eyes ))))

I guessed. But I don't want to "remove" it, just make it optional. tongue.gif I should add a suggestion in the first post.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.