Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Some Mod/Weidu Issues
The Black Wyrm's Lair - Forums > Mod development resources & discussion > Modder's Workshop
Skitia
So I'm having two reoccurring problems with modding so far, and I'm not sure if it's because of GoG, Weidu, or just Baldur's Gate EE (First Game, not Sequel).

1st Problem: I'm unable to spawn the NPC in certain areas. After spending hours baffled, switching the area would get the NPC to spawn, but the coordinates were easily for a valid area. This may be frustratingly restrictive down the road.

2nd Problem: The game seems to be struggling with my TRA File. It will give me a fatal error regarding the tlk. If I just go translation file less, everything works fine. I'd like to translate the mod to Spanish possibly down the road when I release it, and not sure how to get around the error.

I've practiced modding on the second game in the past (Pre EE) but never got far into the project and released the mod, so very new at this still, and EE is very different in set up. Would appreciate some enlightment on the first two issues.
Valerius
For issue 1

There are areas that have no area script assigned per default. If you use such an area, e.g. some house indoors, the script is not there to run.
This is in the vanilla games.
EET for the EE games assigns a script to every area, but other games may have missing one. You can assign a script to the are file with your mod and as long as you use the are-file name for it, there will be no compatibility issue.

Another option is to spawn the NPC in the main area and then use another script block to move it into a house even if that inside has no area script.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.